• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice leaked trailer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
That looks pretty terrible.

Also idk if this is right at all but the gist of the plot seems to be that the world has turned on Superman, false god all that. And Batman is going to try to stop/arrest/get him to leave?

Idk.

Also what is the continuity here? Does this take place before Nolan's Batman trilogy? Is it a reboot? Because Superman isn't a reboot. Or is Affleck not supposed to be Bruce Wayne?

I
Also what is the continuity here? Does this take place before Nolan's Batman trilogy? Is it a reboot? Because Superman isn't a reboot. Or is Affleck not supposed to be Bruce Wayne?
unsure but I think you could argue this happens way after nolans films, or completely ignores them. I think batman is pretty old in this film already

Nolan's trilogy doesn't exist in this DCCU. It's after Man of Steel.

This has nothing to do with Nolan's Batman, I don't think. Affleck is playing an older, grizzled veteran Batman. I think the world turns on Superman due to the destruction that his presence brought in the first movie. Basically destroyed the city and killed what would to amount to an absurd amount of people.

I think Batman see's him as reckless because Superman hasn't fine tuned his powers yet and his ability to keep innocent people safe while fighting evil. I think it's the typical, dudes fighting and then develop a respect for each other afterwards. I think this trailer looks awesome. Affleck has redeemed himself the last several years Directing some great movies and putting in some very good acting performances. He seems up to the task here. The Batman voice is amazing in this trailer. It was ridiculous in the Nolan films.

How would Batman even stand a chance against a man made out of steel that can literally fly?

Unrealistic.

It's not ridiculous if you follow Batman in the comic books. He's a fucking beast.

If you want to go find out the story, go read Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." A lot of this film is inspired by that.

For what it's worth, I think this will be awesome. That shot of Batman in the exosuit is amazing.

If you want to go find out the story, go read Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." A lot of this film is inspired by that.

For what it's worth, I think this will be awesome. That shot of Batman in the exosuit is amazing.

If Batman is trying to bring down Superman, it seems like the opposite of The Dark Knight Returns. It also doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense, as both guys seem to have similar motives. It made since in Returns because, in that continuity, Superman had become a government tool late in his life, and then the government ordered him to take down Batman. I don't really see how it would work the other way around, as it's never been in Batman's character to work well with anyone, and especially with anyone who would be considered above him in the hierarchy.

So I guess I just don't really understand why he'd be trying to take down Superman. It doesn't make any sense unless Superman turns evil or something, which I guess is possible, but kind of silly to do after only one movie.

If Batman is trying to bring down Superman, it seems like the opposite of The Dark Knight Returns. It also doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense, as both guys seem to have similar motives. It made since in Returns because, in that continuity, Superman had become a government tool late in his life, and then the government ordered him to take down Batman. I don't really see how it would work the other way around, as it's never been in Batman's character to work well with anyone, and especially with anyone who would be considered above him in the hierarchy.

So I guess I just don't really understand why he'd be trying to take down Superman. It doesn't make any sense unless Superman turns evil or something, which I guess is possible, but kind of silly to do after only one movie.

Well yeah, I don't think it's going to be a one to one copy.

The end of Man of Steel indicated that Superman didn't want much involvement with the government, so they probably won't go that route.

Some people were suggesting that Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor would be on the same side as billionaires rebuilding the world that Superman destroyed. I could see Lex being the one behind the smear campaign against Superman, who from the trailer seems to have gained god status from some who seem to worship him as a savior.

Maybe Batman is trying to find out what Superman's intentions really are? Then once he finds out he's okay they team up, along with the other superheros, to defeat Lex in the future movies.

Lego Batman being brought to a live action movie is more than worth it. Some of y'all take this shit too seriously, this looks like it will be a wonderful 2 hour escape full of drawn-out whomp sounds, darkened explosions, and barely audible Batman dialogue.

Batman with prep time > Superman without...

You guys gotta understand that in both Marvel and DC the most dangerous guys, are generally the smartest. Bruce Wayne is genius level intelligent. He can outthink Superman on any given day. For the same reasons that Doctor Doom can fight the entire Fantastic Four without any powers and potentially win, Batman can fight Superman.

I could totally see Batman being motivated to stalk Superman, learn his weakness to Kryptonite on his own, and totally fucking level him.

Hoping for the best, and I did like the last movie although, I'm a bit skeptical this will be all that great mainly due to Affleck being Batman.

Last edited:
How would Batman even stand a chance against a man made out of steel that can literally fly?

Unrealistic.

I won't go to the theater to watch this for fear of getting kicked out for yelling shit at the screen. All Superman needs to do is get a hold of Batman once and it's over. The whole movie I'll be thinking why doesn't he just pick up Batman and fly him into space? Grab him once and twist off his head like a bottle cap. Why not fly into the Batmobile going Mach5 and vaporize him? Shoot his cock off with your laser eyes. Freeze him with your supercold breath and then punch him once into a kajillion peices. If i were Superman i'd beat Batman 1,000,000 out of 1,000,000 times.

Oh no, here comes the baterang...get that weak shit outta here. Dude has no powers. Superman is invincible unless you feed him a bowl of Kryptonite. It will be a miracle to make this movie good.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."