• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Brionte Dunn arrested?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JMcCurry08

All-Star
Reaction score
It was just announced as breaking news on ESPN Cleveland. He allegedly arrested in Alliance during the weekend....

Will try to find out more details

It was just announced as breaking news on ESPN Cleveland. He allegedly arrested in Alliance during the weekend....

Will try to find out more details

Urban Meyer is going to have to clamp down on Dunn. He cannot be perceived as soft on discipline right now.

I went to school with Erick Howard and played against Brionte...the kid is very talented and I hope to God he isn't going down the same path as Erick.

Long way to go from weed (allegedly) to rape (Howard).

Would expect Meyer brings the hammer on some level. Enough is enough.

So it looks like he was cited for paraphernalia. Not an arrest, fwiw - still very stupid

Link

I expect Meyer to hit him with some disciplinary action, and no soft shit, either.

Need to clamp down, I agree.

Sounds like Meyer is already losing grips on his players. Guy is a great football coach, sure, but is he a disciplinarian?

Dunn wasn't slated to get much playing time, so he'll probably be pretty easy to discipline heavily.

Urban picking up right where he left off in Florida with player arrests.

Sad how dumb some kids are, no common sense what so ever. Why put something like a full ride at a BCS school in jeopardy over something so dumb?

I had heard that Meyer made a few scholarship players pay out of pocket for their summer classes as a punishment for minor indiscretions. It's a pretty effective since the players need summer classes to stay on pace for graduation and it essentially works as a cash fine.

Ohio State football players Jake Stoneburner, Jack Mewhort lose scholarships for summer, could be back for season | cleveland.com

"We are disappointed with the decisions made recently by two of our football players," Meyer said in the statement Friday. "Jake Stoneburner and Jack Mewhort will each be removed from athletic scholarship beginning with the summer term, and they will continue to be suspended from team activities until stipulations are successfully met. They will have an opportunity to return to the team in good standing following the summer session."

I don't know what else a college coach can do... they are college kids and are going to do occasionally stupid stuff.

Wait, how is this Urban's fault?

It becomes a culture thing with Urban. He led the NCAA in arrests in two of his years at Florida IIRC, they had a few write ups about the issues he had with keeping players from getting in trouble.

Yeah, I'm gonna say I'm not really concerned at all with the "culture."

It becomes a culture thing with Urban. He led the NCAA in arrests in two of his years at Florida IIRC, they had a few write ups about the issues he had with keeping players from getting in trouble.

I feel like we can maybe can say that if there are a bunch of arrests/issues in the future, but right now the most he can do is discipline them - as Keys pointed out, he has started to do that already and we'll have to see what they do with Dunn. My only point is that it's a little to early to say right now.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."