• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Browns Mock Draft Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoFlo

Hall-of-Famer
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
Official Draft Order for the non-playoff team:

1) Tampa Bay
2) Tennessee
3) Jacksonville
4) Oakland
5) Washington
6) Jets
7) Chicago
8) Atlanta
9) Giants
10) St. Louis
11) Minnesota
12) Cleveland
13) New Orleans
14) Miami
15) San Fran
16) Houston
17) Kansas City
18) San Diego
19) Cleveland (From Buffalo)
20) Philadelphia

*Note: These mock drafts don't take the above order into account yet, will update accordingly*

Walterfootball: (Updated 12/24)
13.) Cleveland Browns: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
Louisville_logo.gif

The Browns almost have to draft a receiver with one of their many early picks, don't they? Having Miles Austin start for a second year just can't happen.

17.) Cleveland Browns: Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
Clemson_logo.gif

The top available players don't really fit Cleveland's needs, so I'll give the Browns a pass-rusher. Jabaal Sheard is an impending free agent, and Paul Kruger is the only player who consistently gets to the quarterback.

46.) Cleveland Browns: Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
Washington_logo.gif

Ahtyba Rubin is an impending free agent this March. Here's a replacement if the Browns can't retain him. The Browns made Jeremy Hill look like the second coming of Walter Payton, so Danny Shelton could definitely help.

77.) Cleveland Browns: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina
SouthCarolina_logo.gif

The Browns were thinking about finding an upgrade over right tackle Mitchell Schwartz this offseason, and they would've considered Greg Robinson if he fell to them.

CBS Sports (Brugler - updated 12/28):
14.)
Cleveland Browns
Dante Fowler Jr., OLB, Florida: The Browns have invested early-round picks in pass rushers in recent years, but haven't been able to consistently put pressure on the opposing backfield. With Jabaal Sheard set to hit free agency and Barkevious Mingo struggling to establish himself as a reliable rush threat, the need is there for Cleveland to address the position again and Fowler is a great fit with his relentless energy off the edge.

17.) Cleveland Browns
Malcom Brown, DT, Texas: The Cleveland run defense has been a glaring weakness all season, and a big reason for that is the lack of depth in the trenches. Brown is a versatile player who wins with quickness and power and can line up anywhere on Cleveland's three-man front.

CBS Sports (Rang - updated 12/23):
14.) Cleveland Browns

DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville: The Browns' defense and running game have been good enough to make them competitive but the lack of a top-flight receiver limits the team's upside. The club is hopeful, of course, that Josh Gordon will re-emerge as a superstar but cannot rely on him. Parker missed the first seven games of the year with a broken fifth toe in his left foot, but the 6-3, 209 pounder has starred since, demonstrating the fluidity and ballskills to project as a No. 1 target.

17.) Cleveland Browns
Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford: As the only team with two first round picks, the Browns have a lot of flexibility, including potentially making a good offensive line one of the league's elite. A star left tackle for the Cardinal, Peat is blessed with remarkable balance and agility for a man of his 6-7, 315-pound dimensions. He would provide an upgrade over Mitchell Schwartz at right tackle and could be groomed to eventually take over for All-Pro Joe Thomas.

SI.com (Updated 11/6):
15.) Cleveland Browns
Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan

The prospect of Gordon on one side, Funchess on the other and Andrew Hawkins slicing through the slot should excite Browns fans. Funchess' background as a tight end-turned-receiver also would aid Cleveland's options should Jordan Cameron's concussion issues linger. Funchess (6-5, 230) keeps progressing as a WR and has produced despite Michigan's miserable QB situation.

18.) Cleveland Browns
Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

Right tackle Mitchell Schwartz remains the weak link on Cleveland's line -- at least when C Alex Mack is healthy. The 2014 selection of Joel Bitonio was an absolute gem for Cleveland. Bringing in the tantalizing talents of an athletic 6-7 tackle like Peat would help erase any lingering headaches.

BleacherReport (Matt Miller - updated 12/12)
14.) Cleveland Browns

WR DeVante Parker, Louisville

17.) Cleveland Browns
DT Danny Shelton, Washington

Last edited:
The Browns are cemented into picks 12 and 19.

Alpha Football Expert:

12: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
19: Shawn Oakman, DL, Baylor

Walter Football Overreaction:

12: Dante Fowler, OLB/DE, Florida
28 (trade with Dallas): Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

For the record, Austin Miles came through for the Browns with some BIG-TIME catches, and for the article to dismiss him as some mediocre WR is ridiculous.

I would love to have him back.

I don't get the hype about Vic Beasley. The guy may be a sack machine but he only had 28 tackles this season. Seems too one dimensional to be worth a 1st round pick/

For the record, Austin Miles came through for the Browns with some BIG-TIME catches, and for the article to dismiss him as some mediocre WR is ridiculous.

I would love to have him back.

Walter Football has been trotting out that same line since October. (not that I've been checking mocks since October)

I'm a big Andrus Peat fan but I don't believe we should go for a RT in the first round. There are other holes to fill.

Why does everyone forget that we have Michael Bowie...

Why does everyone forget that we have Michael Bowie...

I'm not sure anyone is forgetting that. I think that most just don't see a cut guy making that much of a difference.

NOW, I will say that the circumstances surrounding Bowie's release are convoluted. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of Browns fans haven't done the homework to see that Tom Cable didn't want Bowie gone at all. He indicated this in the article:

“Typically when you waive someone injured, they kind of get through [waivers] and you’re going to get them back, fix them and move on. Cleveland chose to take him, and whether you agree with it or not, I guess that’s business,” Cable said. “It’s kind of an unwritten rule — you just leave each other’s injured players alone and they didn’t.”

If the Browns indeed violated an unwritten rule, they weren’t alone. The Saints, Cowboys, and Patriots made waivers claims for Bowie, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/14/cable-says-seahawks-had-hoped-to-keep-michael-bowie/

So, yeah, Michael Bowie can come back and be a real good addition to the Browns' line. As long as he's healthy and not terribly overweight. I guess we'll see how the Browns feel about him come the draft.

On Topic:

http://fansided.com/2014/12/29/2015-nfl-mock-draft-latest-picks-projections-entering-playoffs/13/

12: Davante Parker, WR, Louisville
19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/12/2015-nfl-mock-draft-edition-1-0.html

19: Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2015/

12: Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington
19: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

http://fueledbysports.com/nathans-mock-draft/

19: Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State

Last edited:
b00bie 4-round mock (12/30):

1 - 12 - Danny Shelton - NT - Washington
1 - 19 - Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Oklahoma
2 - Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA
3 - Jordan Jenkins - OLB - Georgia
4 - Roberto Aguayo - K - Florida State
4 (from BUF) - Trey Flowers - DE - Arkansas

DGB is so damn talented. Perhaps, even more than Gordon. My question about it would be, do you really think the Browns would take a risk like DGB in the 1st round after last year?

I like the Hundley pick because its made with a lot of knowledge that he has work to do and adjustments that need to be made.

DGB is so damn talented. Perhaps, even more than Gordon. My question about it would be, do you really think the Browns would take a risk like DGB in the 1st round after last year?

I like the Hundley pick because its made with a lot of knowledge that he has work to do and adjustments that need to be made.

The background has got to check out, putting their enhanced focus (or so Pettine said) on character to the test.

But honestly, this is one of the more impressive films I've ever seen:

The opportunity to pair him with Gordon, while quicker guys like Gabriel, Benjamin and Hawkins dominate mismatches in the slot is INCREDIBLY tempting.

Most of this board would have creamed their jeans to get Hundley had he entered the draft last year. Now a 2nd rounder for him is meh.

Don't think Petty will last until the 2nd round Boobs?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."