• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohio

Woosah
Reaction score
LEAVING:
Denzel Ward
Sam Hubbard
Jerome Baker

STAYING:
DeMario McCall (likely getting a medical redshirt for 2017)
Mike Weber
Parris Campbell
Dre'Mont Jones
Johnnie Dixon
Terry McLaurin
KJ Hill
Isaiah Prince

Schedule:
Sep 1----------Oregon State
Sep 8----------Rutgers
Sep 15---------at TCU
Sep 22---------Tulane
Sep 29---------at Penn State
Oct 6-----------Indiana
Oct 13---------Minnesota
Oct 20 --------at Purdue
Oct 27---------Bye
Nov 3----------Nebraska
Nov 10---------at Michigan State
Nov 17---------at Maryland
Nov 24---------Michigan

Last edited:
Other guys who could go pro

Parris Campbell
Jerome Baker
Dremont Jones
Mike Weber
Johnnie Dixon
Terry Mcalurin

I think Jones is the biggest one to keep and I think he'll stay for 1 more. I think Dixon and Mclaurin both stay as well. I think Campbell and Baker both go. Weber might go or transfer.

Campbell and Dixon would be making big mistakes IMO. Dixon has a big opportunity to prove himself with a confident downfield thrower in Haskins.
Dixon and Mclaurin are stretches, but I wanted to be thorough.

Do we get better or worse?

Next year, probably about the same, unless a QB really steps up in the offseason. 2-3 losses. The defensive line won't be quite as good. Hopefully the secondary will be a bit better. The offense will depend on the QB.

Campbell and Dixon would be making big mistakes IMO. Dixon has a big opportunity to prove himself with a confident downfield thrower in Haskins.

Parris Campbell would be making a bad mistake. He could really develop as a slot, and continue to develop his hands. He’s way too limited as a player right now IMO.

He is positionless in NFL right now....not nearly a good enough route runner or pure receiver to play slot, and obviously doesn’t have frame to get touches out of backfield.

If he can make more of a mark other than a jet sweep or shallow cross receiver in our system (and with offense likely changing direction with Haskins) he could really elevate his stock.

Last edited:

Tough to say at the moment. Does Meyer allow Kevin Wilson to tweak the offense, and does Haskins live up to his potential?

Sounds like Mike Weber is gone which is a bigger loss than most would admit. Our RB depth will be pretty light next year....we don’t have a JK Dobbins level RB coming in this year, and Antonio Williams is a big step down from Weber.

Defensively, if Dre’Mont Jones comes back that’d be huge.

The Big 10 is also starting to flex its muscle. We’ve got a tough conference schedule and we play TCU in Dallas.

On the road at MSU, PSU, and watch out for Brohm at Purdue.

I think a 2 loss season is probably realistic. Anything better likely gets us into the playoff.

I'm really excited for next year. Chance for a real passing game, second year of Dobbins, WRs more developed, some much needed fresh blood at LB & in the secondary (along with some of them continuing to develop).

Outside of Ward, only real losses are in the trenches but we're loaded there.

I really hope all the WRs stay. Think they'd all be making big mistakes if they left but we've seen WRs make the same mistake here the last couple years. Obviously would be sad to see Weber go but having to lean on Dobbins more is fine with me.

Next year, probably about the same, unless a QB really steps up in the offseason. 2-3 losses. The defensive line won't be quite as good. Hopefully the secondary will be a bit better. The offense will depend on the QB.
So Citrus Bowl?

Or some other equally irrelevant, non playoff bowl.
So if OSU has the exact same season next year, they go to the Rose Bowl.

You are going to tell me the Rose Bowl is the same as the Citrus Bowl?

Maybe college football isn't for you.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."