• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best Pizza In Northeast Ohio

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

godfather

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I love Pizza. Last night, I had the second best pizza I've ever had in this area. I had Farinacci's last night for the first time.

I got to admit, I wasn't expecting much. I've had a lot of pizza in this area, and almost all of them disappoint me. Some I find at least tolerable.

But holy cow, this pizza was damn good. Nothing fancy about it. It looks like ordinary pizza, it doesn't knock you out of your socks when looking at it. But once you take a bite, it's like an orgasm in your mouth. Holy shit. The pepperoni is incredible! The cheese explodes with flavor. Great crust, very good. Good pizza is all about the crust. Not the best crust I've ever had, but very good.

So I want some opinions on good pizza in this neck of the woods. Farinacci's impressed me.

I love Pizza. Last night, I had the second best pizza I've ever had in this area. I had Farinacci's last night for the first time.

I got to admit, I wasn't expecting much. I've had a lot of pizza in this area, and almost all of them disappoint me. Some I find at least tolerable.

But holy cow, this pizza was damn good. Nothing fancy about it. It looks like ordinary pizza, it doesn't knock you out of your socks when looking at it. But once you take a bite, it's like an orgasm in your mouth. Holy shit. The pepperoni is incredible! The cheese explodes with flavor. Great crust, very good. Good pizza is all about the crust. Not the best crust I've ever had, but very good.

So I want some opinions on good pizza in this neck of the woods. Farinacci's impressed me.

I love pizza too; Italian food in general... You won't find anything good any further west than Ohio though.. Chicago pizza is trash and out here people think of pizza as some kind of canvas for any random ingredient. Hawaii is awful for pizza too..

Be glad you live in the Midwest. Best food in America.

Angelos deep dish. Gots to go deep! End of conversation. Close it.

If you're willing to spend a little extra, Vero in Cleveland Heights is fantastic. They imported their oven from Italy and make classic Neapolitan style pizzas. The margherita pizza is just dough, San Marzano tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil, drizzled with a little olive oil, and baked in the oven for like 90 seconds until the crust has a really nice charred outside and soft inside. Very traditional style of pizza. It's awesome. Plus, they have a gelato case, so you don't need to venture out after for dessert.

Last edited:
Danny Boys.
But I think I need to try Mellow Mushroom.

I love pizza too; Italian food in general... You won't find anything good any further west than Ohio though.. Chicago pizza is trash and out here people think of pizza as some kind of canvas for any random ingredient. Hawaii is awful for pizza too..

Be glad you live in the Midwest. Best food in America.

Chicago get's hailed as one of the best pizzas in America, I was never enamored with it personally. I'm sure there are some great Italian restaurants in Chicago. I know my mother speaks highly of a few, since she spends a great amount of time in Chicago. But even she agrees, there's better pizza she's had here, than there.

They just open up a place called Fire Pizza, I'm hesitant to try it. I love the old school brick ovens though. But I don't know if the pizza itself will be any good.

I'm a pizza snob. Once you've had pizza you deem really good, the others just seem like trash to me.

If you're willing to spend a little extra, Vero in Cleveland Heights is fantastic. They imported their oven from Italy and make classic Neapolitan style pizzas. The margherita pizza is just dough, San Marzano tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil, drizzled with a little olive oil, and baked in the oven for like 90 seconds until the crust has a really nice charred outside and soft inside. Very traditional style of pizza. It's fantastic. Plus, they have a gelato case, so you don't need to venture out after for dessert.

Now that sounds very interesting. I'll have to give it a try if I'm in the area.

Danny Boys.
But I think I need to try Mellow Mushroom.

Just googled it, it does look impressive.

348s.jpg

Anyone have recommendations in the Green/Uniontown area?

I have heard good things about Guiseppe's...never had it...also never had Zeppe's or Romeo's. I hate living 20-30 minutes away from everything. My go-to is Bob's Pizza. It is attached to a car wash.

Danny Boy's is pretty good but every time I've been there, the wait has been pretty ridiculous, even when not ordering the Chicago-style. I have a buddy from Chicago that I took there, he said it's better than some "real" Chicago pies, not as good as the best though.

I don't know if I'd like Danny Boy's. So it's a deep-dish pizza? Given it's comparable, I take it is.

Not a fan of deep-dish, but I'm always open minded.

Kinda off-topic, but Skip Bayless has a famous brother, that has a famous Mexican restaurant in Chicago. I never knew he had a famous brother chef.

She didn't know they were related either. She said it was in the top-3 best places she'd ever eaten at.

My favorites on the west side are Angelos & Peppers in Lakewood, and Sweet Basil in Westlake. I lived in Chicago for ~5 years and I too am not a huge fan of Chicago deep dish, but I liked Lou Malnati's the best.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."