1. RCF Will Be In Flux For a few. I'm going as fast as I can correcting issues. We should be good to go by Monday. Sorry you have to deal with this bland board until then.

2013 NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by JMcCurry08, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 Well-Known Member

Since we've been bombarding the week 2 thread with draft talk, thought we might as well start up the draft thread. Although i think it's too early to determine if we need a quarterback or not. I think heading into the draft right now, i think we should be looking at the guard positons. I think Pinkston and Luvavo (sorry if it's a spelling error) are some of the worst in the league at the position. They're relying on Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz too much. Here are the top guards right now according to NFLdraftscout.com

Chance Warmack, 6-2, 322 Alabama
    Barrett Jones, 6-4, 305, Alabama
    Jonathan Cooper, 6-3, 310, North Carolina
    Travis Frederick, 6-4, 338, Wisconsin
    Larry Warford, 6-3, 343, Kentucky

2. Phills14

Phills14 Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Staff Member

I don't agree with your assessment that Pinkston and Lauvao are terrible. I think finding a starting level guard in the 3rd round or so is the way to go if we need a guard in the off season rather that getting him in the top of the draft.

I think they still need a WR, they need more secondary help, they need linebackers, they need another pass rusher or 2. This is of course assuming they don't need a QB, which I don't think they will.

3. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

Thank you for making this. I was sick of all the Barkley talk in the game threads.

1 person likes this.
  4. NtG

NtG El CampeĆ³n

EJ Manuel.

I still have faith in Weed-man tho.

5. ohiorulez

ohiorulez New Member

If we are looking at QB's...
    Tyler Wilson.
    [video=youtube;q5-CieEqe-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5-CieEqe-Y[/video]
    Geno Smith is intriguing as well
    [video=youtube;qvrXu9Fsvpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrXu9Fsvpk[/video]

6. UncleDrew

UncleDrew Potential Legendary

Am I able to join in, even if not a Browns fan?

7. MalTalm

MalTalm Formerly known as Talm

Getting guard depth is good, but it takes an offensive line about 3 years to gel. My guess is the guards will be looking much better by the end of the season. The biggest holes for the Browns are (IMO) at LB, WR, S, CB and TE, in that order. It will be interesting to see what we have in JMJ, because that could change things a bit.

8. Soar

Soar Well-Known Member

CB has to be upgraded. We could also use a DE and LB. Even with Haden, Brown will need to be replaced.

9. AZ_

AZ_ Well-Known Member

CB needs to get healthy and off the restricted list.

2 people like this.
  10. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

Can't believe the amount of people blaming the 3rd, 4th, and 5th string corners for not defending one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

What we do need is a Trent Richardson style playmaker on defense and another WR.

1 person likes this.
  11. A Squared

A Squared Don't just stare at it..

Little and MoMass looked good today and Benjamin looks to have some explosiveness. I'm not sold nor am I giving up on Gordon but he has the body and speed of a good NFL receiver and made some nice catches in the preseason. I hope he pans out but if he hasn't improved by the end of the season then I wouldn't mind taking a WR in the 3rd.

12. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

Best defensive player available unless there's a WR right there that is absolutely studly.

5 people like this.
  13. Shakalu M.D.

Shakalu M.D. Its Happening!!!!

Pretty much this. Unless we are forced to go QB or there is a bonafide number 1 WR I want to bolster the defense. Someone like Aldon Smith or Von Miller. One of those elite defenders who completely changes the complexion of a defense. If you could find one of these guys at LB that would be huge, I'd also love if it is a DE who can play across from Sheard.

1 person likes this.
  14. cdt

We need a Patrick Willis or Haden-esque CB, ball hawking Safety. Or a fearsome pass rushing DE opposite Sheard. Whichever one screams 10x Pro Bowler take that guy.

2 people like this.
  15. cdt

God watching the 49ers defense is beautiful. If you can get 11 guys that tackle and play fearlessly you can dominate the most powerful of offenses. The Lions ball carriers look scared to take hits from the 49er D. They flinch like an abused house wife.

16. howler1313

howler1313 Preview Team

Ideally I'd like us to drop back, pick up a 2nd rounder, then pick the elite defensive playmaker (hopefully an edge rusher opposite Sheard). Seems like there are a fair number of good pass rushers entering the draft- I've got my eyes on Mingo & Montgomery from LSU, but there are a couple other quality options.

1 person likes this.
  17. MDLT

MDLT New Member

Wouldn't mind if we could get someone to prevent Richardson from getting tackled as soon as he gets the ball. That would be nice.

18. MJA1080

MJA1080 Well-Known Member

Someone like Patrick Willis, a leader on the defense, would do wonders for our defense. Strike fear into the opponent and constantly keep your own players energized and focused. Nobody gets in the face of our players when they blow tackles.

19. cdt

Clay Matthews dear god he would have been a legend for all eternity here. Mack is solid but sonofabitch.

2 people like this.
  20. jvlgato

jvlgato Active Member

I say thIs to myself every tIme I watch a Packer game. I watch a fair number of Packer games because my wife is a cheesehead and every game she has to hear me talk about that draft and how he should be a Brown and how his dad played for us and all.