• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA Finals 2015: Cavs vs Warriors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predict the series

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 286 65.3%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 34 7.8%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baseline Runner

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know this is pushing the cart before the horse, first we have to deal with one of either Atlanta or Washington. But there is a good chance that we will face the Warriors in the finals. How do we match up and how do we play them?

It'd be like the Spurs vs Miami last year without Love and a hobbled Kyrie. Only team left I don't think we have a shot against.

Their depth just scares me, and of course the wildness of Steph just gunning.

It comes down to the benches and who could hold the lead.

JR/Jones/Delly vs Iggy/Livingston/Lee. This is where I wished Marion was still Marion of last year vs San Antonio. That would be like hitting the 100 on the price is right wheel.

Well first of all I think the Clippers still have a good chance at beating the Warriors. I also think the Warriors have had quite an easy path thus far. If Memphis had any type of 3 point shooting I think they win this series... I will say this, the Warriors have excelled at taking Memphis out of their game. They go down and start shooting way more threes than characteristic for them. Honestly Gasol looks like a slug out there. If Memphis just played their game and didn't get lured into trying to make up all of their deficit at once I think there would be a game 7. IMO the Warriors dictated what the games would be like and that did not bode well for Memphis.

At the same time I think we match up superbly with the Warriors. Better than the Clippers tbh. Golden State's two losses to the Griz have one thing in common. Curry shot like garbage. A combined 4-21 from three. Don't get me wrong they are not a one man show, but I don't think they can pick up Curry's slack. They have a lot of good players, but one mega star. We have someone who thrives at defending mega stars. Shump should be on Curry the entire series. When Curry is in Shump should be in on him like glue. TT would eat them alive on the glass, and I think we would dictate the pace of the games which means a much slower pace that the Warriors aren't used to playing.

I don't think this team would have beaten SAS, and I have my doubts they get past LAC.

We should feel damn good about our team going into any matchup. We have a tough as nails team that grits it out. I don't think GSW would be ready for us. Just need to defend Curry like there is no tomorrow.

In that game in Cleveland earlier this year, I believe Lebron was in the post and just abused them and utterly dominated the game. Barnes was a wisp of tissue against him. I can't remember who else they tried on him- maybe AI or Green-- but no one could stop him.

The guy the Cavs had trouble with, as I recall, was David Lee, at least early on. Curry never really got it going.

I don't think the Warriors are as good as people think. Memphis is just a dreadful offensive team. A team in this age that has zero three point shooting is laughable. GSW lands one flurry and the Grizz need 2 quarters to grind it back. The other series win was over a team that only made the playoffs because OKC was ravaged with injury.

We will know a lot more about them next week when they play a team that can score at a comparable rate. I watch this series and remember late in the year when we absolutely beat the hell out of Memphis on the road and thinking what a playoff fraud they will be with their lack of scoring. Luckily, they landed a Portland team at half strength to open.

GSW still sits as the favorite as they are certainly the healthiest and will have home court, but they are by no means invincible.

I'd like to hear from Mr. Keys on this topic... he seems to know as much about the Warriors as he does the Cavs.

It seems like one good thing with the Cavs is that they have the athletes who can defensively keep up with GS. They closed out well on GS in that game at the Q.

I don't think the Warriors are as good as people think. Memphis is just a dreadful offensive team. A team in this age that has zero three point shooting is laughable. GSW lands one flurry and the Grizz need 2 quarters to grind it back. The other series win was over a team that only made the playoffs because OKC was ravaged with injury.

We will know a lot more about them next week when they play a team that can score at a comparable rate. I watch this series and remember late in the year when we absolutely beat the hell out of Memphis on the road and thinking what a playoff fraud they will be with their lack of scoring. Luckily, they landed a Portland team at half strength to open.

GSW still sits as the favorite as they are certainly the healthiest and will have home court, but they are by no means invincible.

This is a whole hell of a lot of rationalizing here.

I don't know how one can shit on the teams the Warriors have beaten when the Cavs have beaten two worse teams, respectively. Or are we suddenly elevating the Bulls to elite status because we beat them?

I'd like to hear from Mr. Keys on this topic... he seems to know as much about the Warriors as he does the Cavs.

It seems like one good thing with the Cavs is that they have the athletes who can defensively keep up with GS. They closed out well on GS in that game at the Q.

That is what I'm thinking too. JR and Shump are great perimeter defenders to say nothing of Lebron (remember how he shut down Tony Parker last season in the finals?).

the Warriors appear to be on another level than every other team, i think they would definitely beat us..

i don't wish injuries upon any team.. but if 1 of their top four players (Curry, Thompson, Green, Bogut) somehow gets injured, ie: like how we lost Love, it would any ones championship to win (and i mean any team through the west and east)

Oh, I'm aware of this thread and I'm waiting until it's reality. I'll break this mutha down, don't you worry. Years of watching Ramon Sessions praying for a ref bailout and Nelly coaching half asleep half drunk will all pay off. I could write a 5,000 word epic on the subject of Steven Jackson vs. Delonte West off their meds in a mid-court brawl if needed.

Without Love, this is only team that I think we don't have a realistic shot at winning (unless somehow Lebron can do LeBeast Detroit Game 5 mode for 4 games)

This is a beast I'd rather not look at until its at our front door. The Warriors are for real this year, and I'm 90% certain we'll be meeting them in the finals. They are the type of team that you're never safe playing against even with a 20 point lead and conversely you really don't want to give them a large lead.

We'll basically need LeBron to go berserk coupled with good solid support from everyone else. But I still believe. Our team has great potential. Hopefully Kyrie will come in around at least 90%.

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves

pelicans were complete trash, memphis is a weak offensive team and overrated overall and tony allen was injured at the worst time he was the best perimeter defender they had.

you guys are sleeping on Hou or Lac those teams will present match up nightmares for the warriors esp with their big's and 3pt shooting combination (Jordan,Blake/Howard) I'm willing to bet my money that who ever comes out from that series will beat the GSW.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."