• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Blazers players worried LaMarcus Aldridge will leave

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I would be too after that craptastic effort last night.

Called this one in the playoff thread yesterday.

Guy is a beast... Best power forward in the league. Sucks for Lillard though, and I never root for small markets to lose their franchise players.

Sucks all around...

Guy is a beast... Best power forward in the league. Sucks for Lillard though, and I never root for small markets to lose their franchise players.

Sucks all around...

I'd still take a few guys over him like Davis or Love but he is incredibly well-rounded, probably moreso than any other PF in the game right now. I don't see the allure of going to L.A. considering how much of shit show they've been exposed as the last few years. I simply don't think it carries as much status to be a Laker any more as it used to, with the way the organization has handled themselves since dr. Buss departed.

I'd still take a few guys over him like Davis

I stand corrected on Davis.. Totally slipped my mind.

No. Definitely not.

And this is nothing against Love; because I've been saying this for awhile, even when I was pimping the idea of trading for Love (before we were considering trading Wiggins).

But Aldridge is the better player, IMHO, just as Steph is the better player between him and Kyrie. And everyone knows how much I rep Kyrie.

but he is incredibly well-rounded, probably moreso than any other PF in the game right now.

Totally..

I don't see the allure of going to L.A. considering how much of shit show they've been exposed as the last few years. I simply don't think it carries as much status to be a Laker any more as it used to, with the way the organization has handled themselves since dr. Buss departed.

Going to L.A. instantly turns someone like Aldridge into a national superstar and gives them immediate attention from marketing firms.

The allure of L.A. is the additional revenue one can earn simply by playing for the Lakers - and even though the Clips are nowhere near the Lakers in fanbase, look at how much advertising dollars flows through the Clippers franchise..

I live in L.A. and folks here are solidly Lakers fans, even though the Clippers have been the better team. Most of them don't care, probably because of how good the Lakers have been historically..

It's all about the Lakers in L.A.

Sucks all around...

Are we discounting Davis as a power forward? I love Alridge though, I am a huge fan of his. He's clearly better than Blake Griffin, no debate about it. Really good player. Better than Kevin? This year he has been.

I don't see where Aldridge is going to go. I mean, he's going to leave Portland, because he's not happy with the direction of the team?

I have no idea where he'll go, where there's a better direction available. Knicks, and Lakers are terrible. Sure, the Celtics have promise, but it's not like they'd seriously become a title contender even with him aboard.

I think he stays. I just hope players aren't delusional over the allure of the Lakers myth, and realize that team sucks balls, and will for a long time.

Knicks are a joke. I think we've seen careers go to waste there, any cache they had, should be out the door right now.

I hope he stays, I think it'd be a mistake on his part to leave.

I stand corrected on Davis.. Totally slipped my mind.

No. Definitely not.

And this is nothing against Love; because I've been saying this for awhile, even when I was pimping the idea of trading for Love (before we were considering trading Wiggins).

But Aldridge is the better player, IMHO, just as Steph is the better player between him and Kyrie. And everyone knows how much I rep Kyrie.

Totally..

Going to L.A. instantly turns someone like Aldridge into a national superstar and gives them immediate attention from marketing firms.

The allure of L.A. is the additional revenue one can earn simply by playing for the Lakers - and even though the Clips are nowhere near the Lakers in fanbase, look at how much advertising dollars flows through the Clippers franchise..

I live in L.A. and folks here are solidly Lakers fans, even though the Clippers have been the better team. Most of them don't care, probably because of how good the Lakers have been historically..

It's all about the Lakers in L.A.

I can see your point with Love and taking him over Aldridge for me is more based on how he would fit on the cavs, honestly. I like Loves passing, rebounding and 3-point shooting more than I like Aldridge's athleticism, defense and more polished low post play. Now admittedly I have not seen a great deal of Portland this year so my evaluation of his game could be completely off but that's at least how i remember him: knockdown mid-range jumper, quick feet in the post and able to run the floor, while having the quickness to stay in front of smaller players on defense as well as keeping himself from getting backed down in the post.

The Lakers just seems like such a dead-end franchise on the outside to me right now, and they've looked like that since the flop with Dwight and Nash.... I just don't see self respecting athletes going there anymore, when they don't seem to have that knack for success that they used to have.

Are we discounting Davis as a power forward?

See Blommen's post and my own above yours..

I love Alridge though, I am a huge fan of his. He's clearly better than Blake Griffin, no debate about it. Really good player. Better than Kevin? This year he has been.

He's always been better than Kevin Love... c'mon.. let's not do this in yet another thread.

I don't see where Aldridge is going to go. I mean, he's going to leave Portland, because he's not happy with the direction of the team?

Yeah... I would. There's tons of teams that would offer him a max contract.

I have no idea where he'll go, where there's a better direction available. Knicks, and Lakers are terrible.

Knicks with Aldridge would be a force. Melo is very much in Kyrie's situation from last year - he needs help.

Lakers have space, a top pick, Kobe and Randle. It's also the most storied franchise in the NBA with the largest fanbase.

Dunno why folks keep discounting that fact.

Sure, the Celtics have promise, but it's not like they'd seriously become a title contender even with him aboard.

I don't think the Celtics are a legit option.

I think he stays.

I doubt it.

I just hope players aren't delusional over the allure of the Lakers myth, and realize that team sucks balls, and will for a long time.

Dunno what to say about this, so I'll leave the Lakers stuff alone.. Folks really don't get how many Lakers fans there really are, and that team has assets and space.

They could trade Randle, draft a top pick, sign Aldridge and someone else and field a squad.

Do I think that gets out of the West? Probably not, but Aldridge would be in a better situation I think.

Knicks are a joke. I think we've seen careers go to waste there, any cache they had, should be out the door right now.

I disagree... Knicks are no worse run than the Cavs were. We were a terribly run franchise, just ask Luol Deng.

Look at us now.

I hope he stays, I think it'd be a mistake on his part to leave.

I hope he stays too, for the aforementioned reasons. But I wouldn't fault him if he left.

I certainly won't say it'd be a mistake. That totally depends on where he goes.

I would actually prefer Aldridge here. I think we need more post action and he is probably a better defender down there. Not that it'll ever happen, so I'm okay with having Love.

I think if Duncan/Ginobli retire after the season, it would be very hard for Aldridge to deny the Spurs if they offer him a big contract to have him and Kawhi be the leaders of the team moving forward.

This would be the ideal scenario.

I would actually prefer Aldridge here. I think we need more post action and he is probably a better defender down there. Not that it'll ever happen, so I'm okay with having Love.

Not that Love isn't a good post player; he's actually really good.

I think that has more to do with coaching than Kevin Love's ability.

Not that Love isn't a good post player; he's actually really good.

I think that has more to do with coaching than Kevin Love's ability.

Yeah, true. It's easy to forget this when he's never used in the post. It's probably the number one complaint I have about this Cavs team this year, even above their defensive issues which have lessened significantly since the trades.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."