• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Game #8 -|- #1 Ohio State @ Rutgers -|- October 24th, 2015 @ 8 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
225px-big_ten_conference_logo.png

2015 Season Game #8

$(KGrHqZ,!jYE5,i+d)s-BOf2ws,UTg~~60_35.JPG
header.jpg

#1 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-3)
Ohio State HC: Urban Meyer (149-26)

Rutgers HC: Kyle Flood (26-17)

Saturday, October 24th, 2015 @ 8:00 PM EST on ABC
Live from High Points Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey

rutu-stadium-1.jpg

Key Positional Matchups

Michael Thomas - Ohio State WR

thomas700.jpg

Leonte Carroo - Rutgers WR
-3f6f1b217f7eafcd.JPG

Joey Bosa - Ohio State DE

bosa-shrug.jpg

Darius Hamilton - Rutgers DT

121414tara.jpg

SCORE PREDICTION: Ohio State 49 Rutgers 17

JT Barrett starting at QB

The Urban has answered our prayers.

And now we shall feast.

It was all a ploy...Urban needed them to get close game experience before the playoff run...it was all a ploy...tinfoil hat on

The right move to make. I'm glad that Urban had the stones to do it. Better late than never.

The team as a whole just looks different with JT in there. More energized on both sides of the ball. I think this game is going to be an absolute rout, as we've grown accustomed to over the years.

Great decision. I won't be surprised if we see Cardale one or two more times this year in important situations; but as a general rule, I think JT starts and wins for us the rest of the year.

I mean, the whole thing makes sense now...

Giving Cardale the starting job was the right thing to do after JT was out all spring and summer still rehabbing his injury, and gave Cardale the opportunity to build off the finish of last season. Meanwhile, JT is forced to earn his job back rather than it being handed to him, and allowed him some time to shake the rust off (which earlier in the year it was obvious there was some).

Now, 7 weeks in, it's obvious that Cardale isn't the better quarterback between the two with JT looking 100% healthy. The offense just suits JT better. Cardale looked good in those 3 games last year because Zeke was running for 200+ every game which allowed the field to open up for Devin Smith deep balls and guys like Spencer, Marshall, Corey Smith, and Heuerman/Vannett to get free underneath.

I'll be disappointed if Rutgers isn't the first team we drop 50+ on. They gave up 52 to Indiana in 3 quarters. It'll be interesting though how much they throw the ball. In the 34 plays that JT played against Penn State I believe only 4 were pass plays. It would be nice to see them open it up a little more... and I would like to see them get some carries out of the read option to Braxton and Samuel. I love Zeke, but they have some many weapons that running him 25-30 times a game just isn't necessary.

I dont know how much we need to throw the ball with JT. I am sure we will throw more, but expect a lot more bubble screen, quick slants, and getting guys in space. This is the type of game that suits JT the best.

I think Jones is still a good QB, but we dont have the TE, or deep threat receivers for it to work.

Mike Thomas with a nice forced fumble

Cardale needs to hold onto that ball right there

I'd be surprised to see us punt tonight.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."