• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2016 Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Didn't Windy say we could possibly buy a draft pick?

If Gilbert is willing to spend the money, I would totally welcome Jeremy Lamb and #22.

Lamb obviously has had plenty of opportunities to show something but maybe being with a team of champions he finally decides to work his ass off this year . He has legit talent. Then you take the beat 3&D guy on the board at #22 and you have a couple of years to develop him the right way.worst case scenario, that rookie becomes an instant asset in case somebody like say, Trevor Ariza becomes available at the deadline?

Would be expensive and Gilbert has already done so much I won't expect him to write that kind of check, but maybe Griffin should push him while the Champagne is still lingering in his system. You also have to think Griffin has the cache now to kind of take a shot at the draft if he wants to.

It all comes down to what the Cavs evaluate this draft as being. I think it's decent. I really like Buddy a lot I think hes gonna be the best player outside of Ben Simmons who is not a sure thing IMO.

I know we won't be getting buddy but I think there's some depth to this draft.

If Gilbert is willing to spend the money, I would totally welcome Jeremy Lamb and #22.

Lamb obviously has had plenty of opportunities to show something but maybe being with a team of champions he finally decides to work his ass off this year . He has legit talent. Then you take the beat 3&D guy on the board at #22 and you have a couple of years to develop him the right way.worst case scenario, that rookie becomes an instant asset in case somebody like say, Trevor Ariza becomes available at the deadline?

Would be expensive and Gilbert has already done so much I won't expect him to write that kind of check, but maybe Griffin should push him while the Champagne is still lingering in his system. You also have to think Griffin has the cache now to kind of take a shot at the draft if he wants to.

It all comes down to what the Cavs evaluate this draft as being. I think it's decent. I really like Buddy a lot I think hes gonna be the best player outside of Ben Simmons who is not a sure thing IMO.

I know we won't be getting buddy but I think there's some depth to this draft.
There truly is some good 3 and D depth in this draft, especially at 22. You have to infuse this roster with some young talent.

Maybe a Denzel Valentine is sitting there at 22. That's a championship pick right there--formerly known as a "Spurs" pick. Now it's a "Cavs" pick.

As far as Lamb, I always used to like him-but he's never emerged. The tools are all there; who knows what a championship atmosphere could do for him.

If Denzel Valentine slides to 22 it'd be worth it.
I was literally typing my post when I saw this. 1000% agree.

The other guy I like is Malcolm Brogdon from Virginia. These are both winning players, winning programs, who play defense.

Cap is projected at $94 million next year.

Lamb is only slated to make $4 million (around 4% of the cap), is 24 and has at least shown he can play minutes on a playoff team. Hell, if nothing else he can eat up 10-15 regular season minutes to keep miles off everyone's legs.

He's not a home run by any means but he's an average to slightly above average backup wing who is on a dirt cheap contract. If the Cavs chose to just keep the pick and dump him, it seems like a really easy contract to get rid of. That's kind of why I'm surprised Charlotte would attach a pick to it.

EDIT: Check that, looks like he signed an extension. Now I see why they would give away a pick for him. He's slated to make $7 million next year. Not terrible with the cap numbers but not the $3-4 million I thought it was.....that's a lot of money to swallow for a pick.

Last edited:
If Denzel Valentine slides to 22 it'd be worth it.

Agree. If Valentine slides I think the cavs try to buy into the draft. Gilbert didn't trust his gut and passed on Green. He might have the same gut feeling about Valentine.

I would gladly take Lamb. I think being on a championship team and having LeBron as a teammate will do him wonders. He's a talented kid.

Don't think it will happen though.

The one guy I would love to somehow steal with an acquired pick would be Caris LeVert.

He's the type of player a contender would normally never be able to get.

Big, atheltic, can handle and play D. He's a modern NBA backup wing. Can play the 1 and 2, guard the 1-3.

Obviously injury concerns but you watch his highlights and he just reminds me of a Shaun Livingston with range.

I like Valentine but I think you swing for the fences when you are a contender.

The one guy I would love to somehow steal with an acquired pick would be Caris LeVert.

He's the type of player a contender would normally never be able to get.

Big, atheltic, can handle and play D. He's a modern NBA backup wing. Can play the 1 and 2, guard the 1-3.

Obviously injury concerns but you watch his highlights and he just reminds me of a Shaun Livingston with range.

I like Valentine but I think you swing for the fences when you are a contender.
Yeah, another solid player. An Ohio boy.

This is a guy that could've been a top 10 pick if he didn't have such injury problems last year. If we traded back in and walked away with LeVert or Valentine, it would be icing on the cake.

The last time I went to the draft you guys picked Anthony Bennett and the entire arena was stunned. Like absolutely stunned.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."