1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by Damage, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Damage

Damage ****face

From Jeff Schudel of The news Herald:
    I know Shurmer isn't going to say they want RG3 - & this could very well be the beginning of my favorite time of year (smoke screen time!). You could make the case for passing on RG3 but I hope it's not because of McCoy and his potential development.

Worst case is you draft RG3 and McCoy comes out like gangbusters next season - giving us a Brees/Rivers situation

2 people like this.
  2. Pavlovic3Ball

Pavlovic3Ball BARNES BRIGADE

Yea, im sure its just a smokescreen. If the Browns really think Colt is still our guy, than we have problems.

3. mofire

mofire Situational Stopper

If you ask me right now to give a reason why he would say this right now I would have to say probablt to try and convince teams they are not interested in RG3 so teams would be hesitant to trade up to number 2. However he could be speaking the truth, who knows. All I know is our great beat reporters don't even have the slightest clue what the organization is thinking.

3 people like this.
  4. Dr. Gymbo

Dr. Gymbo Resident Microbiologist

[​IMG]

5. MalTalm

MalTalm Formerly known as Talm

When we drafted Haden, we had convinced the media that his 40 time was a serious concern, and people all of a sudden were predicting Haden to drop into the late 1st/ early 2nd round. Even though the early rumors had Haden strongly favored to end up with the Browns, by the time we picked him on draft day, everyone was surprised. If you want RGIII, but by draft day you're convinced the Browns have no interest in RGIII, you'll probably be in for some good news.

6. mofire

mofire Situational Stopper

I was being sarcastic when I said that about our reporters.

1 person likes this.
  7. Spectre

Spectre Playin' for keeps...

If Shurmur/Holmgren/Heckert want RGIII, we'll find out as the trade is announced. With other teams competing for the same player and the price going up if any strong interest or plan is revealed, the only information you'll hear from Berea will need to be taken with a whole lick of salt.

8. Real Cavs Fan

Real Cavs Fan Banned

Who else gets the feeling Shurmur can even screw up a smokescreen?

1 person likes this.
  9. Sly

Sly Hoping the next Leap, will be the Leap home.

Is it further than 7yds down the field?

9 people like this.
  10. MoFlo

MoFlo Administrator Staff Member

Could be neither, too. It could very well be him just speaking the truth (saying it's premature doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested, it just means they're still weighing their options). And if they pass on him, it doesn't necessarily mean they think Colt is still our guy. It could also be that they don't see RGIII as a legit franchise QB and/or they see a better opportunity (as far as another guy at that spot in the draft) elsewhere.

2 people like this.
  11. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

I'm sure they wanna watch griffin in the combine and pro day plus interviews to make sure he's the guy

12. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Dr. Gymbo

Dr. Gymbo Resident Microbiologist

Would that be like setting yourself on fire?

1 person likes this.
  14. onyoursix7

onyoursix7 Situational Stopper

Withers just reported that the Browns have talked to Mike Adams from OSU about playing RT.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sly

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/02/cleveland_browns_gm_tom_hecker_8.html

Doesn't sit well with me.

16. Spectre

Spectre Playin' for keeps...

He's going to be using Skyping in on the interviews and they'll be taped as well. Color me unconcerned.

17. UDcleveland

UDcleveland Sixth Man

I think Tom Heckert understands the importance of real football talent vs. workout talent (see Joe Haden), and I'm sure he already has our board close to set. I think the interviews are the most important part of the combine, and I'm sure he'll have his input, as has been mentioned.

Let the other teams get caught up in how fast guys can run with no pads on, and how many reps they can do of one of the most functionally useless lifts there is. Our guy will focus on football ability and what he saw on the field.

1 person likes this.
  18. Kevalier

Kevalier It could be worse.

I've heard that Heckert has actually been hospitalized for a month now which is another reason why he didn't attend the Senior Bowl though I wasn't allowed to hear the reason for his hospitalization.

19. Snarly

Snarly Count Duckula.

This Tom Heckert MIA thing Is because he knows he is taking RG3.... I guess his job is done and left the rest of the picks up to the coaching staff. Yeap....

20. Sly

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/rams-willing-to-trade-down/