1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Antawn Wants and Expects to Remain with Cavs

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by Pierre Pan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Pierre Pan

Pierre Pan Towel Waver

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/02/cleveland_cavaliers_antawn_jam_2.html

2. Pyro

Pyro Banned

How nice.

Get rid of him.

• Like Like x 22
  3. David.

David. .

I expect his frightening eyebrows to take over his body and start controlling him like a stephen king novel

• Like Like x 10
  4. Phant

Phant Rookie

Thanks for the kind words, Antawn, but if the chance arrives we'll have to trade you. :gap:

5. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

I really dont care what they do with antawn. I doubt any trades will materialize nor do i see the point in a buyout. Jamison is consistent in his play even if his shooting percentage isnt. He works hard on team defense and does what the coach ask him to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hydroponic3385

Hydroponic3385 Snitches get stitches

No point in a buyout? We would buy him out so we don't continue to rack up worthless wins that he helps us get. Towards the end of the season, when we win games, it better be solely because of guys like Irving, Gee, Thompson, etc. No more pointless wins influenced by veterans who won't be here next year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

pointless? why because you say so?

If jamison moves. Scott isnt going to give up on winning. he will make adjustments.

Primarily you would see Irving turned into a volume scorer as opposed to an efficient one. personally I dont want to see that. Having a guy like jamison on the roster allows Irving to develop the way he should be. as an efficient scorer and an oppurtunity to develop as a facillilator nor do I want to see casspi taking 15-17 shots a game. or thompson forcing jumpers. or hey how bout parker taking 12-15 shots a game.

I dont look at the team in terms of wins and losses. I look at development.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KCOTT

KCOTT OSU Alum

On the main forum all I saw was "Antawn Wants and Expects..."

I was pretty sure it was going to read "to be traded" or "a trip to the fountain of youth"

this was disappointingly unexpected

9. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

Jamison said this earlier in the season.. it really was what prompted the destinations for jamison thread

10. ChicagoCavFan

ChicagoCavFan Moderator

I don't blame him...Cleveland is an amazing city this time of year.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Guardian of the Cavaliers

Bigger problem than what to do with AJ..Cavs need a center in the worse way.

12. Joe Henderson

Joe Henderson keyboard monkey

not yet.

by the way, anyone else bothered by the notion in the article that the Cavs would hold on to Jamison because they need him to grab the 8th seed in the East? I mean, do we put it down to standard newspaper fodder, not being honest about the team's aims, or what?

13. Spencer Hawes

Spencer Hawes Blue

No team in their right mind would trade young assets for Antawn. You can wish for it all you want but it's unlikely gonna happen.

14. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Towel Waver

so hed rather get paid everything hes owed while getting big minutes, having the offense run through him, and shooting whenever he wants as opposed to agreeing to a buyout and getting less $, being a role player and being told not to shoot as much?

15. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Guardian of the Cavaliers

Oh I know they can't get one now,but I see no team banging Grant's head to trade for AJ.
    I noticed Scott is pretty exasperated with all of the quasi centers they have...meaning they don't have one to fill in.

16. Douglar

Douglar Intentionally Grounded Staff Member

There are a lot of reasons why teams give away young assets, and some of them are even rational. Getting a stretch 4 on an expiring contract is one of those reasons. Other times its because the team doesn't have roster spots or they don't have the cap flexibility to deal with an impending free agency.

It wasn't that long ago that a team gave up a first round pick to get Antawn and that team had to absorb his salary for the next two years. Since the Cavs are willing to take back salary right now, they could probably even get a better deal than Jamison's last trade.

While a trade isn't guaranteed, Grant will certainly get some offers for Antawn in the next 20 days. We'll just have to see if any are good enough to justify absorbing the bad contracts that will no doubt come along with the young assets.

Hell, the Cavs would get offers even if Antawn couldn't play because he's an expiring contract. But the guy can contribute shots and rebounding if the team can offset his defensive liabilities.

• Like Like x 10
  17. I.K.W.T

I.K.W.T Season Ticket Holder

If there was ONE thing I'd really dislike, and would make me want to harm people, it would be if Antawn was brought back. Not a pretty sight.

18. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

Jamison is playing for a contract next year... I would want to stay too and put up big numbers instead of coming off the bench... Better numbers = bigger pay day...

19. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Of course he wants Cleveland to pay his gigantic salary.

20. neaorin

neaorin Rebuilder

Didn't he say he wanted to finish his career with the Bobcats since he grew up in NC?