• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Assistant coaches finalized

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jvl

Rookie
Reaction score
David Blatt is one of the most successful coaches in the world and I am very excited to have him here. However with no NBA experience, it is important that he surround himself with experienced NBA assistants. Any thoughts on who would be good and is available?

Re: Assistant coaches?

I'm just hoping he keeps Jamahl Mosley around.

Supposedly the Cavs want to pair him with Ty Lue but that looks unlikely.

Mark Price and Vinny Del Negro are names that have been linked as well.

I feel like Igor Kokoskov is likely to stick around.

First off, I think it would be a good move to keep Jim Boylan because he can help the transition to the organization, has head coaching experience including as a player-coach in Switzerland forever ago. I know it would be popular to think about Anthony Parker but what role I don't know.

Good thread. With so much going on there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion about our staff. Obviously Del Negro has been rumored and you would have to assume that Price has a good shot (since his interview was obviously for an assistant position), but we haven't heard too much. I wonder how much of the staff Blatt will choose and how much Griffin will have an influence on.

I would love to keep anybody that was on Mike Brown's staff actually. I really liked them.

I would love to keep anybody that was on Mike Brown's staff actually. I really liked them.

Agreed. Mike Brown had a really good staff around him in Boylan, Bickerstaff, Mosley, Kokoskov, Potapenko, & Brielmaier. In fact, Boylan & Bickerstaff are longtime NBA assistants and former head coaches. Hopefully some of these guys are kept around.

Would think Anthony Parker has a good shot to be on the staff.

Seems like they want a young up & comer (Price, Lue have been linked) & an experienced guy (Gentry & Del Negro were also linked) on staff as well.

I'd have to imagine they'd keep at least 1 or 2 around from Brown's staff, even if just for continuity purposes & keeping 1 guy around who knows these guys.

Agreed. Mike Brown had a really good staff around him in Boylan, Bickerstaff, Mosley, Kokoskov, Potapenko, & Brielmaier. In fact, Boylan & Bickerstaff are longtime NBA assistants and former head coaches. Hopefully some of these guys are kept around.

It was said by some that Brown's staff was bloated and responsibilities weren't clearly delineated. Could be wrong about this, but I sensed there was some internal dissension on the staff, not surprising given the slow start the team got off to. Some of these guys, like Bickerstaff, had long personal relationships with Brown.

Adding Mark Price and a former HC to Blatt's staff have got to be priorities.

Anything of worth beyond that is a bonus.

I'd love to see Nate McMillan on here instead of Del Negro.

McMillan, Boylan, Bickerstaff, Mosely, Price, and Parker. That's a pretty good staff.

Does Chauncey Billups have a job? I'd like him on board to mentor Kyrie.

I just hope that douche Bret Brielmaier isn't back, I couldn't stand his halftime interviews.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."