• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anthony Davis

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chuck0609

NBA Starter
Reaction score
sounds like he has told the Pelicans he wants out...is Lebron getting him?

League. We’d a lockout real bad. The brow going to LA, who didn’t see this one coming

Some playoff caliber team (Denver maybe?) will do what Toronto did and acquire Davis with the hopes being they can sell him on sticking around long-term.

There’s no real reason not too. Even in the worst case scenario that Davis leaves you high and dry after next season, you still maximized your chance to win an NBA title this year if you get him now and next year in 19-20.

Beyond that, as we saw with the Leonard deal, when these guys publicly make trade demands, it usually destroys the leverage the team left holding the bag has anyway. So a team looking to acquire Davis will very likely be able to get it done for less assets than people would expect.

Last edited:
But will Nola learn from our mistake with Kyrie. They could hold him until they get the deal they want. I guess that runs the risk of a Kawhi-Spurs situation if you hold a disgruntled player.

Maybe they will honor his wishes and trade him asap. But I'd imagine they would at least wait until the off-season when more teams can offer their best deal.

But will Nola learn from our mistake with Kyrie. They could hold him until they get the deal they want. I guess that runs the risk of a Kawhi-Spurs situation if you hold a disgruntled player.

Maybe they will honor his wishes and trade him asap. But I'd imagine they would at least wait until the off-season when more teams can offer their best deal.

I actually think the offers will get worse if they wait because the team acquiring Davis will only get one crack at chasing a ring instead of two (assuming Davis is eventually earmarked for LA via free agency like many people expect).

Trading him right now seems like the best play all around. Current playoffs seem like they would be very motivated to get two bites at the AD apple.

I actually think the offers will get worse if they wait because the team acquiring Davis will only get one crack at chasing a ring instead of two (assuming Davis is eventually earmarked for LA via free agency like many people expect).

Trading him right now seems like the best play all around. Current playoffs seem like they would be very motivated to get two bites at the AD apple.
I guess you are right. A team like the Nuggets or Bucks would be perfect right now for them to take their shot. The problem is, I don't think either have much to give up outside of their top players, which would defeat the purpose. Which is the problem for all of those teams on the cusp. Then you lose your franchise players for AD to leave as soon as he can.

Can Philly trade for Davis or are they in the same boat as the Celtics?

Davis and Embiid would be a nightmare to guard. Fultz and salary filler plus 2 or 3 first round picks and a couple second rounders could be the best offer if they don't want to wait till the summer.

Nobody wants Fultz.

It's not going to get better than Ingram and one of Ball/Kuzma at this point. Plus the league and his agent obviously want him on the Lakers. And it makes sense for LA to get him asap rather than wait.

AKA: Rich Paul gives Lakers 6 month head start on chance to acquire him.

Also: can’t wait to follow Laker fans as they hyperventilate at the thought of giving up young studs like Josh Hart or fucking Zubac

Celtics can’t trade for him now unless they trade Kyrie too, my guess is the Pelicans will wait until the offseason to trade him to Boston

Strange ass rules.
He’s forcing his way to LA right now, unless Danny calls and put a deal in place for this summer. He has the assets.
Is that some sort of tampering?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."