• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015-2016 Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MGMT

All-Star
Reaction score
Season is creeping up; thought I'd post this. I know from a mainstream media standpoint, there certainly doesn't seem to be lofty expectations. I'm actually excited to see this young talent take the court this season.

I'm also super excited to not see Amir Williams ever step on the floor again.

Enter Mickey Mitchell.

Bucks scrimmage on BTN now. High-ceiling low-floor team imo.

I'll be thrilled if they make the tournament this year. Clearly in a rebuilding phase at the moment with all the young guys.

Enter Mickey Mitchell...

Yeah...

Yes, as all of you have been saying. This is definitely rebuilding phase for Matta. Get a well-rounded team in here. Get some big bodies coming in in the next couple years. Not overly recruiting high profile guys so they are one & dones (Russell).

What I am looking forward to is to see where 2 high profile guys commit. Unless you are a group of guys that play together for 3 or more years (which this team could be in the next couple years), you need at least 1 stud.

Gary Trent Jr - 9th in ESPN60 top players in country, class of 2017. Has some CBus connections and has a somewhat close relationship with Asst. Coach Boals. He said OSU, Kentucky, Duke & Arizona are the teams recruiting him the most. Ohio State was an early team recruiting him, then he blew up and now everyone is. Has said before he wants to have a "duo" recruitment with Wendell Carter, who is pretty much a lock to go to Duke. Matta texts him once a week, says the relationship is growing. It is definitely between Duke & OSU.

Kobi Simmons - 18th ESPN100, 5* 3rd ranked combo guard. I believe he was born or grew up a little in Cbus. Considering OSU, UNLV & Kentucky. OSU has been pushing hard. On his trip to Cbus, he went to football game. Players Matta had there with him? D'Angelo Russell, Evan Turner, Michael Redd, Michael Conley & Norris Cole :chuckle: He loves what OSU does for guards transitioning to the NBA. Weird thing is though, we are full. No more scholarships to hand out. Word going around that Potter, who JUST committed, may push back to 2017. May have a transfer or maybe someone leaving early(I don't know who that could be. Don't see anyone on the roster good enough for that, as of now). But I am sure, if Matta is talking to Simmons, and he says he wants OSU, they will find a way. He was going to commit, but pushed back to the Spring (maybe that is why? Giving OSU time to see what shakes out?) Looking like OSU, but will probably go Kentucky if a spot doesn't open up.

I really want Simmons, so I hope somehow a spot opens up. If we land these 2, or even 1. That would be amazing, especially for this young team.

We may have to go through a season of growing this year. But in a year or 2, things are looking bright for the Buckeyes.

I think the ship has sailed on Simmons. If he really wanted to be a Buckeye, he would have committed now and let the staff manage the roster later. He'll probably end up at a school nobody is discussing right now. Just the way it tends to go.

As for Trent, he's going to end up at Duke. I'd put big money on that one.

I don't know. Having Simmons push back the commitment can either mean he is exploring other schools, or waiting for OSU. So, I guess we will see how quiet he remains.

Might honestly be more exciting following the women's team the next few years. They just picked up NLIs from two five star prospects in the class of 2016 and may get another on Monday.

The present doesn't look so bad either, with the team being ranked in the top 10 and Kelsey Mitchell being one of the very best players in the country. They tip off tonight against #2 South Carolina. Also play UConn, Notre Dame and Maryland this season, all 2015 Final Four participants.

The 24-hour college basketball marathon starts tonight on ESPN2 and ESPNU.

So, what's the deal with Mickey Mitchell?

Also, in just 2 games, Giddens > Amir

No clue. They never announced it at all. My only guess is that he is academically ineligible.

He can practice but just can't play in games. Hopefully he is cleared soon. Want to see this guy in action.

Bucks with the upset over UK! Anybody still watch? Hopefully AJ Harris and Thompson get more playing time.

So...this team is weird :chuckle:

Was watching Star Wars while this was happening, will have to catch a replay.

Probably an overreaction to think they can get it turned around after a win like that right?

Best part about Grandstaff transferring? It opens up a scholarship spot! And who do we need with that......

Kobi Simmons! The 2 main schools were us and UK. He watched the game and retweeted a bunch of stuff about it and a bunch of OSU people telling him to come.

Hopefully he sees how young our team is and it's only going to get better. Lyle & Harris aren't going to keep playing shitty. They will end up finding their shots.

Plus, Mickey Mitchell just got cleared to play.

This year will still have its ups & downs, but the future is bright for our young team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."