• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Boobie Gibson, a rapper?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
Former Cavaliers player Daniel 'Boobie' Gibson leaving NBA for rap career

18932194-mmmain.jpg

Cleveland Cavaliers' Daniel Gibson wipes his face as he walks to the bench during a timeout in the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Indiana Pacers in 2012. The former Cavs player has announced he's going to pursue a rap career.(Darron Cummings)

By Troy L. Smith, Northeast Ohio Media Group
Follow on Twitter
on October 09, 2015 at 9:12 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, best known for being buddy-buddy with LeBron James during his seven seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers is done being a player in favor of being a "playa."

Cleveland Cavaliers' Daniel Gibson guard Daniel Gibson in 2010.Joshua Gunter
Gibson joined Power 105's "The Breakfast Club" radio show in New York City Friday morning to announce he was leaving the NBA to pursue a career as a rapper.

To be clear, Gibson hasn't played in the NBA since a stint with the Cavs during the 2012-2013 season. Thus, some people on Twitter are suggesting the NBA actually quit Gibson before he could quit the NBA.

"I'm gonna give up my NBA career to start rapping," Gibson said on air. The response from "The Breakfast Club" host Charlamagne Tha God was somewhat comical:

"Who you think a better rapper, you or Birdman?" Charlamagne asked Gibson.

Gibson then dropped some lyrics that were more of a spoken word: "My biggest competition is reflection."
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/10/former_cavaliers_player_daniel.html

Some funny twitter reaction at the end of the article, but not posting it here.

Hilarious he feels the need to say he's leaving the NBA considering he hasn't had a job since Cleveland.

Gibson then dropped some lyrics that were more of a spoken word: "My biggest competition is reflection."

So looking back at his life is his biggest competition? WTF does that even mean?

If he's charging to get into his concerts I'm like:
rmdSxh.jpg

Lil B Squared
Lil Tit
Tits McGoo
Boobie G

Which alias is he goin' by?

"Rap career" has been synonymous with unemployment for thirty plus years.

Stay prayed up!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."