• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#8: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State University

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
7787998.jpg

ncf_i_gilbert_d1_600x600.jpg

Best Highlight Film Out There....

Love it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/opPZDx4KmuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Total monster, perfect guy to put on the other side of Haden.

We have our Revis-Cromartie combo. Pettine must be in full chub.

I wanted a cb. Still have to address the pass rush. Mingo and Kruger need to step up. There should be no excuses with two potential top corners.

Gilbert and a 2015 1st rounder was an A+++++++++++++++++++++

We are close to Seattle. Build some depth, but we are really close.

150 replies for Manziel. 5 for Gilbert. You guys are worthless. Good god.

I have never seen a top ten first rounder so under discussed. It's an amazing phenomenon.

This was a great pick- I'd have been ok with it at 4. To pick up a future first rounder- AND another third.. it's piracy. I'm in awe. What a move this was. We have our new Hanford/Frank. Amazing.

Love it, Vikes took us on a 5th again but it's worth it to make sure Lions didn't grab our guy. Very good move trading down, hopefully EJ Manuel sucks ass next year and puts us in a spot to land our QB.

Total Pettine pick. You could pretty much hear the enthusiasm in his voice when talking about Gilbert in the presser.

I'm sure his brain is moving a mile a minute about the possibility of playing press man coverage with Haden/Gilbert and having the ability to blitz the hell out of people.

This guy is a fucking stud.

Not a sexy pick at all...but at the end of the day we'll be very happy he's teamed with Haden in the backfield. Going to be fun to watch.

Gilbert is dirty. Was watching undefeated Baylor get waxed by Okla st and a big reason was Gilbert just played on an island and locked it down.

As I expected after watching the press conference, Pettine is in heaven with this pick.

This was clearly the best outcome after that top 3. They weren't getting Clowney and Bortles was gone, who was my pick as a franchise QB. Trading back and getting a stud of a shutdown corner, that's pretty amazing.

Remember everyone's fascination with recreating the Minnifield-Dixon combo? We recreated it, pumped it full of steroids, gave it a little bit of radiation and creating a monster. This if going to be FUN to watch.

Best thing about this pick is you have a top 10 pick CB who isn't going to be asked to be the #1 corner like Joe Haden had to be. He will be our #2 corner putting less pressure on him. Is he going to be asked to man up right from the start? Absolutely, but he doesn't have the added pressure of it being on a #1WR. He also has the comfort of knowing Joe Haden is on the other side. Great situation for him, and a definite upgrade at a much needed position.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."