• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anything Missing? (see post #2 before making requests)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to go take a quick nap but RCF should be functional (barely). I know about the search issue but if you see anything else missing (besides S34) please tell me in here.

If you have any suggestions you can also leave those.

- Ben

Xenforo upgrade status.

Addressed
---------------
• How to embed twitter (just type URL of individual tweet without these double quotes: "https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda /status/502702729735991297")
• How to embed YouTube (just type URL of YouTube video into your post)
• Full search function
• New post count
• Widgets would be nice
• 10,000 character limit on individual posts. Bumped to 20K.
• Darkened quote box for easier viewing.
• Tapatalk added (delete the old forum and add the new one)
• Instagram has been added... just post the url to the image you want.
• Added option to customize number of posts/threads per page (see Preferences)
• The limit on media that can be posted at once set at 5. (will be adjusted for game previews)
• Colored names
• Donation box
• Options in "Game Preview Forum" now match up with user options in other forums.
• Forum icons added
• Vine embedding added
• Bolded "Like" and"Reply" for each post.
• It's not possible at this moment to make "likes per post" include more names (without changing a bunch of templates on the site)
• Added join date under avatar
• Golden peni
• Can we see how many posters are in a given subsection of the Forum again? (under last post of thread)
• I can't access or change my "custom title" in my user personal details. Should be able to now.
• Adjust "user title ladder" to use basketball-specific titles (rather than defaults). Done.

Working on it, be patient
------------------
• Colors of forum / Xenforo skin / Aesthetic questions (New skin being designed. We'll let you know...)
• Old emoticons are back.

Requests
--------------
• Will thread name be added above each individual post? No way to make this happen right now.

• Add "Upload a file" to all forums (including Cavs forum). It works on Browns forums. Give us a few weeks.

• Ignore avatars (it's not a built-in option in Xenforo). Working on a bare-bones skin without avatars/sigs/EAYOR

• Animated avatars? No.

• How about making the thread location (like EAYOR) more prominent on the new thread page so i can avoid certain areas at work easily? Working on a bare-bones skin without avatars/sigs/EAYOR

• Any chance to simulate old-school-rep (esp. relaying a comment passed on to a user). No, you have to PM.

• Can the front page (http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php) be changed so that clicking on the title of a thread takes you to the last unread post in that thread? No (at least not now).

• Create a default avatar (esp. one that pushes posters to choose a better one of their own). Maybe.

Last edited:
As far as youtube goes, it looks like anything posted on VBulletin doesn't transfer over with the same code that Xenforo uses. You'll find a lot of the <src> etc all over.

For YouTube, use the same button to embed new video. It looks like a film strip. Choose the media site, and Xenforo will wrap the new media in a "MEDIA" tag (rather than a VIDEO tag, which was used by the old software).

I meant to look at what someone else had posted or did they post it wrong?

my desire to post... I cant wait for the banner and stuff to come in... oh i love this feature where it tells you someone posted while your typing

As far as youtube goes, it looks like anything posted on VBulletin doesn't transfer over with the same code that Xenforo uses. You'll find a lot of the <src> etc all over.

That makes sense

I meant to look at what someone else had posted or did they post it wrong?

There is a lot of stuff posted with the old software that won't look right (and may never look right) with the new software. I think this will apply to video, twitter, vine, Instagram, and so on.

Ben might need to install some Xenforo add-ons to deal with adding some of this new content. Not sure what is involved. Images and some video appear to be supported right now.

Option to set the number of posts per page ?

I got ask, why move away from vBulletin ?

When users don't have an avatar, xenforo displays a big question mark image. Can those images be hidden?

Will the emojis be just the standard ones? Or will we get the old ones as well?

Lame question, but just trying to cover all the bases.

Also, is there any way to know if there was a recent post in a thread after you left it? Sort of like how the thread would be bold when you entered and then if no new updates, it would be un-bolded?

I LOVE how when you quote a photo... it shrinks it and then gives you the option to expand it. Will likely reduce number of pages in threads.

Will the emojis be just the standard ones? Or will we get the old ones as well?

Lame question, but just trying to cover all the bases.
Not a lame question, we need the legendary ":chuckles:" back

Also, is there any way to know if there was a recent post in a thread after you left it? Sort of like how the thread would be bold when you entered and then if no new updates, it would be un-bolded?
There is a dot to the left of those threads now, that's the only thing i see.

I don't like how the signatures are so close to the actual post, they kind of blend together.

The "poster" information is pretty small (avatar particularly) - any chance these can be bigger?

Obviously there are way more urgent things, just something I was curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."