• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Season Thread For Teams Not Named The Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
As requested by Chris.

Did the Detroit Tigers just become the New York Yankees over the past 3 years and I didn't even notice until now? Like, what the fuck? :chuckle: They have Price and Cespedes now (I remember the Price acquisition now that I think about it)? Not to mention I knew they had Kinsler too.

They are seriously one of those teams that just annoyingly finds ways to stack talent and huge payroll and yet still doesn't have a World Series to show for it. This year the hot picks are the Mariners and Nats, and I can pretty much guarantee neither will see the World Series.

How bout them Astros! Valbuena, Sipp, some solid players!

Adrian Gonzalez with three home runs tonight, five on the season. What a start.

Scott Kazmir, whom the Indians didn't need, had 10 Ks in his debut for the As.

Scott Kazmir, whom the Indians didn't need, had 10 Ks in his debut for the As.

And last year we got more WAR from TJ House in 1/2 the starts, at a younger age, and 1/14th the price. But hey, CHEAP DOLANZ!!!

And last year we got more WAR from TJ House in 1/2 the starts, at a younger age, and 1/14th the price. But hey, CHEAP DOLANZ!!!

OK, and what were those savings translated into? And how much did House contribute in the 1st half, when the season was essentially lost? Also, since when is a 1.1 WAR more than 3.2?

OK, and what were those savings translated into? And how much did House contribute in the 1st half, when the season was essentially lost? Also, since when is a 1.1 WAR more than 3.2?

Being a rookie with 0 experience as a negative as to why he didn't contribute in the 1st half is a little short sighted...especially knowing how much Francona values experience coming out of spring training, and how they were still in the hunt for a playoff spot over the majority of his innings the 2nd half. And those savings have translated into them being able to extend young guys, which is more important that signing a 30 year old with a lot of injury problems in his past after 1 good season for 20 million dollars.

And there is more than 1 source for WAR, as it is still an inexact science. BRef is the first statistical source that pops up when you search players. bWAR has House at 2, Kazmir at 1.7.

I mean, I might not take Kazmir over House, but I'd definitely take him over McAllister.

They paid Myers 7-8 mill two years ago, so it's not as if Kazmir was that out of range

I mean, I might not take Kazmir over House, but I'd definitely take him over McAllister.

They paid Myers 7-8 mill two years ago, so it's not as if Kazmir was that out of range

Big difference between 7 million for 1 year and 20 million guaranteed for 2 years, especially for a small market, small budget team like the Indians.

I just find it interesting that anyone can complain about our starting pitching staff right now. Really set up well for a while right now.

Big difference between 7 million for 1 year and 20 million guaranteed for 2 years, especially for a small market, small budget team like the Indians.

I just find it interesting that anyone can complain about our starting pitching staff right now. Really set up well for a while right now.
I personally wasn't complaining about the pitching staff. Just stating that I'd rather have Kazmir than McAllister, as would most I assume. I know why they didn't give him the 20 million over 2 years, there was substantial risk. If they could do it over again, I think they would. They were willing to give Ubaldo $14 million for one year in 2014, they could have given Kazmir the money if they were confident in his ability to repeat his success. I don't blame them, it was a tough decision.

Matt Harvey's return: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 9 K, 1 BB (91 pitches)

041015_gIf_simmonsplay_med_res_fix_ic39gz7w.gif

Just going to leave the play of the year in here...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."