• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best way to watch the Cavs this season?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MirORich

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I live on the West Coast and for much of the past 4 years have just gone the streaming route via the usual sites. Wasn't going to drop a ton of money for games that started while I was still at work from a team that was losing so much. Still watched part or all of most games, just with all the usual hiccups of stream sites.

This year obviously is different. With the amount of time I've joined you all in obsessing over the offseason through all the successful safaris, I want to reward/justify that experience with a quality and comprehensive following of the Cavs this year. So this year, it's goodbye to all the TV serials and hello to 82 games of the Cavs.

What is my best option and how do some of them differ?

I don't have traditional cable at the moment, should I look into NBATV(do they offer that through AppleTV) or NBA League Pass Broadband? If I do that, will the 25 National Games be blacked out? Also, do any of those packages include NBA Radio? I had Sirius in my new car for a few months and they had a channel for every NBA game, which was nice(up until the chokejob in Atlanta)

Opinions on this will be mcuh appreciated. So many people gunning for the GP, here's a chance to gain some "likes". I'll like any post in this thread that even remotely addresses the questions and to the 2-3 answers I like the most, I'll just rep-whore you with likes until people start to call into question the nature of our relationship.

Past year (I mean who else was excited?) I swallowed hard and just gotta cable + leaguepass.

Before that I just had league pass broadband and would stream (TNT overdrive and it's shitty camera angles + WatchESPN + your favorite sites for the NBATV games) /go to bars for the other games.

Something called Ballstreams is all the rage now though, I may look into this year, but between CFB, NFL and CBB, I might just hold my breath and go the cable+leaguepass route again

I live on the West Coast and for much of the past 4 years have just gone the streaming route via the usual sites. Wasn't going to drop a ton of money for games that started while I was still at work from a team that was losing so much. Still watched part or all of most games, just with all the usual hiccups of stream sites.

This year obviously is different. With the amount of time I've joined you all in obsessing over the offseason through all the successful safaris, I want to reward/justify that experience with a quality and comprehensive following of the Cavs this year. So this year, it's goodbye to all the TV serials and hello to 82 games of the Cavs.

What is my best option and how do some of them differ?

I don't have traditional cable at the moment, should I look into NBATV(do they offer that through AppleTV) or NBA League Pass Broadband? If I do that, will the 25 National Games be blacked out? Also, do any of those packages include NBA Radio? I had Sirius in my new car for a few months and they had a channel for every NBA game, which was nice(up until the chokejob in Atlanta)

Opinions on this will be mcuh appreciated. So many people gunning for the GP, here's a chance to gain some "likes". I'll like any post in this thread that even remotely addresses the questions and to the 2-3 answers I like the most, I'll just rep-whore you with likes until people start to call into question the nature of our relationship.

I am actually looking at getting NBA League Pass, because I would like to watch this high quality team with high quality streams. Though, I'd prefer to go in on it with other people. Isn't it expensive?

I've had NBALP Broadband for the last several years. The service is...inconsistent. Lots of freezing and shit. If you have a game console and sign in through the NBA Gametime App, that is a good option. Minimal freezing. HD quality. But from the laptop? Yikes. You cannot watch the NBA TV games on NBALP. I suspect you cannot watch the ESPN/TNT games on there either, although I've never tried.

NBATV is a cool channel, but if you don't have cable I don't know how you'd get access to it. Regardless, we only have a small handful of games on NBATV this year, so if you're looking to spend as little as possible, you shouldn't pursue this.

Heard lots of good things about ballstreams, although I've never tried it myself. Mainly because I enjoyed being able to play the games live in HD through my Xbox 360 via the NBA Gametime App (NBALP sub needed).

I am actually looking at getting NBA League Pass, because I would like to watch this high quality team with high quality streams. Though, I'd prefer to go in on it with other people. Isn't it expensive?
Yeah it's $120 for the season for 5 teams of your choosing. You can share the account with multiple people. I can confirm this as I've done it for several years now.

I've had NBALP Broadband for the last several years. The service is...inconsistent. Lots of freezing and shit. If you have a game console and sign in through the NBA Gametime App, that is a good option. Minimal freezing. HD quality. But from the laptop? Yikes. You cannot watch the NBA TV games on NBALP. I suspect you cannot watch the ESPN/TNT games on there either, although I've never tried.

NBATV is a cool channel, but if you don't have cable I don't know how you'd get access to it. Regardless, we only have a small handful of games on NBATV this year, so if you're looking to spend as little as possible, you shouldn't pursue this.

Heard lots of good things about ballstreams, although I've never tried it myself. Mainly because I enjoyed being able to play the games live in HD through my Xbox 360 via the NBA Gametime App (NBALP sub needed).
Ballstreams is the way to go. League Pass broadband is garbage.

Can ballstreams be viewed on a phone? Is it just like atdhe or firstrow? I used Veetle a TON when LBJ was firs ton the Cavs. That shit had amazing HD streams.

I'm considering signing up for Ballstreams this year, just need to buy a Chromecast or Roku. I don't have cable, so I'd hate to miss the games on ESPN, NBATV and TNT.

Ballstreams is the way to go. League Pass broadband is garbage.

Is Ballstreams something that would even be in danger of being shut down or having awful speed/buffering? I have no problem using non-official means to watch all the games, I just don't want my chief source to get shut down 60% through the season.

Is Ballsrtreams something that would even be in danger of being shut down or having awful speed/buffering? I have no problem using non-official means to watch all the games, I just don't want my chief source to get shut down 60% through the season.
I've heard of some issues with a bit of lag on heavily viewed games, which unfortunately all of our games will be. I've only used it a few times, so someone like gour or RonG I think have bought it.

Is Ballstreams something that would even be in danger of being shut down or having awful speed/buffering? I have no problem using non-official means to watch all the games, I just don't want my chief source to get shut down 60% through the season.
I was a little scared of ballstreams last year, but it's still standing.

I'll be getting NBALP Broadband and watching through my 360 again. That's my recommendation if you have a console. Safe and good quality.

Although, to Nate's point, NBALP blocks National TV games. But I have cable so that's not an issue for me.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."