• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Terrance West - Traded to Titans

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kriegs

Sashi's Plan
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&amp;src=hash">#Browns</a> get 94 and select RB Terrance West from Towsen; give up No's 106 (4th) and 180 (6th).</p>&mdash; Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/statuses/464964047897493504">May 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meet Terrance West...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y00w0W0RCBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

USATSI_7614155.jpg

Draft Analysis (via NFL.com):

"Another big back with great feet. In the semifinal of FCS playoffs, in the snow, he had about as good a game as a running back can have. West is kinda like Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill. He's a big back with excellent feet. He catches the ball pretty well, too." -- Mike Mayock

Height: 5'9"
Arm Length: 31"
Weight: 225LBS.
Hands: 9 1/8"

Overview

The Baltimore prep was a multi-sport athlete, participating in basketball, baseball and track in addition to football. Spent the 2010 season at Fork Union Military Academy (Virginia) after difficulty qualifying because of his SAT score. Burst onto the collegiate scene in 2011 by winning the Jerry Rice Award (top freshman in FCS) and ECAC Offensive Rookie of the Year after rushing 194 times for 1,294 yards (6.7-yard average) and an FCS-leading 29 touchdowns in 11 games (one start). Had five catches for 25 yards and did not play in the season opener against Morgan State. Led the Colonial Athletic Association in rushing yards per game (104.6) and scoring (90) in 2012 after logging 195 carries for 1,046 yards (5.4) and 14 TDs along with five catches for 102 yards and a TD in 10 games (six starts). Missed the Old Dominion game because of a death in the family. Set the NCAA FCS single-season rushing mark and led all of college football in 2013 with 413 carries for 2,519 yards (6.1) and 41 touchdowns and 26 catches for 258 yards and a TD in 16 games. Was the CAA Offensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Walter Payton Award. Led the Tigers to the FCS Championship game and set the FCS record for touchdowns in a season with 42. Had 354 yards and five touchdowns against Eastern Illinois in the playoffs. His 84 career rushing touchdowns tied the FCS record, set by Adrian Peterson (Georgia Southern 1998-2001) in only three seasons.

Analysis

Strengths

Equipped to run between the tackles and withstand a pounding. Good vision -- reads and cuts off blocks. Runs with attitude and power -- stays behind his pads, churns out yards after contact and finishes runs. Opens up his stride in space and has competitive speed to break long runs. Rare production. Bore a heavy workload and thrived with a lather. Has a nose for the goal line -- 83 rushing TDs in three seasons.

Weaknesses

Lacks elite timed speed. Average initial quickness and elusiveness. Tight hips. Can be more cognizant of ball security -- tends to swing the ball away from his body and fumbled five times as a junior. Needs to polish his third-down skills, including route running and pass-protection awareness. Running style and college workload do not lend to longevity -- tread is worn down from 780 carries in three seasons.

Draft Projection: Rounds 3-4

Bottom Line

Good-sized, compactly built, highly productive, physical workhorse and program-changer who took Towson to new heights while dominating inferior competition. Has the chops to factor prominently in a power-running scheme, showing the ability to slash and cut, run over defenders and contribute as a receiver.

towson-terrance-west-012014.jpg

HRPNIFHWWOGQWIL.20130915152420.jpg

Combine workout video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Sksptw08uwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x3P8AiFO5CU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Workhorse back who knows how to gain yards in the snow. I rest my case.

This kid is gonna challenge for carries right away...

He looks like an outstanding fit for Shanahan's offense

Friend of mine that goes to Towson loves this kid. He texted me immediately after we drafted him, gassing him up. He's got me convinced. Dude's a champ :chuckles:

Tate and West could be a really strong duo. Add in some Dion Lewis and I feel really good about that situation.

Tate and West could be a really strong duo. Add in some Dion Lewis and I feel really good about that situation.

One of these three will be severely injured by game 2.

One of these three will be severely injured by game 2.

Injuries always happen at the RB position. As long as we can have two of these guys most weeks, we should be ok.

Chris Ogbonnaya proved himself to be a pretty good player last year too both rushing and receiving. So we have 4 capable backs on the roster right now.

We should be ok there.

For guys like him (FCS), I'm always interested to see how they do against FBS competition.

2014:

Uconn - 36 carries, 156 yards, 2 TD's

2013:

Kent State - 14 carries, 32 yards, 2 TD's

2012:

LSU - 22 carries, 79 yards, 2 TD's

Total: 72 carries, 267 yards, 6 TD's.

I'll give him a pass against Kent State. His team completely imploded with 6 turnovers.

UConn is pretty damn impressive, as is LSU.

In those respective seasons, UConn had the #23 run defense in the country (135 a game).

LSU had the #2 total defense in the country and the #5 run defense (85 a game).

From a physical standpoint, I love seeing big guys who are easy runners. He's almost a gilder in his highlights. That is really rare for a big back. I was blown away he was 230 pounds (after watching his highlights). He definitely carries that weight extremely well.

Love this pick. Read & react is the staple for a ZBS and West was one if not the best RB in this draft for that. Excellent between the tackles, has size, speed and power. Can catch & block, so he has the ability to become a 3 down back.

The biggest thing for him is balance & staying low. Not that he can't, just needs to be more consistent.

This guy is clearly excited to be here, as evidenced by his Twitter feed last night. :chuckles:

This guy is clearly excited to be here, as evidenced by his Twitter feed last night. :chuckles:

lol...definitely not an active twitter user.....this one made me laugh though...from 2011.

NO DAYS OFF! Except Saturday and Sunday. :chuckles:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ABOUT TO LEAVE THE CRIB AND GET MY WORKOUTS ON...MONDAY THRU FRIDAY I GRIND HARD...SATURDAY -N- SUNDAY I RELAX...NO DAYZ OFF #28</p>&mdash; Terrance West (@TerranceWest1) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerranceWest1/statuses/75950139310743554">June 1, 2011</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/nzRh8xpvP8/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7LZ3GTH8RBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can anyone confirm whether Terrance survived that bear attack at the end of that video?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."