1. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

2012 NFL Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by JMcCurry08, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

Figured we should start this up since one isn't made yet. Browns will not pursue Marques Colston in free agency according to reports

2. DJTJ

DJTJ 3 ball... got it!

I can't wait to see our roster at the end of April. I'd be willing to wager we do virtually nothing outside of the draft, and like normal, are terrible. If they're going with Colt, or Tannenhill, or whomever, they better nail down solid weapons. This is disheartening.

1 person likes this.
  3. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

3 Biggest Needs for the Browns according to the AFC North blog

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43690/afc-north-team-needs-browns

4. Juice Is Loose

Juice Is Loose Stylin' and Profilin'

2 people like this.
  5. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

I expect that the Browns will do as much in FA as last year. Sign a guy or two who MIGHT start (or just play at all) but otherwise sign a bunch of nobodies who doesn't deserve to start anywhere.

6. Phills14

Phills14 Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Staff Member

I can see the Browns paying bigger money to a veteran offensive lineman like a Ben Grubbs. Rumors are Steinbach's back is not recovering well so it might be time to solidify that position next to Joe Thomas. We would then have Pinkston and Luvauo fighting it out for RG and 1st guard off the bench duties. It would be wise to grab a 3rd or 4thround tackle and put him in there to compete with Pashos.

The rest of the free agency money I see being used to secure Hillis at a reasonable contract and fill in holes with guys that could be starters but probably are backups on the D line, LB and either CB/FS positions. Guys like Dimitri Patterson from last year.

1 person likes this.
  7. bob2the2nd

bob2the2nd member 32

ben grubbs is the one FA i would absolutely love to have on this team. much more so than any other FA

8. Nw220

Nw220 Rookie

Id like to grab Robert Meachem....Ben Grubbs would be nice dont know if it"d happen though but it should hes a beast

9. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

I guess this is the best place for this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/179283923803713536" data-datetime="2012-03-12T19:13:13+00:00">March 12, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. TheNewEra

TheNewEra former name-lbj2300

Must be true........

Incarcerated Bob‏@incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Cleveland Browns have set up a meeting with (QB) Flynn over the next 48hours (Dolphins better have a plan)

11. caf

caf Banņed

Every time someone posts an ibob twittwat

I am going to release all my frustration of having read it on my girlfriends twittwat.

12. mofire

mofire Situational Stopper

I don't really listen to what bob has to say, but I will say his NFL tweets have been pretty good and almost happen most of the time compared to some of the other crazy stuff he throws out.

13. DJTJ

DJTJ 3 ball... got it!

I'd like this to be true, just to see if we're doing our due diligence.

14. Ryno

Ryno In the Rotation

Meh, I've seen him be right about some stuff before, but never about anything related to Cleveland sports. It's mostly NYC sports where he seems to have info.

According to him we were the overwhelming favorite for Ray Edwards and close to an agreement with him. But, in reality, we never even contacted him.

15. Ryno

Ryno In the Rotation

I wanted to draft Grubbs when he came out and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I've seen so many different things on Steinbach, I don't know what to believe. That situation will definitely be interesting because I've heard that his recovery has been great and then you turn around and some other source says it hasn't been going well.

16. mofire

mofire Situational Stopper

Ya you are 100% correct on that.

17. Ryno

Ryno In the Rotation

Some guys I think we'll at least take a look at. I'm going to leave the QB's out because everyone knows the options in both FA and the draft.

RB - Hillis, Steve Slaton, Mike Tolbert, Michael Bush, Ryan Grant

WR - Colston (yes, I think we'll take a look; no, I don't think it'll be a serious look), Garcon, Meachum, Josh Morgan, Doucett

TE - I've seen us linked an awful lot with John Carlson. It makes sense as Holmgren drafted him, but we'd have to be planning something with one of the 4 TE's we already have on the team.

OL - I would love to get Anthony Collins and plug him into the RT position. He's young and has fared pretty well when given opportunities to start for the Bungles. Plus, he would most likely be a pretty cheap option and would allow us to address another position in the draft.

DB - I hope they look to bring Patterson and Adams back on some cheap team-friendly contracts. Neither is great, but both give some very solid depth and I thought Patterson played well as the nickel back last year. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at Richard Marshall and Terrell Thomas.

LB - Not sure. I've seen the David Hawthorne thing from several message board posters, but we'll have to wait and see. I feel pretty good about the position if Fujita is healthy, but we need to find his long term replacement soon. There are some decent options in the draft though (Brown, David, Manning.)

DL - Obviously, we need a DE. There are a few decent options in the draft (Mercilus, Branch, Ingram, etc.) And the FA class is pretty weak here. I'd love Mario Williams more than any other FA at any position, but it ain't happening. So, maybe Jeremy Mincey from Jacksonville or Jason Jones from Tennessee.

So, I guess I'd like to see something like:

RB - Hillis
    WR - Meachum and maybe Amendola; Amendola was just tendered at the 2nd round level, but I just think Shurmur really likes him. I've seen him linked with us a bunch. I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder, but I'm sure the Rams would take a little less.
    OT - Anthony Collins
    DE - Mincey

Then you could address another RB, WR, OL, DE, CB, S in the draft.

18. Pavlovic3Ball

Pavlovic3Ball BARNES BRIGADE

Take it for what its worth....

19. MalTalm

MalTalm Formerly known as Talm

That is going to screw Washington. They needed a big off-season after surrendering their draft for RGIII. I'm curious to see how they approach this.

20. Triplethreat

Triplethreat Preview Team

[​IMG]