• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 NBA Off Season Moves For Other Teams Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I saw someone suggested a thread for all trades in general (Walter White) I believe. So here you go, thread for other teams.

It'll be an active night I'm sure.

Put any trade rumors/free agency rumors in this thread. It'll help so we don't clutter the forum.

I'm still in the boat that major moves (i.e. Love being traded, Melo/Bosh/LeBron signing somewhere) deserve their own thread due to it being major, but this is a good idea since there is going to be a bunch of housekeeping going around the NBA tonight.

Moves made so far this offseason:

* Houston Rockets trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans for their unconditional 2015 first round draft pick.
* New York Knicks trade Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Wayne Ellington, and Shane Larkin.
* Orlando Magic trade Arron Afflalo to the Denver Nuggets for Evan Fournier and pick #56.

Yea, the big ones and the ones involving us deserve their own thread. But there will probably be 10 or more smaller trades tonight. Good place to keep track of them.

I'm still in the boat that major moves (i.e. Love being traded, Melo/Bosh/LeBron signing somewhere) deserve their own thread due to it being major, but this is a good idea since there is going to be a bunch of housekeeping going around the NBA tonight.

Moves made so far this offseason:

* Houston Rockets trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans for their unconditional 2015 first round draft pick.
* New York Knicks trade Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Wayne Ellington, and Shane Larkin.
* Orlando Magic trade Arron Afflalo to the Denver Nuggets for Evan Fournier and pick #56.

I actually like the move for the Pelicans. Good C to put next to AD. Now they just need a legitimate SF, and they should be pretty good.

Kyle Lowry to the Heat via trade.

I know Lowry is a big name now after having a career year, but does gaining Lowry, along with losing Cole/Bosh really make them that much better? Do they plan on playing LeBron at center?

I hope Lebron stays now. Miami wasting money on Lowry isnt gonna make them better. I wanna see the Cavs beat them and make Lebron regret not coming back.

I know Lowry is a big name now after having a career year, but does gaining Lowry, along with losing Cole/Bosh really make them that much better? Do they plan on playing LeBron at center?

The source is Ric Bucher. No one else has even come close to mentioning this. It's all BS.

The source is Ric Bucher. No one else has even come close to mentioning this. It's all BS.

:chuckles: Okay, for argument's sake, if this were to happen, does it really make Miami that much better? As in putting them ahead of San Antonio? I don't see it. I see everybody going crazy if it happens thinking its going to solve all of their problems.

Losing Bosh is gonna hurt.... A lot

Looks like Lebron is running the show in Miami by the Butcher

Losing Bosh is gonna hurt.... A lot

If Bosh hears that James would stay in MIA, Bosh would not opt-out to play elsewhere. That entire BR article makes no sense.

If Bosh hears that James would stay in MIA, Bosh would not opt-out to play elsewhere. That entire BR article makes no sense.

yeah, more likely Wade opts out and takes a cut, fitting Lowry in.

I am so surprised......

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My deepest and sincere apologies. My report on Lowry and a S&amp;T between the Raptors-Heat is wrong. I should've known better. I could not...</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/482673707203428353">June 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...be more embarrassed. I can't explain why someone would go the lengths &quot;my source&quot; did to set me up, but that's irrelevant. I allowed...</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/482675017243979776">June 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>my zeal to break a story take too much for granted. I'd like to think I'm better than that. Yesterday and today I was not.</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/482675402607824897">June 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."