• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Brandan Wright

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CavsFan005

Rookie
Reaction score
http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/12/...-in-contact-with-cavs-on-possible-3-way-trade

Don't Let the Stats, lack of consistent minutes in Dallas fool you. This guy has a pretty high ceiling. I live in Dallas and have watched him for years. With Chandler and Dirk, he often got lost in the mix, but every time he came in he would dominate. Defensively, man-man and shot blocking he will hold his own better then AV would, which is why I believe he would actually be an upgrade. Offensively, he is a high flyer and can finish strong on alley oops. He is also long as hell and has monkey arms. He doesn't have the jump shot or hook that AV has, but I think given some time with Lebron on the pick and roll he could cash in on some easy finishes much like Hickson did.

If it comes down to giving up a first round pick I would do it. We don't have much choice, for the TPE it would be grand robbery/theft. I'm all on board for this. I also believe a guy like Wright would be the perfect "fit" next to Love allowing him to get the ball more

I think he is our best option. Cheaper and more athletic than Mozgov.

I like him, but his durability is a big question mark right?

Boston does have a glut of good or at least promising centers. I guess they don't want Tyler back, but damn he was good running the floor. He would have looked good on this team. He can hit that Andy shot at the elbow too.

Would you give up the Memphis pick for Wright?

The way I see it, there is almost a 90 % chance we will have to give up the Mem pick to get a center like Wright or Mozgov to replace AV. Teams know we are desperate. I don't think we have much choice unless we want to write off the season (which I sure as hell don't). We need to get Love and Irving some playoff experience and preferably make the finals.

Mozgov is a true 7 footer and he is a better offensive player then Wright. What is intriguing about Wright is he averaging 1.5 bpg in 20 minutes playing time. Extend that to 25-30 and I think he swats at least 2 shots a game. I also like the idea of adding another athlete to the team, we are not a very athletic team top to bottom. I think for what we are trying to do, Wright is a slightly better option. He is still only 27 with lots of upside. He could end up being a long term option for us

The way I see it, there is almost a 90 % chance we will have to give up the Mem pick to get a center like Wright or Mozgov to replace AV. Teams know we are desperate. I don't think we have much choice unless we want to write off the season (which I sure as hell don't). We need to get Love and Irving some playoff experience and preferably make the finals.

Mozgov is a true 7 footer and he is a better offensive player then Wright. What is intriguing about Wright is he averaging 1.5 bpg in 20 minutes playing time. Extend that to 25-30 and I think he swats at least 2 shots a game. I also like the idea of adding another athlete to the team, we are not a very athletic team top to bottom. I think for what we are trying to do, Wright is a slightly better option. He is still only 27 with lots of upside. He could end up being a long term option for us

I don't think there's much upside to a 27 year old player. Plus he's rail thin. Hard to imagine him banging with starting centers for 30 minutes a night. I like him and he'd help the team but future starting center? Eh.

I don't think there's much upside to a 27 year old player. Plus he's rail thin. Hard to imagine him banging with starting centers for 30 minutes a night. I like him and he'd help the team but future starting center? Eh.

Ummm.. well If he can give us anything close to Andy who is an older version of himself and regressed this year I think he would be perfect for this team who is trying to run a Big n Small line up.

I know highlights but. I tired Embedding this video and doing a URL link but nothing shown up so this is the link to the video below.

http://youtu.be/hYoQ-Hh_V7o

Last edited:
Reactions: JFT

He is one of the more underrated players in the league. He would of got a shot for the Mavs had they not picked up Chandler. I think given the opportunity as a full time starter he could very well thrive.

I don't think the weight thing is much of an issue. Sure he can't deal with Dwight Howard 1 v 1, but its 2015, not the 90s. Regardless of who we get we will need to sign a insurance big like JO if Blatt refuses to play Haywood

He is one of the more underrated players in the league. He would of got a shot for the Mavs had they not picked up Chandler. I think given the opportunity as a full time starter he could very well thrive.

I don't think the weight thing is much of an issue. Sure he can't deal with Dwight Howard 1 v 1, but its 2015, not the 90s. Regardless of who we get we will need to sign a insurance big like JO if Blatt refuses to play Haywood

On this team no weight is the lest of and issue and he has the talent to impact a game at crucial points. This team does not need a Perkins yet a Big who can run and impact the D and O on the floor. He is a perfect fit for this team right now. Add him and a Ray Allen type and just watch. Oh BTW T.T played 40 minutes tonight... Think about that.

Reactions: JFT
Ummm.. well If he can give us anything close to Andy who is an older version of himself and regressed this year I think he would be perfect for this team who is trying to run a Big n Small line up.

I know highlights but. I tired Embedding this video and doing a URL link but nothing shown up so this is the link to the video below.

http://youtu.be/hYoQ-Hh_V7o

Nice. One thing I noticed watching all the local Mavs games is all the away announcers said the same thing. 1 why isn't he getting more minutes and 2 why isn't he starting

Nice. One thing I noticed watching all the local Mavs games is all the away announcers said the same thing. 1 why isn't he getting more minutes and 2 why isn't he starting

Yep because he is a perfect option of the bench. Can you Imagine if Dion and him are one the same page in the second unit? That is both defense and offense upgrade right there. They play off each other well they can go places. I say start T.T at the center trade for Wright and let it flow. Delly, Waiters, Wright second unit sounds so sexah!

He wasn't starting for the Mavs when they didn't have Chandler though. And when we're building a championship team I'd like to not have glaring matchup problems. Dwight, Gasol, Horford are all lurking in the playoffs. I mean he's 210 pounds. People called Jonas a beanpole and he was 240 when drafted.

An ideal, semi-realistic scenario for me would be to trade a first for Wright now, and then sign or sign and trade for Koufos in the offseason ( I don't know if our cap situation would allow us to sign Koufos outright). A Love/Koufos/Thompson/Wright rotation is formidable and we keep Waiters.

Last edited:
I like it, and there's several decent draft prospects at center in '15 as well.

And not to be picky but Brandon is spelled wrong. Should be two a's.

Alot of good centers in the draft,
too bad we don't have those 2 picks dog NOW BASH ME HARD

I said the same thing. It was terrible use of good assets by the front office. Imagine if we had 3 first rounders to deal with at the deadline. Some of these dream scenarios could easily have come true. Good luck bashing Griffin on these boards though, everybody else slurps him.

All that and we would still need a SG

We could have Corey Brewer and Brandon Wright right now if griffen held on to Keith Bogans and still had that Miami 1st. Still can't believe he gave a 1st to Minnisota when they were already getting back Andrew fucking Wiggins!!! This is about to be a wasted season because of this idiot:banghead:

Last edited:
Everyone knows Wright was acquired by the Celtics to be traded again to the highest bidding contender. There will be a bidding war and it will take time. Luckily, he is also not the only quality 7 footer who will become available by the deadline. A number of teams in the West are going to discover they aren't really contenders.

Let the process play out.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."