• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Cleveland Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huber.

Adrninistrator
Reaction score
Didn't see a regular season thread.

Doesn't look good for Cameron if they are signing a TE to the active roster. Our guy Gary is going to need to step up.

I bet Tate will return after the bye week. For the next two weeks I'm more than okay with seeing more of West & Crowell.

The Cameron injury coupled with the Gordon suspension is a killer... our main "threats" in the passing game are now Miles Austin, Andrew Hawkins, Taylor Gabriel, Travis Benjamin, Jim Dray, and "the milkman" Gary Barnidge. On paper, that's laughable. Poor Brian Hoyer.

Not looking like the same old Browns. Pettine doesn't seem overwhelmed. The team is aggressive and doesn't quit. Hoyer is somewhere between adequate and clutch.

What a game. Loved seeing Rob Ryan throw a hissy fit on the sidelines that last drive.

Nice to see that we finally found two guys who are actually good running backs. I also like that they are both very different.
I also love the internal competition between these guys. They are busting their asses to one-up each other and the end result is productivity from both and success for the team.

Awesome to see.

3 games in here is what we know.

Offense: Much better than expected. Hoyer can play. The rookies can play (West, Crowell, Bitinio). The receivers can get the job done until Flash is back. Play calling has been solid, but also boneheaded at times. Running pitches that take us out of FG range. Trick plays that don't work. Need to stick w what works. North-South.

Defense: Much worse than expected. Only Dansby and Kruger have impressed. Corner has been a disaster. Both Haden and Gilbert look below average. Run defense gets gashed. Safety play seems solid. How about a pass rush?

Special teams: Flat out disaster. Offsides, bad snaps, missed kicks, blocked kicks, muffed punts, returners afraid to fair catch. It's bad. Someone needs to be accountable.

Manziel: Not a distraction. Good solider.

Pettine: Mixed bag. Stoic demeaner. Didn't have team ready to play week 1. Great win week 2. Outcoached in week 3. He's a rook, but the honeymoon won't last long if we are 1-3.

Overall: Some encouraging signs, but too many "Browns" plays. I know what "Play like a Brown" is and means mistakes and choking in big moments. How about play like a Patriot, Steeler, or Packer? Get it fixed Pettine.

Some good news from this season:

-1 of only 2 teams in the NFL with 2 Top 25 rushers
-Including Terrence West at #10
-Both Crowell & West are T9th in the NFL with 10 rushes for 1st downs.
-Among those Top 11 in 1st down rushes (3 way tie for 9th), Crowell & West rank #1 & #9, respectively, in 1st down %
-Crowell is T1 in the NFL in rushing TD (3), the same # as Foster, McCoy, and Le'Veon Bell combined
-Andrew Hawkins is 8th in the NFL in receptions (21). Ahead of the likes of Calvin Johnson & Dez Bryant
-Hawkins also ranks T6th in the NFL in 1st down receptions
-Brian Hoyer is 12th in the NFL in passing yards, ahead of Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady
-Browns are 1 of just 5 NFL teams with 3 different players who have scored more than 1 TD (Austin, Crowell, West)
-Browns are averaging 24.7 PPG, 10th in the NFL
-1 of 9 NFL teams with 3+ plays of 40+ yards
-10th in the league in rushing yards
-T1 in rushing TD
-T1 in 20+ yard runs
-11th in yards per catch
-12th in yards per game
-T10th in yards per play
-T3rd in TO differential
-Only NFL team that has yet to turn the ball over

Last edited:
Still having a really hard time swallowing that loss knowing this team is about to face Tennessee, Oakland, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay all within the span of five weeks.

Team could easily be 5-3 after week 9. We will really be able to measure Pettine and this team come then. If they're truly improved and a team close to contention, they'll have a winning record after a very winnable stretch.

Fuck that game.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."