1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Another Stand Your Ground case in Florida

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tlyons, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tlyons

Tlyons Sixth Man

Claims he saw a shotgun flashed...

2. Rich

Rich Hall-of-Famer

Media doesn't help at all, but The Trayvon Martin case was not a true "Stand Your Ground" case. This one is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

Whaaat? Who to believe.....man. If you want to take it from its most basic principle, if the music bothered the shooter that bad, just roll up your window, leave, etc. Apparently, based on the article and the defendent's claim, as you can read via the quote, he was acting in self defense. No, I'm not buying it, though. And I'll tell you why - he was probably the aggressor....he was the guy, in the first instance, to initiate confrontation, or so we believe. Now, this doesn't infer any guilt, however...it's just my opinion...you should mind your own damn business, especially when you're armed - I follow my own advice on this one very well.

Also, I hate how the first sentence is A Florida gun collector. I don't give a shit what he is....he just committed a serious offense. These people that cannot control their anger and temper should not have the ability to purchase weapons to begin with...it's an obvious agenda in the article...but whatever.

All of this aside, I just wish everyone knew the complete facts, because then you couldn't argue over all these hypotheticals and what not.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

Anybody else get really pissed off when an error like this goes unchecked on a "legitimate source of news"?

Doesn't change this case one bit, but my god you're paid to write properly... Or maybe he/she is paid to write poorly?

Anyways this is despicable, and this guy should be locked up unless there really was a shotgun, which the police will find if there was. In the case of there being a shotgun he's completely justified, if it's just a cover up, which I fully believe it is, than he should be locked up.

Seriously over music somebody lost their life. Just say that out loud. A 17 year old lost his life because of music.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Damage

Damage ****face

2nd biggest pet peeve of mine, right behind
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  6. Tlyons

Tlyons Sixth Man

On its face, the shotgun thing sounds like a cover. I'm just tired of Teens dying over dumb shit like this.

The mother of the victim has already come out and stated that she doesn't want this pursued as a hate crime.

Media: "Fuck"

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

I always correct my friends on that one. Really annoying to hear them say that imo.

What I hate more than that is the improper use of you're, and where/were.

And what I hate more than that is why closer (as in come closer to me) is spelled the exact same way as closer (like the TV show The Closer). I've never understood that one...

Finally what I hate far more than that is Kevin Garnett.

Edit: I forgot to add the use, especially on this site I might add, of are instead of our. This is are team for example...

I actually thought when I first joined here that was just the way American's said our because despite speaking the same language we do have some different spellings of words. I have since come to realise that is not the case though lol.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Is it just me, or are some baby boomers just intolerant people who've experienced a vast change in culture (technology boom)? Seems to me like a lot of these situations are the result of increased freedoms with a general overpopulation of the country.

And before I get a mouthful, I do realize I'm being vague. I don't have time to write a thesis on my "theory".

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tlyons

Tlyons Sixth Man

Is the country really overpopulated? Or is it just bad spacing and misuse of the land. I mean there is a ranch in Texas the size of Rhode Island.

Oh and i hate "just sayin"

10. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

Overpopulated with idiots, yes.

And Rapsoda, I agree. I'm sure there will be things that we don't quite understand/want to understand 40-50 years down the road...but I sure hope it doesn't get to the point that I end up shooting somebody because I wanted them to turn down their music.

11. Damage

Damage ****face

Good news: population is not up for once.

12. KI4MVP

KI4MVP formerly LJ4MVP

what about this one that really bugs me

resign - to sign again (I think this should be re-sign, but most people including writers don't write it that way)
    resign - to quit

So if you read a headline that says something like "Byron Scott to resign" you can't tell if he's leaving or staying.

This is even worse than someone saying "could care less" because at least in that case you know what they really meant.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Damage

Damage ****face

It's easily solved by a dash. Re-sign V. Resign

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maximus

Maximus BANNED Staff Member

Did the cops find a shotgun in the car or not? If not, it's pretty clear this guy should spend the rest of his life in jail.

I can't stand when people write "must of", "could of", "would of"...it is MUST HAVE, COULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE.

• Like Like x 3
  15. KI4MVP

KI4MVP formerly LJ4MVP

I said that, but so many people don't put the dash in that it really becomes annoying. Most everything else you know what they mean even though they wrote it wrong.

16. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

Could of, would of, should of? Kidding of course I don't make that one, although I am a frequent commiter of the resign/re-sign offence.

With most of these everyone knows what the person means. Spelling errors are one thing, possibly not using a word the right way is fine with me too, although it can lead to confusion depending on the context, but man when it gets super super lazy, or incoherant that's when it bothers me.

17. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

Wow...you guys must have got all your arguments out from the last shooting thread...a bit off topic much? lol

18. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

This one is far more cut and dry, unless they found the shotgun, in which case this case is far more cut and dry than the other one.

There's only two options here really. He's either a cold blooded murderer, or he's innocent because his life was in danger.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lord Mar

Lord Mar Master

I pretty much view ALL cases like that....am I right?

20. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

The last one at least had the variable that the kids broke into the mans house I guess.