• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

American Horror Story

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Oi

Ahhhh chachachacha
Reaction score
Watched the pilot last night. Wow...what an amazing show. I hope it keeps up the same pace as the show goes on, because the first episode was like nothing I've ever seen before. There's literally zero slow moments, no happiness. Just flat out macabre, dark, scenes with a lot of mystery. Really well done.

If anyone has ever watched Clockwork Orange, The Shining or The Others, I feel the same way I do when I watch those movies. It doesn't have anything in common with any of the movies plot-wise or even theme-wise...but just the way I feel when I watch it. For one...the characters are unrelatable, in a good way. It's impossible to understand how their minds work, because they're all very disturbed. The wife is the closest thing to an ordinary person. And she's hot as hell by the way. Second, there's an incredible amount of disturbing images in the show and much like The Shining...it's impossible to tell what's real and imagined at times.

Please don't anyone spoil, as I will not be caught up for a couple days. But could be interesting to discuss in here.

Last edited:
Ive seen commercials for it all over the place. Would you recommend?

Worst post I've ever seen.

Worst avatar you've ever had.

I caught a few minutes of the show the other day and it looked fucking awesome... very disturbing. Speaking of the Shining... I've actually been to the Stanley Hotel (the real Overlook Hotel) in Colorado while visiting my sister a few years ago. We didn't stay there, but just stopped by to see it (The Shining is one of my favorite books and movies). We actually sneaked past the security and roped off area and went up to room 217 (Supposedly Kubrick changed the room number to 237 in the movie, at the Hotel's request, so it wouldn't freak out future guests.) The hotel was gorgeous, but EXTREMELY creepy to be in after watching that movie.

investigation_stanleyhotel_photo1_large.gif

Worst avatar you've ever had.

I caught a few minutes of the show the other day and it looked fucking awesome... very disturbing. Speaking of the Shining... I've actually been to the Stanley Hotel (the real Overlook Hotel) in Colorado while visiting my sister a few years ago. We didn't stay there, but just stopped by to see it (The Shining is one of my favorite books and movies). We actually sneaked past the security and roped off area and went up to room 217 (Supposedly Kubrick changed the room number to 237 in the movie, at the Hotel's request, so it wouldn't freak out future guests.) The hotel was gorgeous, but EXTREMELY creepy to be in after watching that movie.

investigation_stanleyhotel_photo1_large.gif

Has it always been that white and red color or did it actually look like that drab brown monster from The Shining back in the day? Don't think they had the technology to change the color on video in the 70's right?

One thing you can say for this show is that it is different. That's always a good thing considering the amount of junk all over tv.

I'm staying with this show but do wonder how long they can make the story last. Seems that there's only so much you can do and if they drag it out it would become less interesting.

Has it always been that white and red color or did it actually look like that drab brown monster from The Shining back in the day? Don't think they had the technology to change the color on video in the 70's right?

I believe the Timberline Lodge in Oregon was used in the movie for the exterior shots. King used the Stanley as inspiration when writing the novel. However, the Stanley was used when filming Dumb and Dumber.

Yeah, this is the Timberline Lodge used for the exterior shots:
overlook2.jpg

The interior of the hotel was actually shot on recreated sets in London that were mostly modeled after the Awhanee Hotel in Yosemite National Park in California.

Img_6278-hall.jpg

or83a2.jpg

or83a6.jpg

or83a3.jpg

All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. anal. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. anal. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy.

Last edited:
All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. anal. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. anal. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jigo a dull boy.

I'm not gonna hurt you...

Planning to catch up on the rest of the season tonight (fell asleep watching Halloween Pt I last night). So far, I'm confused as shit, although they're shedding some light on things with each new episode. I'll admit that like 90% of it is still lost on me so far.

I've watched all of the episodes and I have been really enjoying it. The music for the introduction is hauntingly calming to me. This show is so different than any others on TV which makes it that much more enjoyable to watch. Pt. 2 of the halloween episode (the one last night) was solid and all but confirmed my suspicions that I've had since the first episode about one of the characters (I don't want to spoil it so GO WATCH it!)

Great show. Thought it was going to be like a "kid" type scary show, but as you all of you are saying, it's just creepy, mysterious, etc...

Don't wanna spoil but the beginning of the second Halloween episode was creepy as shit :chuckles:

Hopefully they did a good job with the rest of the season and maybe come back and keep it going. Hopefully not ruin it like they did with Weeds

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."