• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Series #45 -|- Indians vs. White Sox -|- Sept. 5th, 6th, and 7th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
2014 Series #45
lgo_mlb_cleveland_indians
Logos-WhiteSox_display_image.jpg

Cleveland Indians (71-67) vs. Chicago White Sox (63-76)

Live from Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio

628x471.jpg

Pitching Matchups

Game #1 -- September 5th, 2014 at 7:05 PM
9443.png
8780.png

T.J. House (2-3); 3.92 ERA; 58 K vs. Chris Sale (11-3); 2.11 ERA; 178 K

Game #2 -- September 6th, 2014 at 7:05 PM
9048.png
9176.png

Corey Kluber (13-9); 2.58 ERA; 215 K vs. Jose Quintana (7-10); 3.44 ERA; 145 K

Game #3 -- September 7th, 2014 at 1:05 PM

8185.png
i

Carlos Carrasco (6-4); 2.94 ERA; 96 K vs. Hector Noesi (8-9); 4.70 ERA; 110 K

Projected Lineups
-| Please note lineups are a projection done at the beginning of the series and may not be entirely accurate for all games -|

Cleveland

Bourn - Ramirez - Brantley - Santana - Kipnis - Gomes - Chisenhall - Walters - Holt

Chicago

Eaton - Ramirez - Abreu - Garcia - Gillapsie - Viciedo - Konerko - Flowers - Semien

So the Tribe tied 1-1 going into the 7th. TJ House is going toe to toe with Chris Sale. Which is nice, I guess.

I missed Murphy. Good win, Kluber on the mound tomorrow looking to rebound...lets get this weekend sweep!

Thank God for Murphy. Kipnis' AB before Murph was one of the worst of the season....

Just got back from the game. House pitched his ass off. The Tribes hitters though, they are just brutal to watch. Sat there for almost 9 innings and the crowd was dead. We had nothing to cheer for. Then Yon hit that triple and the place went nuts. Then went crazy again when Murph walked it off. They had fireworks after the game. The Indians also helped a guy propose just before the fireworks started, that was pretty cool to see.
And thank God for dollar dog night...........(I only had 5)

I know the Tribe hitters probably looked bad, but they were facing a guy who has arguably been the best pitcher in the AL this year. With a handful of rookies. As for the proposal that is the only time the Tribe allows them at the ballpark is during fireworks. Good move, too, makes it harder to start 'Tell Him No' chants once the game has ended.

As for the proposal that is the only time the Tribe allows them at the ballpark is during fireworks.
Is this a new thing? Because I swear I've seen a proposal up on the scoreboard during a game before...

Giants up 4 to 0 early against Detroit...tonights game is a big one to have

Detroit isn't the 2nd wild card team right now, by the way. Seattle is, and they've won 4 straight, and are +103 on the year. Great pitching staff and Cano has obviously helped the offense.

Detroit isn't the 2nd wild card team right now, by the way. Seattle is, and they've won 4 straight, and are +103 on the year. Great pitching staff and Cano has obviously helped the offense.
Seattle also has the toughest remaining schedule of all the WC teams. If all these teams beat up on each other, the Tribe has a legitimate shot.

There we go. We finally took the lead in this game that apparently no one is following.

Also, the Tribe is on pace to have a 100 RBI guy in Michael Brantley.

Kluber is also back in ace form again, pitching a complete game masterpiece...no earned runs, 5 hits, 8 strikeouts, and 22 of his 27 outs were on three pitches or less.

Jose Ramirez has been huge

The kid is 21-years old, a career .306 hitter in the minors, a plus middle infield defender, and now hitting .292 since his call up (.328 over the last 16 games) but apparently nobody but me views him as an everyday player..... I'll keep banging the drum, though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."