• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2013 Browns roster/depth chart (updated 4/25)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smooth

Your Writer’s Favorite Writer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll keep this update throughout the season...

OFFENSE

QB: Brandon Weeden
2nd - Jason Campbell
3rd - Thaddeus Lewis

RB: Trent Richardson
2nd - Montario Hardesty
3rd - Chris Ogbonnaya
4th - Dion Lewis

FB: Owen Marecic

TE: Jordan Cameron
2nd - Kellen Davis
3rd - Gary Barnidge
4thd - Brad Smelley
5th - George Bryan
6th - Dan Gronkowski

X: Josh Gordon
2nd - Rod Windsor
3rd -

Z: Greg Little
2nd - Travis Benjamin
3rd -

Y: Davone Bess
2nd - David Nelson
3rd - Jordan Norwood
4th - Josh Cooper

LT: Joe Thomas
2nd - Oniel Cousins

LG: Jason Pinkston
2nd - Jarrod Shaw

CT: Alex Mack
2nd - John Greco
3rd - Garth Gerhart

RG: Shawn Lauvao
2nd - Garrett Gilkey
2nd - Dom Alford
3rd - Bryant Browning

RT: Mitchell Schwartz
2nd - Ryan Miller
3rd - DJ Young

DEFENSE

SDE: Ahtyba Rubin
2nd - Brian Sanford
3rd -

NT: Phil Taylor
2nd - John Hughes
3rd - Ishmaa'ily Kitchen

WDE: Desmond Bryant
2nd - Billy Winn

SAM: Jabaal Sheard
2nd - Quentin Groves
3rd - Ricky Elmore
4th - Kendrick Adams
5th -

TED: Craig Robertson
2nd - James Michael-Johnson
3rd - Ryan Rau

MIKE: D'Qwell Jackson
2nd - LJ Fort
4th - Tank Carder
5th - Adrian Moten

WILL: Paul Kruger
2nd - Barkevious Mingo
3rd - Armonty Bryant
4th - Hall Davis

LCB: Joe Haden
2nd - Prince Miller
3rd -

RCB: Leon McFadden
2nd - Trevin Wade
3rd - Kent Richardson
4th - Jordan Mabin

SCB: Chris Owens
2nd - Buster Skrine
3rd - Kevin Barnes

FS: Tashaun Gipson
2nd - Jamoris Slaughter
3rd - Johnson Bademosi

SS: TJ Ward
2nd - Eric Hagg
3rd -

SPECIAL TEAMS

P: Spencer Lanning
2nd - Jake Schum

K: Shayne Graham
2nd - Brandon Bogotay

H:

LS: Christian Young

KR: Travis Benjamin
2nd - Buster Skrine
3rd - Dion Lewis

PR: Travis Benjamin
2nd - Buster Skrine
3rd - Dion Lewis

PRACTICE SQUAD

OG Bryant Browning
TE George Bryan
OLB Ricky Elmore
C Garth Gerhart
CB Jordan Mabin
WR Rod Windsor
RT DJ Young

FUTURES CONTRACT/PRACTICE SQUAD

OLB Kendrick Adams
CB Kent Richardson
TE Dan Gronkowski

Last edited:
Re: 2011 Browns roster/depth chart

I've got to ask. Since we've now re-signed Evan Moore, what do you think is the plan with Jordan Cameron? He has comprable size and hands when compared to Jimmy Graham from the Saints. My only concern is Cameron and Moore make two receiving TEs that aren't known for blocking. Do we keep an Alex Smith type on the roster to come in for runs? If we do, doesn't that sell the run too much? I am just confused as to why we signed Moore when we drafted Cameron to play the exact role.

Does Cameron just suck that bad right now? Or is the plan to let him develop over the duration of Moore's contract and let Moore go when Cameron is ready to step in?

Re: 2011 Browns roster/depth chart

Think he's struggled with injury. He's probably a couple years off before you could really expect anything out of him though.

Re: 2012 Browns roster/depth chart

man, even after the draft, i feel like this roster still has some serious holes

WR's still need help, don't have much faith in the CB position beyond Joe Haden, and really hope Frostee Rucker is a legitimate LDE because I don't really know anything about him

hopefully James Michael-Johnson provides the much needed youth at the LB position

Love the D-line and O-line. RB, TE, LB, and QB look solid. WR, CB, and S look weak with one great player at each and a lot of marginal or unproven talent.

I'm excited for tonights game. I want to see how well Weeden and our WRs have improved thru workouts. BIG challenge tonight though

Smooth, I believe you forgot Josh Gordon.

Love the D-line and O-line. RB, TE, LB, and QB look solid. WR, CB, and S look weak with one great player at each and a lot of marginal or unproven talent.

I'd say that is pretty accurate but I'd change a couple of things. First off, I think they need another pass rusher opposite Sheard. I'm sure that'll be at the top of their list in the offseason.

I know the 43 doesn't emphasize LBs the way the 34 does. But, they need an upgrade their as well. They especially need to get younger and more athletic on the outside. Their secondary is pretty good IMO. Although, they will need to get a younger replacement for Sheldon Brown. Hopefully, Wade can provide a decent answer to that issue. The rest seems about right to me.

I was an avid "get Tony Grossi the hell off of the Browns beat" guy, but ever since he's moved to ESPNCleveland, he has seemed more chipper. This article paints a pretty damn good picture of what the 53 man roster may look like..

We take a stab at the Browns' final 53-player roster (kind of)
Aug 29, 2012 -- 6:00am
By Tony Grossi

Rosterology: After they get this last preseason game against Chicago out of the way on Thursday night, the Browns will have about 24 hours to cut their squad from 75 to 53.

I don’t believe it will be that hard for GM Tom Heckert, who has the final call, and coach Pat Shurmur to cut their roster.

“I think there are a handful of decisions that we’re going to make, come the final cuts, that will be determined by how guys play in this game,” Shurmur said.

By my calculation, there may be as many as 11 roster spots that are hazy.

Let’s look first at the players I believe are safe.

WR: (5) Greg Little, Mohamed Massaquoi, Josh Gordon, Travis Benjamin, Josh Cribbs.

OL: (7) Joe Thomas, Jason Pinkston, Alex Mack, Shawn Lauvao, Mitchell Schwartz, John Greco, Ryan Miller.

TE: (2) Jordan Cameron, Alex Smith.

RB-FB: (3) Trent Richardson, Brandon Jackson, Owen Marecic.

QB: (1) Brandon Weeden.

DL: (7) Jabaal Sheard, Ahtyba Rubin, John Hughes, Frostee Rucker, Juqua Parker, Billy Winn, Ronnie Cameron.

LB: (5) D’Qwell Jackson, Kaluka Maiava, James-Michael Johnson, Craig Robertson, L.J. Fort.

DB: (9) Joe Haden, Sheldon Brown, Eric Hagg, T.J. Ward, Dimitri Patterson, Buster Skrine, Trevin Wade, James Dockery, Ray Ventrone.

ST: (3) Phil Dawson, Reggie Hodges, Christian Yount.

Along with those 42 players, Phil Taylor starts the season on the physically unable to perform list and Scott Fujita probably starts on the suspended list. Haden also may start on the suspended list, but I decided to leave him on the active roster for the purposes of this discussion.

So that leaves another 11 players to add. They probably come down to these decisions:

WR: (1) Jordan Norwood v. Josh Cooper. Norwood, who also is the backup punt returner, has the clear advantage. Cooper has been good, but he hasn’t knocked out Norwood, the incumbent slot receiver.

OL: (1) Oniel Cousins v. Dominic Alford v. Jarrod Shaw v. Jeff Shugarts. Cousins might have blown his shot by committing two penalties on placement kicks in the Green Bay game and then suffering an undisclosed injury in the game. He hasn’t been seen since. Shurmur may have tipped his hand by saying that Greco, more of an interior backup, can fill in at tackle in a pinch. I’m thinking Alford or Shaw make it.

TE: (2) Ben Watson v. Evan Moore v. Dan Gronkowski v. Brad Smelley. I’ve included Smelley in this equation because I believe if he makes the roster as an H-back/fullback/tight end, it comes at the expense of a fourth tight end and not to displace Marecic. Watson, 31, has hardly practiced because of an undisclosed injury, and he suffered three concussions last year. Moore has a similar skill-set to Cameron; neither is a dependable blocker.

RB: (1) Montario Hardesty v. Chris Ogbonnaya v. Adonis Thomas. The injuries to Richardson (knee surgery) and Ogbonnaya (high ankle sprain), in my opinion, saved Hardesty a roster spot. I suppose it’s possible that the Browns could roll the dice and keep Ogbonnaya while he recovers for about four weeks. That would depend on how close Richardson is to being ready for the Sept. 9 opener. Only the Browns know that answer.

QB: (2) Colt McCoy v. Seneca Wallace v. Thaddeus Lewis. A trade of McCoy would make this cutdown easy. But there’s no guarantee that Green Bay – the only apparent team in need -- will bite and offer something. If it comes down to cutting one of the three, I’m feeling that Wallace could be the odd man out. If the decision is left for Shurmur, he probably would choose Lewis over Wallace as his No. 3. If Mike Holmgren or Heckert pull rank, Wallace could survive, but his best chance of sticking is through a trade of McCoy.

DL: (2) Scott Paxson v. Emmanuel Stephens v. Brian Schaefering v. Kiante Tripp, v. Brian Sanford, v. William Green v. Ernest Owusu. Paxson could end up on injured reserve; the severity of his knee injury is undisclosed. Of the ends, Stephens has an edge over Sanford, Green and newly claimed Owusu. Schaefering is a survivor and could play end or tackle.

LB: (0 or 1) Quinton Spears v. Benjamin Jacobs. It’s possible the Browns would play short-handed at linebacker until Fujita is cleared to play in the fourth week.

DB: (1 or 2) Usama Young v. David Sims v. Tashaun Gipson v. Johnson Bademosi. Young might not even play against Chicago, which would mark his second consecutive year he failed to play in a preseason game because of injury. Sims has made a lot of plays and is a heavy favorite to make it. The question is whether the Browns make room to keep Young, too. Haden’s possible suspension could open an extra spot for four weeks.

Keep in mind that the final roster announced (hopefully) on Friday night is not the final final roster. There always is that post-cutdown batch of signings that reshape the last four or five spots.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=3951

Alright guys the 1st post is updated with the most current info...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."