• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Game #1 -|- #1 Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech -|- September 7th, 2015 @ 8:00 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
paybacktime.jpg

2015 Season Game #1

$(KGrHqZ,!jYE5,i+d)s-BOf2ws,UTg~~60_35.JPG
41Ubcx1aROL._SY300_.jpg

#1 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) vs. Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0)

Ohio State HC: Urban Meyer (142-26)
Virginia Tech HC: Frank Beamer (231-115-2)

Monday, September 7th, 2015 @ 8:00 PM EST on ESPN
Live from Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, Virginia
bc2f40aef1b0d3a675ceb56a23fc32da.jpg

Key Positional Matchups

Ezekiel Elliot - Ohio State RB
hi-res-0ea1a668ef84755d33475157fea88e8d_crop_north.jpg

J.C. Coleman - Virginia Tech RB
J+C+Coleman+Russell+Athletic+Bowl+Rutgers+B7HcWmmVGeAl.jpg

Adolphus Washington - Ohio State DT
121103_0174.jpg

Corey Marshall - Virginia Tech DT
3208025.jpg

SCORE PREDICTION: Ohio State 38 Virginia Tech 17

Last edited:
Oh shit, individual game threads this season?

I like..

Oh shit, individual game threads this season?

I like..

Going to at least try for big games and Big 10 games.

I might slouch a bit, or just make one big thread for Hawaii, N Illinois, and W Michigan.

Going to at least try for big games and Big 10 games.

I might slouch a bit, or just make one big thread for Hawaii, N Illinois, and W Michigan.
NIU might be worthy of its own thread. They did win 11 games last year. Not sure how much of that is returning for this season though.

NIU might be worthy of its own thread. They did win 11 games last year. Not sure how much of that is returning for this season though.

Yeah, I'll probably just end up making a thread for each game. Probably just won't be as glamorous because I don't know much about those three schools.

The wait has been incredibly long but it's finally gameday fellas!! Questions for today...
Will Cardale see any playing time?

Who steps up as the 2# wr? Paris? Jhonny Dixion? Braxton?

Who kicks? The transfer from Duke is said to have had an impressive camp.

Who steps in for Bosa? This could be a chance for a young stud to make a name for himself tonight.

Cardale: Yes, he gets snaps when the game is out of reach (it will be out of reach)

Johnnie Dixon sees the most time at the Z spot.

The transfer kicks off, Neuremburger gets the field goal attempts

Sam Hubbard steps in for Bosa and shows us what the future looks like. The future is bright.

So was JT Barrett officially named the starter? I'm definitely expecting it because he was named captain but haven't seen a link. Although I secretly hope Cardale gets the nod but understand both ways.

So was JT Barrett officially named the starter? I'm definitely expecting it because he was named captain but haven't seen a link. Although I secretly hope Cardale gets the nod but understand both ways.
Not officially. Joe Schad actually just said on ESPN that he thinks Cardale will start which is surprising since most in the media say JT. Nobody officially will know until the first offensive possession. I would be shocked if it was Cardale.

Not officially. Joe Schad actually just said on ESPN that he thinks Cardale will start which is surprising since most in the media say JT. Nobody officially will know until the first offensive possession. I would be shocked if it was Cardale.
Thanks man!

Honestly, it's an amazing dilemma to have. Both quarterbacks are probably good enough to get us to the playoffs. I happen to prefer how Cardale's arm lets us use the deep ball to spread the field but that is all personal preference. It's pretty clear JT is the team's big leader and he is probably a little smarter on the run.

When you win 3 big championship games in a row, I can't see how anyone would think that QB would only get garbage time.

Absolutely ludicrous AZ.

Three big championships in a row, single handed.

Crazy! It's almost as though Meyer believes that the QB really is a byproduct of the team around him, as he's repeated dozens of times.

Three big championships in a row, single handed.

Crazy! It's almost as though Meyer believes that the QB really is a byproduct of the team around him, as he's repeated dozens of times.
I actually think the biggest reason anyone should want JT over Cardale has to do with the latter's biggest strength: his arm. JT doesn't have a bad arm but Cardale has a canon and likes to use it. It was great last season because Devin Smith, who was arguably the best deep route receiver in college football last year. He's gone now and that makes Cardale's biggest strength less important. That's compared with JT's ability to run and make elite reads and it is easy to prefer Barrett. This is also why I would understand if Meyer goes JT.

Honestly, though, I think if we have any receivers who can run straight down field at a fast pace, Cardale spreads the field in a way JT can't. Cardale is the dream NFL prospect. JT probably will be able to play QB in the NFL, but is the dream prospect for Urban's offense. Additionally, if both QBs play perfectly, Cardale is probably harder for a college defense to defend because of how he spreads the field and how physical he is. Thus, the question in my mind, is can Urban's system be tweaked to the point where it retains its uniqueness as a system but allows for Cardale's strengths; and in essence, functions better than it does under JT. And, I think regardless of who starts, this is how we'll see the two quarterback system divided.

Go Bucks!

P.S., sorry about the grammar. I wrote this hastily during my lunch break.

There's some real smoke amongst the Buckeye insiders that Cardale will be starting tonight-- Buckeye coaches will re-evaluate the position on a game-by-game basis. We'll see in about 3 hours if they're right or not. I have no clue if these sources are credible or not but thought I'd pass it along anyways.

Personally, Cardale is the guy I'd go with but I'm admittedly a total sucker for a vertical offense and I'm still salty about how dirty the Browns did Derek Anderson....

Last edited:
Latest rumors have Cardale getting the start tonight.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."