1. RCF Will Be In Flux For a few. I'm going as fast as I can correcting issues. We should be good to go by Monday. Sorry you have to deal with this bland board until then.

April Update (Billboard & Raffle)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Glen Infante, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante Founder Staff Member

Hey guys, we are approaching the playoffs and I just wanted to update everyone on what we have planned or will be planning this month.

We had a great month of March as we finally got our billboard space and enough money to even get it done. Many thanks to (new moderator) WUJU for helping us get where we need to be.

The banner will be displayed THIS Saturday April 17th, 2010. The we are finalizing the papers for permission from the City of Cleveland to proceed to production. The artwork is complete, and while I do not want to reveal the final art here online, I will show you a sneak peak of it.

[​IMG]

As you can see, we went with the popular, "Born here raised here" theme. We feel that it turned out really well and we cannot wait to display it for everyone in Cleveland.

We would like to throw a Billboard launch party once we find out what day the Cavs play on. So whenever the schedule is released we would like to invite every RCF member out to Nick's Sports Corner to celebrate and watch the game together. Should be a good time.

Also, we would like to thank everyone for donating to the banner. I believe the ticket raffle was a big help, thanks again to WUJU for donating the tickets. We are still accepting donations for the raffle, and today would actually be the last day to donate. We want to raffle them off tomorrow evening hopefully at midnight.

The tickets will be flashseats so we would like you to create an account if you have donated to obtain these tickets.

Please feel free to ask any questions here in this thread, and THANK you all again for everything. We all know that this is the best Cavs community on the internet, this is OUR chance to finally prove it.

GO CAVS!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    94 people like this.
  2. themike

themike 2k All-Star

Could you post a link to the raffle thread or information on the raffle? I would like to get involved but can't find the thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on lebron2010.com

3. Delonte4Life

Delonte4Life Goosey-land

Gave me the chills.

WOW is all I can say. Great job Glen and everyone else who had a hand in this billboard :thumbup:

4. TAS

TAS -____-

Can't wait!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Da_James_Gang

Da_James_Gang Preview Team

That little sneak peak of the billboard looks amazing...

6. BigErieCavsFan

BigErieCavsFan New Member

The sneak peak is blocked for me at work. I can't wait to get home to see it!...

1 person likes this.
  7. wizman23

wizman23 New Member

Fantastic work. I remember reading about the idea for a billboard a few years ago and can't believe we are 3 or 4 days away from showing it off to the entire city of Cleveland. Great job guys.

8. Glen Infante

Glen Infante Founder Staff Member

Just got a call from Channel 3 News. That was fast. :chuckles:

I will be showing them the artwork for the billboard tomorrow at noon.

48 people like this.
  9. theSTEREO.

theSTEREO. The second of his name.

Looks amazing Glen! That's gonna pop so hard, no possible way anyone will miss it.

Did any mention of RealCavsFans, or "Thanks Lebron, from Real Cavs Fans" make it into the final design at all?

10. AanandM7

AanandM7 Missing the 2003 Draft

Congratulations everyone, especially Glen and Ben. Can you imagine all the publicity this site is going to get on a national level? Most importantly, Lebron is going to have to be touched by this gesture from the fans. Tremendous all around effort.

11. JayP146

JayP146 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Do tell us when RCF/LBJ2010 be getting some face time on the local channels, I'll be sure to tune in. :thumbup:

12. Adam

Adam Reading and reacting

Great job Glen, RCF truely making an impact around the city

13. wuck

wuck Hustling on the inside Staff Member

without giving away too much...realcavsfans.com is prominently displayed on the billboard without muddying up glen's artistry and overall message and design.

2 people like this.
  14. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

Even if LeBron does leave, at least we get to keep Glen. Right, Glen?...Glen?...GLEN?!

8 people like this.
  15. WUJU

WUJU Wine and Gold Forever. Staff Member

That is awesome that the media is getting involved so quickly! Love it!

3 people like this.
  16. BlueSeats626

BlueSeats626 Gee-Mail in KG's Inbox

How long does it stay up for?

17. Typhoon

Typhoon Brotherhood of the Sun

That sneak peak looks great Glen. I mean really great! Not just that the banner is finally going up but now you got a clothing line and everything, just because you were a loyal cavs fan and you applied your talent to it THE CAVS CHANGED YOUR LIFE! :king:

Someone PLEASE record the news and upload it to YT. I dont live in Ohio anymore. Old School Rep to whoever does

18. The Common Man

The Common Man New Member

Thats what she said

9 people like this.
  19. Bison11

Bison11 Escaping from New York

Wow....that is all I a can say. Cannot wait to see this downtown. I am so excited right now, I dont know what to do.

20. Soda

Soda Bania'd

I've got chills.

How long will the billboard be hoisted?