• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Tank Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's time.

It's time we all step back and recognize what is happening here...

stages-of-grief.gif

...we are dealing with another season that very quickly digressed into a tank. It's okay that we all felt moments our expectations were elevated. We will always have a few preseason wins against other bad teams. But, make no mistake... its tanking time. Accept it. I understand some fans are at various stages in this acceptance.

Shock and Denial:

Maybe you are like @natedagg and just avoided watching Browns games this year. I did as well early on. Maybe you were confused why Duke Johnson, a change of pace back, wasn't leading the team in offensive touches. Maybe you blamed Josh McCown for being stuck in a very Josh McCown state of ability level. It's okay, Al Gore still seems confused as to why he wasn't President over a decade and a half ago.

Anger:

Maybe you get into arguments with @AZ_ on Sunday nights. Perhaps you are just ashamed you ever bought that Joe Haden jersey in a brand new shade of orange. Maybe you created a Jim O'Neil voodoo doll. If you are angry, go ahead and be angry for a day or two. However, remember that after too long, you come across as Eminem. Yeah, yeah, yeah, your mom and grew up tough... whatever dude, you're filthy rich. Pay for a therapist already.

Depression and Detachment:

Do you put the game on because you feel like you have to? Is the lack of optimism overwhelming, making you feel the entire roster needs to be dumped? This is the Charlie Sheen stage. You might as well pay for some bros to sit in your living room, drinking cheap cans of Pabst and watch VHS tapes of Vinny Testaverde throwing to Lawyer Tillman. It's a stage, but get past it... there's so much more waiting for you.

Dialogue and Bargaining:

I see most of the board right in this sweet spot, struggling through a discussion on where it all went wrong, and when. Was it hiring Farmer? Was it the Pettine defensive philosophy? Was it the scouting department? What is the meaning of Manziel's promotion to "Starter for the rest of the year?" It's like this new Gloria Estefan off broadway musical on the story of The Miami Sound Machine. I mean, it gives Gloria Estefan something to do, but it can't last forever. We gotta move on. We gotta...

Accept the Tank!

Since we are already talking about next year I am going to post a link to the podcast here as well as tanking is covered

It's time.

It's time we all step back and recognize what is happening here...

stages-of-grief.gif

...we are dealing with another season that very quickly digressed into a tank. It's okay that we all felt moments our expectations were elevated. We will always have a few preseason wins against other bad teams. But, make no mistake... its tanking time. Accept it. I understand some fans are at various stages in this acceptance.

Shock and Denial:

Maybe you are like @natedagg and just avoided watching Browns games this year. I did as well early on. Maybe you were confused why Duke Johnson, a change of pace back, wasn't leading the team in offensive touches. Maybe you blamed Josh McCown for being stuck in a very Josh McCown state of ability level. It's okay, Al Gore still seems confused as to why he wasn't President over a decade and a half ago.

Anger:

Maybe you get into arguments with @AZ_ on Sunday nights. Perhaps you are just ashamed you ever bought that Joe Haden jersey in a brand new shade of orange. Maybe you created a Jim O'Neil voodoo doll. If you are angry, go ahead and be angry for a day or two. However, remember that after too long, you come across as Eminem. Yeah, yeah, yeah, your mom and grew up tough... whatever dude, you're filthy rich. Pay for a therapist already.

Depression and Detachment:

Do you put the game on because you feel like you have to? Is the lack of optimism overwhelming, making you feel the entire roster needs to be dumped? This is the Charlie Sheen stage. You might as well pay for some bros to sit in your living room, drinking cheap cans of Pabst and watch VHS tapes of Vinny Testaverde throwing to Lawyer Tillman. It's a stage, but get past it... there's so much more waiting for you.

Dialogue and Bargaining:

I see most of the board right in this sweet spot, struggling through a discussion on where it all went wrong, and when. Was it hiring Farmer? Was it the Pettine defensive philosophy? Was it the scouting department? What is the meaning of Manziel's promotion to "Starter for the rest of the year?" It's like this new Gloria Estefan off broadway musical on the story of The Miami Sound Machine. I mean, it gives Gloria Estefan something to do, but it can't last forever. We gotta move on. We gotta...

Accept the Tank!

See you again next season

johnny-manziel-nfl-cleveland-browns-buffalo-bills2-850x560.jpg

^^^^

The tank is in his hands. Don't let us down. Just go down.

i really cant see this team only finishing with 2 wins, this is the browns. they always suck but are never good enough at sucking to get a top pick.

my guess is they win 3 maybe 4 games. If the ravens can actually play worth a damn, i only see 1 winnable game left, which would be nice (49ers). At this point the bengals, seahawks, chiefs, and steelers are all still very much fighting for the playoffs.

go tank go.

Absolutely. We are going to be smug, irritable, and throwing up for the next few months... but by next spring it will all be worth it.

Keys, you are Jimmy Haslam. The season ends at the end of December, what do you do?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."