• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Blazers looking to trade their picks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SOA

Banned
Reaction score
Plus, management has no interest in four rookies showing at training camp, counting Portland's own second-round pick and the one from Houston in the Camby trade that also netted Jonny Flynn and Hasheem Thabeet. The Blazers can even see not spending both No. 1s in June. Instead, the first-rounders will be dangled. "That's definitely something that would be appealing for us," said Chad Buchanan, the acting general manager. "A big part of acquiring that pick (from the Nets), we realize that there'll be value not only to us in the draft but also to other teams where you might be able to flip that high pick into a proven player that is ready to help your team now.​

Them or the Bucks seem like a potential destination for Varejao to acquire another lottery pick.

Unless we are moving up, no reason to get the picks. We dont need 4 rookies either, a 2nd lottery pick would be nice for the lakers pick and AV

I wonder if Toronto would trade their lottery pick for AV + lakers first + our second? Actually I doubt they would do that.

money-briefcase.jpg

However, with the purchase or any acquisition of a Blazers pick, do we acquire the luck ?

nba_g_odeng_576.jpg

63499843-ce0259d30846f9698f13874e2cd58b1f.4b6e267e-scaled.jpg

Sam-Bowie1-418x500.jpg

Unless we are moving up, no reason to get the picks. We dont need 4 rookies either, a 2nd lottery pick would be nice for the lakers pick and AV

Wait.

I thought that's what we actually want? That's what rebuilds are about, young, hungry, energetic players. I'll take 4 rookies all day over AP, Boobie, Casspi, and Erden.

We're not in the running of a championship, maybe not the playoffs either. We need to grow, 4 rookies is a step in the right direction for a team like us.

My ridiculous, but would be awesome to see, trade scenario (that might actually benefit all teams)...

I was thinking of a few ways to satisfy a few teams with the following in mind:

- Cleveland wants picks, willing to take on salary
- Portland willing to deal their first round pick from NJ and wanting players to win now
- Golden State would love to shed Andris Biedrins overpaid contract
- OKC might lose James Harden the following season (probably will get max contract)

Here is my proposed trade with picks involved (for some reason every time I tried to include Omri Casspi the trade machine messed up, so I photoshopped him in):

DPeOL.jpg

- Portland gets Varajao and Harden, that's a good way to win now, Cleveland 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal
- Golden State dumps Biedrins and gains an expiring in Kurt Thomas and a young wing in Casspi to replace Wright
- Cavs get rid of Casspi
- OKC softens the potential blow in losing Harden by locking up Matthews for the next 3 years and gets a three point shooter in Wright and the LA Lakers 1st round pick to sweeten the deal
- Cleveland in return for taking on salary, gets another lottery pick

I decided to run the lottery and post the first result (rather than refreshing to my favor), simulating this will be the outcome:

occXS.jpg

Cavs draft Bradley Beal at #4 (from Portland) and take Perry Jones at #8 just like the draft predicts. Could take Sullinger, McAdoo, or Zeller here if the Cavs decide to go big, but I think I'll take my chances on Jones at #8.

Cavs draft Fab Melo with NOH 2nd round pick at #33.

New line-ups:

Portland

Felton (resigned)/Flynn/Smith
Harden/Crawford
Batum (resigned)
Aldridge/Hickson
Varajao/Tyler Zeller (#11 pick)

Golden State

who cares, they basically just dumped Biedrins and gained Casspi to replace Wright and use their first round pick via San Antonio on a big man or swingman

Oklahoma City

replace Harden with Matthews, add Wright off the bench for depth, and draft Tony Wroten Jr. with LA Lakers pick to back-up Westbrook, and then draft Mason Plumlee with their own first round pick

CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVELAND!!!!

Kyrie Irving
Bradley Beal
Perry Jones
Tristan Thompson
Fab Melo

:thumbup:

one can dream

Last edited:
My ridiculous, but would be awesome to see, trade scenario (that might actually benefit all teams)...

I was thinking of a few ways to satisfy a few teams with the following in mind:

- Cleveland wants picks, willing to take on salary
- Portland willing to deal their first round pick from NJ and wanting players to win now
- Golden State would love to shed Andris Biedrins overpaid contract
- OKC might lose James Harden the following season (probably will get max contract)

Here is my proposed trade with picks involved (for some reason every time I tried to include Omri Casspi the trade machine messed up, so I photoshopped him in):

DPeOL.jpg

- Portland gets Varajao and Harden, that's a good way to win now, Cleveland 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal
- Golden State dumps Biedrins and gains an expiring in Kurt Thomas and a young wing in Casspi to replace Wright
- Cavs get rid of Casspi
- OKC softens the potential blow in losing Harden by locking up Matthews for the next 3 years and gets a three point shooter in Wright and the LA Lakers 1st round pick to sweeten the deal
- Cleveland in return for taking on salary, gets another lottery pick

I decided to run the lottery and post the first result (rather than refreshing to my favor), simulating this will be the outcome:

occXS.jpg

Cavs draft Bradley Beal at #4 (from Portland) and take Perry Jones at #8 just like the draft predicts. Could take Sullinger, McAdoo, or Zeller here if the Cavs decide to go big, but I think I'll take my chances on Jones at #8.

Cavs draft Fab Melo with NOH 2nd round pick at #33.

New line-ups:

Portland

Felton (resigned)/Flynn/Smith
Harden/Crawford
Batum (resigned)
Aldridge/Hickson
Varajao/Tyler Zeller (#11 pick)

Golden State

who cares, they basically just dumped Biedrins and gained Casspi to replace Wright and use their first round pick via San Antonio on a big man or swingman

Oklahoma City

replace Harden with Matthews, add Wright off the bench for depth, and draft Tony Wroten Jr. with LA Lakers pick to back-up Westbrook, and then draft Mason Plumlee with their own first round pick

CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVELAND!!!!

Kyrie Irving
Bradley Beal
Perry Jones
Tristan Thompson
Fab Melo

:thumbup:

one can dream

Portland would cream their pants. And we take on way too much salary to move up what, 10 spots or so? Plus we give up Varejao for no reason.

Edit: Didn't realize you meant for New Jersey's pick. Still not worth it if you ask me.

Here's an interesting one though. Say we are able to make a trade (presumably involving Varejao) for Portland's pick (not New Jersey). And we continue to blow and end up with picks 5 and 11. Top 4 goes Davis, MKG, Drummond, Robinson. Pick A or B:

A. Harrison Barnes and Jeremy Lamb

B. Brad Beal and Tyler Zeller

Give me A all day.

there is no way in hell OKC gives up a developing lottery pick in Harden

One thing that hurts the Cavaliers in regards to dealing with the Blazers is that Portland doesn't really have any bad contracts except maybe Matthews who has taken a step back this year.

Varejao + the Lakers pick for Matthews + Nets pick could work for both teams. Varejao pairs up incredibly well with a scoring big like Aldridge and Matthews would be the best wing player on the Cavs team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."