• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Series #40 -|- Indians @ Twins -|- August 19th, 20th, and 21st

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
2014 Series #40

pMLB2-1338345dt.jpg
pMLB2-2782472dt.jpg

Cleveland Indians (62-61) vs. Minnesota Twins (55-67)

Season Standings
Corey (35-26); .574
Stark (27-35); .435

Live from Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota

travel_MNtwins_576.jpg

Pitching Matchups

Game #1 -- August 19th, 2014 at 8:10 PM
9122.png
8864.png

Trevor Bauer (4-7); 4.35 ERA; 101 K vs. Kyle Gibson (11-9); 3.96 ERA; 74 K

Game #2 -- August 20th, 2014 at 8:10 PM
9443.png
7720.png

T.J. House (1-3); 4.13 ERA; 44 K vs. Ricky Nolasco (5-8); 5.99 ERA; 75 K

Game #3 -- August 21st, 2014 at 1:10 PM
9048.png
7913.png

Corey Kluber (13-6); 2.41 ERA; 197 K vs. Phil Hughes (13-8); 3.76 ERA; 140 K

Projected Lineups
-| Please note lineups are a projection done at the beginning of the series and may not be entirely accurate for all games -|

Cleveland

Bourn - Ramirez - Brantley - Santana - Kipnis - Gomes - Chisenhall - Walters - Dickerson

Minnesota

Santana - Dozier - Mauer - Vargas - Arcia - Plouffe - Suzuki - Parmelee - Schafer

[video=youtube;5Al8lSRlsTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Al8lSRlsTE[/video]

Need a sweep...and I'm serious.

39 games left. Need around 88 wins to get a wildcard. So 26-13...yea I agree we need a sweep.

39 games left. Need around 88 wins to get a wildcard. So 26-13...yea I agree we need a sweep.

Fun fact - if the Indians won every remaining series they'd finish with 88 wins.

Looked at the schedule a week ago and thought 84 or 85 wins seemed likely if we play decent down the stretch. Not a ton of games left though so all it takes is one hot streak to change the course.

our problem this year has been playing well against our division besides detroit, we got better against detroit but have struggled way too much against minnesota and the White Sox.

So Trevor Bauer got lit up in the first. Tribe down 5-1 already. He was pretty consistent up until his last 4 starts, wonder if teams are making an adjustment to him or something.

Chisenhall now hitting .165 with a .506 OPS since the All-Star break. Looks like the bubble popped for Lonnie. Zach Walters is on the old Lonnie track, gett DHed until he settles in against bigleague pitching. Wonder if it ends up being Walters or Urshela who starts taking some innings at 3B.

Oh, and Tribe has clawed back to make it 5-3 in favor of the Twins, for those who have Internet access to nothing but this board.

Wow. Huge comeback. They gotta finish this off though. Could be one of those spark wins.

Man Bauer can be so good if he can figure out what his 1st inning struggles are, especially with them letting him go over 100+ pitches often.

Awesome perseverance on display tonight.

Chisenhall now hitting .165 with a .506 OPS since the All-Star break. Looks like the bubble popped for Lonnie. Zach Walters is on the old Lonnie track, gett DHed until he settles in against bigleague pitching. Wonder if it ends up being Walters or Urshela who starts taking some innings at 3B.

Oh, and Tribe has clawed back to make it 5-3 in favor of the Twins, for those who have Internet access to nothing but this board.

I really doubt either of those guys are going to start taking PT away from Chisenhall

I really doubt either of those guys are going to start taking PT away from Chisenhall

Why not, though? With Pedro Alvarez going to 1B, Chisenhall is now the worst regular defensive 3B according to UZR. He is 2nd in errors. You could overlook the defense when he was raking but he has been flatout terrible for the last 6 weeks. The first three months of the season are looking like the career outlier here, just saying. I just don't see someone who should be consdiered entrenched. I think people are well underestimating Urshela, who has been a question mark with the bat until now. Jhonny Peralta got similar short shrift too, even after he was IL MVP in 2004. I know the org has a much brighter view of him, thus the way they have been aggressive promoting him through the system. He is only a few months older than Ramirez.

This is really Lonnie's first season as an (almost) full-time player. I don't think Lonnie loses ABs, but I wouldn't mind seeing him DH with Walters/Aviles playing some 3B to get Chis a little bit of a break every couple of days.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."