1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

A GREAT article on the TSA and how they are BS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pyro, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Pyro

Pyro Banned

http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html

I can't quote the whole article, as it is quite a long read, but this money quote just stuck out to me the moment I read it...

Again, a long read, but quite worth it. It's time for America to WAKE UP. No more bullshit.

2. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

I know you keep bitching about not being able to take water through the security checkpoint, but are you aware that they give you unlimited free water, pop, juice AND ICE on the airplane?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

Corey, you once said you have never flown a day in your life. What do you know about the TSA.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Pyro

Pyro Banned

So you have no response to the article (which you clearly didn't, and have no intention of reading)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Man Called X

Man Called X Not a **** was given

Shut up. You're a 16 year old kid. You've never even been on a plane. None of this means a damn thing to you. Quit pretending it does.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Pyro

Pyro Banned

True, but it means a lot to you. I'm shocked the resident roid-head isn't pissed at the garbage the TSA has people do, and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

My response : Flown tons of times. Never had a problem with TSA.

Also, why doesn't the article talk about how the TSA also searches for drugs?

8. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Because drugs have nothing to do with airplane safety. You can't kill people on a plane with drugs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Man Called X

Man Called X Not a **** was given

Why does it mean a lot to me? I rarely fly. I don't have a job that requires travel. Yes TSA is bullshit, but it doesn't effect my every day life, and thus, I couldn't care less.

10. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

Flying is a privilege. If you don't like it, then drive in the back of your parent's station wagon to Hawaii.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cratylus

Cratylus Connoisseur of Classy Brunettes

I remember when the politicians were arguing about whether the TSA should be run privately or by the government. Senator Daschle stood on the steps of the Capitol and said (and meant) these words,

"You don't professionalize unless you Federalize."

Douche.

• Like Like x 2
  12. IWantAKouki

IWantAKouki Kouki, Not Cookie.

The Senate then exchanged awkward glances amongst themselves, proceeded to burst into laughter, and gave each other high fives.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JDeezy

JDeezy NBA Starter

I've flown internationally several times. Countless flights domestically.

It would ****ing PISS ME OFF if they made me go through a full-body scanner. I'm a paranoid "libertarian" (mostly just paranoid), so I think of omnipotent nanny-state buggery when I hear about that shit.

Otherwise, the TSA has never given me shit really. Just don't be stupid.

My biggest complaint when flying is of the "overweight" or "excess" baggage fees (which is why I only do carry-ons), smelly people, and middle-aged women fawning over me. Either this bitch is trying to steal my wallet or my cock.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BooyaCS

BooyaCS In the Rotation

Been through the body scanner before. It took the same time for me to go through normal security than it did for the body scanner. If you are stupid and don't listen to instructions then yes you get frisked and such. If you remove all metal (including belt) walk forward put your arms up and wait 2 seconds you should be fine.

I travel a lot for business and have flown as far west as LA and as far east as Conneticut and I have never had issues with flying.

This includes being on an airplane 1 month after 9/11 flying to London and Paris.

15. Apathy

Apathy shalom

Corey, I'm interested as to how you think airport security should be handled. What kind of things do you have in mind that would give the TSA some legitimacy?

16. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

I think he just wants everyone to walk in freely without any sort of security check....and to be able to bring in water.

17. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

Don you remember , Corey isn't afraid of anything. If there are terrorists on board, he will fight them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Back in 2002

The TSA was never about protecting airline passengers. It was all about seeing how many freedoms the American people are stupid enough to give up. That list just keeps growing every year now.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Pyro

Pyro Banned

I feel the TSA needs to be eliminated. We need to go back to pre-9/11 restrictions and rules, scanners, etc. The only major change that was needed after 9/11 was bolting those cockpit doors shut. We don't need any of this other nonsense.

20. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Back in 2002

Arm the pilots and let the airlines put armed security on flights and there will never be another 9/11. We don't need the federal government to molest us and search us without probable cause.

• Like Like x 2