• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ben McLemore

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Reynolds

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub
Reaction score
Hypothetically would you guys swap Waiters for McLemore?

I think it's a pretty even talent swap. Dion is a much better ball handler and is definitely smoother with the ball in his hands.

That being said I think Ben McLemore has beautiful mechanics on his jumper, Waiters does not.

I know LeBron is a big fan of his, plus I happen to think Ben Mc's style of play would gel better with our guys.

I don't know, my feeling is this: We've already got everything we need from a scoring standpoint; we have a nasty big-3 and supporting role-players.

I don't think Dion is necessarily a supporting role player. We are getting significantly more contribution from a player like Delly.

Fuck what the numbers say; people rack up stats. Delly doesn't rack up stats, but anyone who knows one fuck about the game of basketball can see that he's a huge contributor; and he does things that don't show up in a stat sheet.

I don't know guys, I feel that we have everything we need, and Dion kinda plays like a young Monta Ellis or Ben Gordon. We don't need that style of player here.

We need transition athletes, and spot up shooters. McLemore does both of those things extremely well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for beautiful jump shots. My mind's eye can see both he and Brad Beal swishing a timely jumper because their form is so tight.

I'm clearly ready to ditch Dion because I feel his game doesn't fit here; and his basketball intangibles are pretty low. His talent is very very high, but his intangibles don't scream championship player to me. I just want a guy who can do his fucking job no questions asked and blend into the team concept.

I think Ben McLeMore is that guy. I'd surrender an asset to make this swap, McLemore is more explosive in the open court; way more explosive, John-Wall explosive, significantly better looking jumper, just a better fit for what we're trying to do.

Sacramento is doomed, they are in a complete tail-spin and now is the chance to off-load Dion and all of the baggage that comes with him.

How can we make it work? TPE's, expirings, picks, you guys tell me; I'm not savvy with that shit.

Cavs reportedly had some interest in him in the 2013 draft under the Grant regime.

I think there may be questions as to whether McLemore would grasp the Blatt offense.

That said, the obvious deal is Waiters straight up for McLemore -- which is a legal trade. Who knows what they are thinking in Sacramento at this point? I wouldn't give up anything else for him, because I would prefer a more established (though not old) wing player. Still not really sure what you have with McLemore, who is only 21.

All you need to know about McLemore is that they drafted Stauskas the very next year.

I don't think Dion is going anywhere.

He's just one of those players who the media will always assume teams are looking to trade or is problematic on teams rosters.

Ben has actually improved quite significantly from last years epicly bad season. He's shooting the ball pretty dang well and his defense has kicked up a few notches. I would quite easily trade Dion for him. @Randolphkeys is right that Sac really didn't have much faith in him after last years disaster, but I do like his combination of shooting and athleticism; he also plays strictly off the ball and in transition which is kind of what we need our of our starting two guard.

That being said it would be like a punch in the gut to see Dion traded to the other team I like. I don't think or hope Sacramento has any interest in Dion. Sacramento needs a much better point guard and another forward. I would personally like to see sac move gay to pf and acquire another athletic small forward that can shoot.

Last edited:
His unsustainably great three point shooting this year has gotten him all the way up to a 10 PER, still lower than struggling Dion.

His unsustainably great three point shooting this year has gotten him all the way up to a 10 PER, still lower than struggling Dion.
Per is not the be all of stats. Ben is doing a great job of playing within his role; the same can't be said about dion waiters.

Per doesn't do that well of a job of taking scoring efficiency into consideration. You will get a better score by just scoring a lot in a short amount of time efficiency be damn.

You also can't say with certainty that his shooting numbers will regress. These current numbers aren't other worldly. They are more in line with what he did in college and more or less what was expected in the pros.

I'm not following what Keys is getting at? Stauskas is a PG correct? And isn't Ben McLemore a 2?

Love the conversation on here, highly respect all of your opinions, but if LeBron James sees something in this kid; I'm going with his opinion.

I'm not following what Keys is getting at? Stauskas is a PG correct? And isn't Ben McLemore a 2?

Love the conversation on here, highly respect all of your opinions, but if LeBron James sees something in this kid; I'm going with his opinion.

I have only watched one Kings game this year, and that was with Boogie playing, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe McLemore is a strict 2 guard and Stauskas is a 2/3. I think the Kings drafted Stauskas with the knowledge that he would develop into a starting wing while McLemore could either be moved or come off the bench as a 3&D guy.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."