• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bills Updates: Pick Watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
@caplannfl: "We have learned tonight that Kiko Alonso injured his knee while working out in Oregon...

@caplannfl: ...We do not have the details at this point, but early indications are that it may be significant."

@caplannfl: Alonso was recovering well from his hip labrum surgery. Was being moved to WLB this season in new 4-3 d.

Never want to see injury, but that 1st pick just potentially climbed a few spots. Losing Byrd, and potentially Alonso? New scheme, new defensive coaches, lost Moats as well. Figured we could keep tabs on them here.

Last edited:
Yeah, they have a lot of distractions too. People jockeying to buy the team, rumors of the team moving, the cheerleader lawsuit.. They're not normally a national story like they are now. Lost Carrington as well and traded away Stevie Johnson for peanuts. Sammy Watkins is a nice add, but immediate stars at that position aren't something to count on. They added nicely to the OLine and I'm sure they can run the ball, which takes pressure off of EJ Manuel. Their defense has been gutted. It's hard to imagine them improving on 6-10. They look worse to me, and that division doesn't offer much of a break either.

Ill be rooting against them hard sadly. I like the Bills and Kiko is fantastic, but Browns come first. Good thread.

Fuck Kiko Alonso, I still maintain that hit on Hoyer was dirty. So payback is a bitch.

Fuck Kiko Alonso, I still maintain that hit on Hoyer was dirty. So payback is a bitch.

I agree! I have always thought that. It was a bad slide by Hoyer, but I thought he was well into it and Alonso launched low at him. I couldn't believe nobody even entertained the thought that it was dirty. I figured I must be just looking at it through Browns colored glasses.

@AdamSchefter: Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.

Again, never want to see a guy hurt, but they may have lost their most important player on defense.

Holy shit...

With or without Alonso, the Bills were going to struggle this season.

Would be nice to have a top 15 pick next year along with what should be our own 32nd pick. :thumbup:

Would be nice to have a top 15 pick next year along with what should be our own 32nd pick. :thumbup:

if the browns are picking at 32 i wouldnt give a shit where the bills pick is.. fuck 30 would be absolutely okay

With or without Alonso, the Bills were going to struggle this season.

If Manuel can stay healthy, that offense will put up numbers. I predicted 8-8 for them this season before this injury and I don't think I'm going to change that prediction. They weren't going to stop anyone with Kiko due to all the turnover this offseason, but I think their offense will win them games against some of the lousy teams they play this season.

A few of my friends are Bills fans so I watched them quite a bit last year. Marrone's offensive system looked really nice at times with EJ under center.

If Manuel can stay healthy, that offense will put up numbers. I predicted 8-8 for them this season before this injury and I don't think I'm going to change that prediction. They weren't going to stop anyone with Kiko due to all the turnover this offseason, but I think their offense will win them games against some of the lousy teams they play this season.

A few of my friends are Bills fans so I watched them quite a bit last year. Marrone's offensive system looked really nice at times with EJ under center.

8-8 is very possible. I'd go 7-9 if you put a gun to my head. Truth be told I'd be very happy with that draft pick.

Their schedule is extremely rough and this is a huge blow. We could potentially see a Washington Redskins-like return on this pick (top 5).

Nah... 5-11 seems inevitable. Nasty looking schedule - NFC North and AFC West, @Houston, a LOSS on Nov 30... I dont see it. They would probably have to finish 2nd in that division/clean up against the Jets and Dolphins. Key losses to FA, injuries.

Hello top 5 pick?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."