• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#21: Browns select Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smooth

Your Writer’s Favorite Writer
Staff member
Reaction score
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ezk5xKe_vHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not against the pick, just what we gave up to get him.

He sucks... how can you not be against the pick? Guy only had 2 sacks. We need pass rushers, not run stoppers.

He sucks... how can you not be against the pick? Guy only had 2 sacks. We need pass rushers, not run stoppers.

This I disagree with. Run stopping is a huge priority in the Browns scheme, especially in a division with so many talented running backs. I assume the Browns have a couple pass rushers in mind that are going under the radar. I'd have to bet they'll trade up again.

My guess is that the Browns felt Taylor was a guy who wouldn't have fit with many other teams but will be in a position to succeed on the Browns defense. I'm sure they feel they can keep him motivated, which sounds like it's the main issue for him. A fight at a frat party a few years ago doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited:

Are you on fucking drugs? There are pass rushers in the 2nd round, and yes, we do need run stoppers.

WTF is this guy smoking?

We're in the AFC North, a run first division. To say he sucks, is his own opinion to me, however I don't respect it. To also say we don't need run stoppers is based on stupidy of himself.

Just a waste of a post on his behalf.

Are you on fucking drugs? There are pass rushers in the 2nd round, and yes, we do need run stoppers.

Rubin is a run stopper... what pass rusher do we have? There are run stoppers in the second round.

Browns gave up 129.4 rushing yards per game last year, good for 27th in the league. Run stoppers? We don't need any of those!

We now have two huge mammoth DTs to take 2 blockers each.. that leaves a lot of open men to rush the QB. It makes sense to me.

We did lose Shaun Rodgers. We are now running a 4-3. Taylor and Rubin are the meatballs. Get a grip bro and respect the pick.

Rubin is a run stopper... what pass rusher do we have? There are run stoppers in the second round.

You got the best run stopper- you combine him with Rubin, you have a stout front of the line that nobody will run on (theoretically).. I assume that is what they were aiming for. Now you get speedy DEs on the outside, there are some in the 2nd round for us. YOu can't fill every hole instantly.

don't mind the pick (the trade up was a little puzzling but not really a big deal)...will like the pick more when i see what sort de's the browns can get in the second round

I just don't like giving up a 3rd to move 6 spots, which ended up being 5, since Baltimore passed on their pick.

So we are going to have Rubin play left and right tackle? What DT do we have besides Rubin? Titus Adams, Travis Ivey, Scott Paxson, Ko Quaye, Derick Robinson. Wow thats a sad group. Some teams have better Defensive Tackles on their practice squad. To say we dont need another DT because we have Rubin is just plain retarded.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."