1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Anderson Varejao Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Trades, Free Agency, & the Draft' started by runningfan2, Oct 11, 2012.

1. runningfan2

runningfan2 Rookie

During RCF2, I thought it was interesting that Brian Windhorst pointed out the Cavs might want a young big with upside in any Varejao trade. Here are a few ideas I had.

1. AV to Utah for Raja Bell and Enes Kanter. Bell and the Jazz have had a total falling out and he is sitting at home waiting to be traded for a buyout. In this case the Cavs take on Bell's contract and either pay him enough to buy him out (thanks Dan Gilbert), or he makes the team at another player's expense. He is still a solid defender at least. Kanter is a 20 year old with toughness who can rebound and has range on his shot. Somewhat similar to Tyler Zeller, but with much more upside. Not utilized well by Utah last year. The Jazz get out from Bell's situation and also get a great defensive big, something Jefferson and Millsap are definitely not.

2. Same trade, but the Cavs throw in the Kings pick and its for Derrick Favors instead of Kanter.

3. The Cavs trade Varejao to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. Cavs get a young athletic player who fits their style. Clippers get a veteran who can fit with their team and help them win now. May be some picks involved. My biggest worry is that Jordan and TT would be one atrocious free throw shooting front court.

Let me know some ideas you have.

2. cavsfan1985

cavsfan1985 ^ kind of a big deal!

No offense but those are so bad for Utah. Why would Utah who has a nice young core trade the 3rd overall pick from 2 years ago, for a 30 year old veteran. If anything, Utah wants to move Milsap or Jefferson.

3. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

av and casspi for lou deng is what I wonder consider an acceptable trade.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

Andy and the kings pick for Jonas V

5. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

I still wouldn't mind if we could try to find a way to work Derrick Williams into a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

I think he'd be the scoring SF we're looking for.....not sold on Miles yet

7. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

If your going to speculate about AV trades you can just look right past any team thats not a top 12 team in the league. There may be a few fringe teams that might take a look but the team that would pull the trigger for AV would need to be deep and willing to give someone up of value.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

I feel like Boston and the LA Clippers are two very good fits for Andy.

9. bigfoot5415

bigfoot5415 The Original HN3108

Whenever this gets brought up i always have ppl ask themselves, why trade av? Hes a great energy big, on a reasonable contract who is only 30. For the cavs, like any young team, hes great now but he probably wont have great value when the team is competing. This is the same reason you can automatically rule out the other bottom feeders.

From our perspective, hes too valuable to give up for a late first rounder, which is what most teams would have to offer that are competing. So you have to look at teams looking to make the next step with tradeable assets. Whether they are looking to make the playoffs or make a finals run.

Two teams come to mind: chicago and Minnesota. The bulls are kind of a wash this season, theyre too good to miss the lottery but not good enough to compete without Rose. Now they have a few bigs off the bench, but no game changers. The asset they could give up would be the bobcats protected first they own. A third team would need to be involved but chicago could use him.... Next year.
    Minnesota is getting desperate to make the playoffs and keep there core together. They have a c and pf, but no quality off the bench to help them get into the playoffs. Theyre obvious assets are theyre first, the grizz pick they own (lotto protected), and williams. Im not sure theyre desperate enough to get rid off him this early but they need playoff guys now. They are an improved team, but they still need a piece. I see them being in a playoff hunt and Av may be exactly what they need.

10. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

You dont use logic in an AV trade thread.

11. pinoycavsfan

pinoycavsfan Situational Stopper

AV for LBJ :hide::runs:

12. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

Anyone like Wilson Chandler?

13. randymoss1881

randymoss1881 Situational Stopper

i like derrick williams better. He would keep us in the bottom 5 and he also has a frindlier contract

14. 3 Ball...GOT IT

3 Ball...GOT IT Season Ticket Holder

Pretty sure if we traded Varejao we'd be getting in a 1st rounder as the biggest part of the deal.

15. StuDiscus

StuDiscus In the Rotation

Rather have the two midgets in your avatar taking charges than LBJ in a Cavs uni anytime soon.. (as in my lifetime*)

* as in before the Browns win a Superbowl

16. Damage

Damage ****face

Thing is, this upcoming draft has a plethora of C's:

Cody Zeller
    Nerlens Noel
    Stephen Adams
    Alex Len
    Alec Brown
    Isaiah Austin

About 3,4 more, but who knows if they'll come out.

There are a few young, promising, developmental bigs that I could think of. The list isn't pretty:

Derrick Favors
    Enes Kanter
    Jonas V
    Myers Leonard
    Cole Aldrich
    Dan Orton

It would take a ton to get Favors.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

I'd like to see Dan Orton in the Wine and Gold.

I think he's got a pretty good deal of potential. He's on the Lakers now as a result of that Howard trade, correct? The Lakers seem to have a championship window of about three years with their current group, and I think Andy would fit very well on that Laker squad with a big-men tandem of Howard-Gasol-Jamison-Hill-Varejao.

18. Czvosec

Czvosec All-Star

Worst. (offensive) Frontcourt. Ever.

• Like Like x 2
  19. randymoss1881

randymoss1881 Situational Stopper

av to MN for williams and mn's 1st
    we would get a sf/pf with potential comming off the bench as well as a mid round pick that can turn into the 14th pick

20. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

And then we'd also see the firing of Minnesota's GM the next day.

There's no way they'll trade the #2 pick in last year's draft and a potential lottery pick for an injury-prone, 30 year old center. I doubt Minnesota is shooting for the Finals this year, and I think the best fit for Andy would be on a Finals contender, where he could provide high-energy minutes off of the bench.