• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Bookmakers have cavs winning 58 games

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think the Bulls at under 55 is pretty easy money and shows bettors are really buying into the hype. The only Eastern Conference team last year with 55 wins was the Pacers, with 56. Rose is obviously going to need some time to get going, so I see them in the 48-52 wins range.

Ya I'd go

Cavs: Over - I know the Heat started 9-8 their first year but they had pieces that really didn't fit and needed to learn how to play together. I see us more like the Celtics in 07-08 where they started off insane. Plus Irving and Love really haven't got to that point where they just worry about being ready for the postseason. They're gonna be playing at 100% every game. Then when you realize they're playing in a division with the Bucks, Pistons, and now Pacers after PG going down and them losing Deshawn. Plus like every other team in the East besides Washington, Toronto, Hornets, Knicks and Bulls are just average to the horrible like the Sixers.

NY Knicks at 40.5? I'd take over as well. I think they'll do better this year. They severely under performed last year. Amare was looking good at the end of last year. Andrea Bargnani is in a contract year and looks to be in good shape. I think Calderon is a good pick up for them as well. I think they can go over 41 wins in the weak east. Especially with them playing in a division with Boston and Philly. I also think Brooklyn is gonna suck this year.

Ya I'd go

Cavs: Over - I know the Heat started 9-8 their first year but they had pieces that really didn't fit and needed to learn how to play together. I see us more like the Celtics in 07-08 where they started off insane. Plus Irving and Love really haven't got to that point where they just worry about being ready for the postseason. They're gonna be playing at 100% every game. Then when you realize they're playing in a division with the Bucks, Pistons, and now Pacers after PG going down and them losing Deshawn. Plus like every other team in the East besides Washington, Toronto, Hornets, Knicks and Bulls are just average to the horrible like the Sixers.

NY Knicks at 40.5? I'd take over as well. I think they'll do better this year. They severely under performed last year. Amare was looking good at the end of last year. Andrea Bargnani is in a contract year and looks to be in good shape. I think Calderon is a good pick up for them as well. I think they can go over 41 wins in the weak east. Especially with them playing in a division with Boston and Philly. I also think Brooklyn is gonna suck this year.
Eh I think with the improvements of many eastern conference teams, New York at 40.5 is just about right in my opinion.

Sounds totally reasonable.

This team will win mid to upper 60's in the next few seasons, but I doubt it this year. I still think we jump out to a slightly slow start. Maybe even .500 ball or a tad above for the first several weeks.

Bulls55.5
Raptors49.5
Grizzlies48.5
Nets41.5

I'd go under for all those teams. The Bulls will turn it around in the 2nd half of the season I think, but will start off sluggish. Even with a healthy Rose, the rest of the players still need to readjust to playing with him on the floor which wasn't easy last year in the few games he played. I really think depending on how good of a start they have, the Wizards will get the 2nd seed in the East.

Raptors at 50 games seems a bit high, as do the Grizzlies only because they're in the West. The Nets I just can't see them better than the Knicks this year - think they'll miss the playoffs.

Not assured at all that the Cavs will stay healthy. Irving has yet to play a full-season, Love has missed almost 100 games over the last 3 seasons, and LBJ has lost a lot of the bulk that made him virtually indestructible. We have all the parts, but we also need some luck. Start praying.

60+ no doubt.

So first you look at teams that can cause problems (Chi, Was in the east, and SAS, OKC, POR, GSW, and maybe Hou).

Of that list we play 4 of those games in Nov. So the games that we may lose are during our growth period anyway. Even if we can't pull it out, it could be chalked up to the chemistry in process.

Then look at the last few months. I count 3 games that we may lose from Mar to Apr. Granted an upset comes into play, but this team will be primed for a run come Mar. Especially after a weeks rest from the ASG. Role players will get the time off and pick up the big 3 in the 1st few games back.

Can you really look on our schedule and tell me the opponent will outscore us 22 times? I cant. Even if we didn't win one game against that list above, that's 17 loses. We all know that's not going to happen.

Then factor in the player compatibility and chemistry. The old Cavs were far better fits with LBJ than MIA, despite him leaving for better talent, we offered more complimentary pieces. Now the team we have is arguably just as talented as 2010 heat, and just as compatible as 2008-2009 cavs. No way in in hell we come in below 60 unless a significant player misses time.

Also don't forget....we had back to back 60 win teams in a better east with an inferior team. The Q will be rocking, I only expect 3 or fewer loses at home.

70-12, watch it happen.
I see 65-70 win season possible. The combination of big 3 + Blatt's offence will obliterate the East. To be honest I don't even think the Bulls will be able to handle it. Everyone wants to be cautious and respect the challenge the task of conquering the NBA presents...and then you get that moment when you pause and realize that LBJ and Love (and Kyrie) on the same team is basically even more of an "unfair" team than Miami was at certain moments of the 4 year run. I don't think anyone in this conference would be able to handle them after the first 10 games.

I think people are underestimating how much better the East is gonna be vs the west this year. this is gonna impact wins.

I wouldnt be surprised if the East has a better record vs the west in the next three seasons at some point. not this season but i think there will be improvement and teams in the east winning more games.

plus i think the gap between the top ten teams and the bottom six is gonna be wider than in the past

Wouldn't say East is better this year. If they are it will be minimal.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."