• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Battle for the AL Central Pt. III -|- Indians @ Tigers -|- Sept. 12th, 13th, and 14th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Battle for the AL Central Pt. III -- 2014 Series #47
lgo_mlb_cleveland_indians
list.jpg

Cleveland Indians (76-69) vs. Detroit Tigers (80-66)

Live from Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan

Comerica-Park.jpg

Pitching Matchups

Game #1 -- September 12th, 2014 at 7:08 PM
8185.png
i

Carlos Carrasco (7-4); 2.69 ERA; 104 K vs. David Price (13-11); 3.33 ERA; 243 K

Game #2 -- September 13th, 2014 at 7:08 PM
9456.png
i

Danny Salazar (6-7); 4.19 ERA; 96 K vs. Kyle Lobstein (1-0); 2.78 ERA; 16 K

Game #3 -- September 14th, 2014 at 1:08 PM
TBS-baseball.jpg

9122.png
7590.png

Trevor Bauer (5-8); 4.12 ERA; 132 K vs. Justin Verlander (13-12); 4.82 ERA; 143 K

Projected Lineups
-| Please note lineups are a projection done at the beginning of the series and may not be entirely accurate for all games -|

Cleveland

Bourn - Ramirez - Brantley - Santana - Kipnis - Gomes - Chisenhall - Walters - Holt

Detroit

Kinsler - Hunter - Cabrera - V. Martinez - J. Martinez - Castellanos - Avila - Suarez - Davis

7-3 on this final road trip puts them in a good position for the final week of the season

I don't think a sweep is a must, but a series win definitely is. They cannot afford to lose ground. Also of note, Oakland/Seattle have a three game series, so they have a chance to gain on two of their three competitors for the Wild Cards.

If this team is gonna make the playoffs, it'll be as the second wild card. But the way I see it we need to win close to 80% of our games from here on in to make it a reality.

For Detroit.
believe...this is Clevelands specialty...when everyone writes them off they come through...when everyone says they are going to be great or win it all they choke

believe...this is Clevelands specialty...when everyone writes them off they come through...when everyone says they are going to be great or win it all they choke
That's why Detroit sweep.

Sweep or the season is over. Otherwise, no one will show up to the games after this.

Reactions: AZ_
Remember how sparkly all the team ERAs looked just last week? One bad start later for both Salazar and a mediocre one for Bauer and both are back over 4.... that was good enough back in the 2000s but not int he 20-Aughts....

Down 3-1.... Carrasco was doing great until Cabera hit him with a liner back up the middle, he then had a hiccup and gave up the 3 runs. Price is being Price.

I can't believe they are getting dominated by Detroit in a big game.

Didn't really expect to beat Price. Next 2 games are very winnable.

Tonight is a big one. Get this one and go for the series win tomorrow.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."