• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Are the Knicks for Real?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tornicade

2018 RBF League Champion
Reaction score
They just dispatched the spurs on their way to a 6-0 record. theyve beat philly twice, the heat and the mavs.

They just dispatched the spurs on their way to a 6-0 record. theyve beat philly twice, the heat and the mavs.

They dispatched the Spurs, huh. Interesting choice of words.

But no... the Knicks are bad and they will continue to be bad. Carmelo is shit and no way JR Smith continues to shoot 3's at a fucking 80% clip.

Jason Kidd makes the 100x better. Their d looks good too. Have to see

They are playing well, JKidd stabilizes them. Melo is fighting for rebounds and tries a lot harder on defense now. Amare could hurt them when he gets back though, they are playing at such a nice rhythm without him.

They have the right kind of old guys, mixed with just enough irrationally confident guys and batshit crazy guys, and a few REALLY good defensive guys...

If healthy I think they are a contender.

All this however, said without Amare even playing yet. If he comes in and listens to vets like JKidd and Camby and plays a role, they are a serious contender.

Felton looks really good again, just like he did before the trade to Denver.

But we know how this story ends... ECF game 6 against Miami... we all know who's coming out of the east.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

We all know how this plays out...Amare comes back and they start to lose, Melo gets blamed, NY bows out in the 1st round.

They will be worse when Amare comes back.

Everyone saying they will be worse when Stoudemire comes back, but they also have the option to move Stoudemire if things don't workout when he does return.

I think the Knicks could work well with both Stoudemire and Melo, and I think having Jason Kidd as the point guard is a key for Stoudemire, who hasn't really had an effective point guard since he left the Suns and Steve Nash to join New York.

The market for Amar'e Stoudemire may not be what it once was, but they could still get something for him. I'm sure they are interested to see how well he can play with Kidd, Melo, and company this year, however.

I think they will try to move Amare, or at least they ought to do that.

Anthony has always been a player with terrific skills and shitty focus. It appears that he is more interested in winning that weed this year, and if that holds up, yes they are for real. They beat the Spurs on the road, and that is no small thing.

jason Kidd has made Ray Felton better somehow. I dont understand the dynamic, but what ever it is, works for NY. Also they have played decent defense, although not so much in this game.

I know everybody assumes Miami will be impossible to beat, but I personally think the Knicks and the Griz have the tools to shut down Bosh and Wade, and make Lebron beat them. I dont think its a given.

I also believe the knicks could be a destination for AV, but I am not sure how it will work. There would probably have to be a third party with a decent pick, and it is unclear where the assets come from.

Everyone saying they will be worse when Stoudemire comes back, but they also have the option to move Stoudemire if things don't workout when he does return.

I think the Knicks could work well with both Stoudemire and Melo, and I think having Jason Kidd as the point guard is a key for Stoudemire, who hasn't really had an effective point guard since he left the Suns and Steve Nash to join New York.

The market for Amar'e Stoudemire may not be what it once was, but they could still get something for him. I'm sure they are interested to see how well he can play with Kidd, Melo, and company this year, however.
lol, good luck with that. amare is one of the most untradeable players in the league. he is owed an insane amount of money. at best, they'll swap him for a few more bad contracts...

wrt the knicks: see me in may. lots of teams start off hot, esp when some of their shooters are playing way above expectation. the east is still miami, then a big gap, then the other teams.

They will not move Amare at all, his contract is awful and any GM that takes it would have to be an idiot.

I also believe they will get worse when Amare returns. It's the same thing that happened last year when Carmelo was out, they have good players they simply don't work together.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."