• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Game #3 -|- #1 Ohio State vs. Northern Illinois -|- September 19th, 2015 @ 3:30 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
2015 Season Game #3

$(KGrHqZ,!jYE5,i+d)s-BOf2ws,UTg~~60_35.JPG
huskies-logo.jpg
#1 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) vs. Northern Illinois Huskies (2-0)
Ohio State HC: Urban Meyer (144-26)
Northern Illinois HC: Rod Carey (25-6)

Saturday, September 19th, 2015 @ 3:30 PM EST on ABC/ESPN2
Live from Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio

stadium-day-800x325.jpg

Key Positional Matchups
Cardale Jones/JT Barrett - Ohio State QBs
image.jpg

Drew Hare - Northern Illinois QB
650x366

Joshua Perry - Ohio State LB
060414-CFB-Ohio-State-Joshua-Perry-PI-CH.vresize.1200.675.high.16.jpg

Boomer Mays - Northern Illinois LB
mayes-boomer.jpg

SCORE PREDICTION: Ohio State 56 Northern Illinois 14

Cardale needs to step up and solidify his starting position in this game.

How is NIU? Are they absolute shit or does our guys playing well mean something?

How is NIU? Are they absolute shit or does our guys playing well mean something?

Their QB is one of the best in the MAC and they have a few good receivers. That's why I have them getting two scores on us, even though I was maybe a bit generous. No clue about their defense or running game.

NIU has been a very solid program since Michael "The Burner" Turner went there (and lost to Urban's BG team in 2003).

Both Jerry Kill (Minnesota) and Dave Doeren (NC St) used NIU as a stepping stone to a bigger gig. The current coach is off to a good start, but they had Jordan Lynch, one of the best dual threat college QBs the last 2 years. He's gone to the NFL, so hard to say how good they'll be this year. Made the Sugar Boowl against an EJ Manuel led FSU team a few years ago, and made a decent showing.

Given their recent history, they are more than capable of beating a middling Power 5 team and scaring a very good Power 5 team. Shouldn't be good enough to hang with OSU if OSU is clicking.

NIU has been a very solid program since Michael "The Burner" Turner went there (and lost to Urban's BG team in 2003).

Both Jerry Kill (Minnesota) and Dave Doeren (NC St) used NIU as a stepping stone to a bigger gig. The current coach is off to a good start, but they had Jordan Lynch, one of the best dual threat college QBs the last 2 years. He's gone to the NFL, so hard to say how good they'll be this year. Made the Sugar Boowl against an EJ Manuel led FSU team a few years ago, and made a decent showing.

Given their recent history, they are more than capable of beating a middling Power 5 team and scaring a very good Power 5 team. Shouldn't be good enough to hang with OSU if OSU is clicking.

I hate to play "stat boy", but it was actually the Orange Bowl they played FSU in, and Lynch graduated after the 2013 season. Hare was the starter there last year too and had 18 TDs to 2 INT, and 900 yards rushing. Basically, he was Jordan Lynch lite. You're right on everything else though.

Hard to say how good they are this year, with an 8 point win over UNLV and blow out over Murray State, but I assume they're about the same as usual. Top tier MAC team, but not as dangerous as they were with Lynch in 2012 and 2013.

I hate to play "stat boy", but it was actually the Orange Bowl they played FSU in, and Lynch graduated after the 2013 season. Hare was the starter there last year too and had 18 TDs to 2 INT, and 900 yards rushing. Basically, he was Jordan Lynch lite. You're right on everything else though.

Hard to say how good they are this year, with an 8 point win over UNLV and blow out over Murray State, but I assume they're about the same as usual. Top tier MAC team, but not as dangerous as they were with Lynch in 2012 and 2013.
Sad thing is I actually looked up some of my info, and was still wrong.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."