1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Are the Knicks for Real?

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by Tornicade, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

They just dispatched the spurs on their way to a 6-0 record. theyve beat philly twice, the heat and the mavs.

2. warddj86

warddj86 Let's try to double wins

No. They will lose to Memphis and come back down.

1 person likes this.
  3. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

I think Amare will ruin it once he returns

1 person likes this.
  4. "Boobie" Gibson

"Boobie" Gibson In the Rotation

They dispatched the Spurs, huh. Interesting choice of words.

But no... the Knicks are bad and they will continue to be bad. Carmelo is shit and no way JR Smith continues to shoot 3's at a fucking 80% clip.

5. Cavatt

Cavatt NBA Starter

Jason Kidd makes the 100x better. Their d looks good too. Have to see

2 people like this.
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Sixth Man

They are playing well, JKidd stabilizes them. Melo is fighting for rebounds and tries a lot harder on defense now. Amare could hurt them when he gets back though, they are playing at such a nice rhythm without him.

7. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Season of Dreams

They have the right kind of old guys, mixed with just enough irrationally confident guys and batshit crazy guys, and a few REALLY good defensive guys...

If healthy I think they are a contender.

All this however, said without Amare even playing yet. If he comes in and listens to vets like JKidd and Camby and plays a role, they are a serious contender.

Felton looks really good again, just like he did before the trade to Denver.

1 person likes this.
  8. gourimoko

gourimoko Fighting the good fight!

But we know how this story ends... ECF game 6 against Miami... we all know who's coming out of the east.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

1 person likes this.
  9. BimboColesHair

BimboColesHair I have multiple sauces

We all know how this plays out...Amare comes back and they start to lose, Melo gets blamed, NY bows out in the 1st round.

10. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

They will be worse when Amare comes back.

11. CavsRules

CavsRules Get Boobied'

Everyone saying they will be worse when Stoudemire comes back, but they also have the option to move Stoudemire if things don't workout when he does return.

I think the Knicks could work well with both Stoudemire and Melo, and I think having Jason Kidd as the point guard is a key for Stoudemire, who hasn't really had an effective point guard since he left the Suns and Steve Nash to join New York.

The market for Amar'e Stoudemire may not be what it once was, but they could still get something for him. I'm sure they are interested to see how well he can play with Kidd, Melo, and company this year, however.

12. CleveRocks

CleveRocks There go the Cavs!

I think they will try to move Amare, or at least they ought to do that.

Anthony has always been a player with terrific skills and shitty focus. It appears that he is more interested in winning that weed this year, and if that holds up, yes they are for real. They beat the Spurs on the road, and that is no small thing.

jason Kidd has made Ray Felton better somehow. I dont understand the dynamic, but what ever it is, works for NY. Also they have played decent defense, although not so much in this game.

I know everybody assumes Miami will be impossible to beat, but I personally think the Knicks and the Griz have the tools to shut down Bosh and Wade, and make Lebron beat them. I dont think its a given.

I also believe the knicks could be a destination for AV, but I am not sure how it will work. There would probably have to be a third party with a decent pick, and it is unclear where the assets come from.

13. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

lol, good luck with that. amare is one of the most untradeable players in the league. he is owed an insane amount of money. at best, they'll swap him for a few more bad contracts...

wrt the knicks: see me in may. lots of teams start off hot, esp when some of their shooters are playing way above expectation. the east is still miami, then a big gap, then the other teams.

14. theshad

theshad In the Rotation

They will not move Amare at all, his contract is awful and any GM that takes it would have to be an idiot.

I also believe they will get worse when Amare returns. It's the same thing that happened last year when Carmelo was out, they have good players they simply don't work together.

15. Tlyons

Tlyons Sixth Man

Is anyone for real after 6 games?

1 person likes this.
  16. jay_em

jay_em i'm THAT dude

THIS!!!

The season is barely (if at all) a month old. The Knicks are playing extremely well to start the season, but as the saying goes its a marathon not a sprint. AND THEN the real season begins and you have to beat a team 4 out of 7 times. When that team is focused exclusively on you.

17. Tlyons

Tlyons Sixth Man

No one is beating the heat anyway. Shane battier is now Reggie miller somehow. Mike miller isn't limping. Oh and rashard Lewis is hitting 3s at a 60% rate. Wtf

18. RikSmits

RikSmits In the Rotation

Is anyone for real after six games? :chuckles:

2 people like this.
  19. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

Knicks have 2 starters from the 2011 nba champions

3 All stars.

7 players on the roster in their primes.

4 15 year vets.

Token international 40 year old rookie from the Spanish league.

The Knicks definitely underachieved last year. A fast start bodes well for this team.

1 person likes this.
  20. RaptorFan

RaptorFan Basketbaaaaaaaaaalll

this is mike woodson coaching the team, he's meant for great seasons. playoff disasters.

2 people like this.