• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns Forum?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do We Want A Seperate Browns Forum?

• No, things are fine just the way they are

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Yes, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Yes, but lets wait till after the new year.

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Untitled_1.jpg

We've been throwing around the idea of expanding RCF by starting a brand new Browns forum, not just a sub-forum of RCF. This forum will have its own domain name, software, look and feel. Basically RCF but dedicated to the Browns.

We would be bringing in a new staff of mods to run it as well as promoting a few mods to admins to oversee both websites.

I've lined up advertising to take care of hosting but we would still need to buy another xenforo license, a mod that would allow members who sign up for one website access the others so you don't have to sign up twice and we would have to pay to get a cool skin for it and a few other features. I figure the cost will be between $500 to $700 to start this up and make sure its done right.

RCF can pay for this but it will be after the new year (Summer ad revenue sucks for an NBA website) or we could do a donation drive and have it up and running by the end of July before NFL games begin.

The choice is yours...

Will there be a Studio 19?
Probably not at the beginning but there will be hosted chats with beat writers, that much I can do. I'm just not a Browns guy so I don't have any real contacts inside the team.

Considering the the absolute wasteland that is the current online Browns community this move would be extremely appreciated

Can you have a link that toggles between the two sites? Reason I ask, it is nice being able to read browns and cavs stuff on one site. If all I had to do was hit a tab at the top and it transferred me to the browns page it would be great.

Considering the the absolute wasteland that is the current online Browns community this move would be extremely appreciated

This is what I was going to ask.

The only Browns site I'm aware of is OBR and I've only visited a handful of times. What kind of competition would the site have? I'd personally visit it an RCF associated Browns site solely because it's an RCF project and I assume many others here would as well.

I guess the question is if the lack of competition warrants it.

This is awesome. I've been plugging this idea for years. Look out OBR.

The OBR is full of the hottest sports takes... don't know if RBF can compete :chuckles:

Here's my take. I discuss quite a bit of Browns on here because the discussion elsewhere is just incoherent. If this were to happen, I'd be happy to be a part of it (I'd volunteer some time/help-out however I can).

As far as a solid place for Browns discussion, there is none... Unless the insider forum on OBR is good; however, paying for it is a different animal.

I do like coming to this one site and being able to browse topics, but I would definitely add a tab to my routine sites that stay open if a Browns forum is created. If some money is needed, I'd be happy to donate. Don't have much, but a solid donation is a long time coming for me.

I can donate towards RBF but be another month before I can

Put up a thermometer Ben, and let's get this donation drive started!

It would be a welcome addition to the Browns online community which lacks anything remotely close to this site.

It would be a welcome addition to the Browns online community which lacks anything remotely close to this site.

Agreed. Count me in to help however I can.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

My only concern with it would be if we made a forum that focused primarily on the Browns, would we eventually get some of those dreadful posters that are on other Browns message boards? This sub-forum already provides the best Browns discussion I can find on the internet. The idea is great, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to balance the potential positives and potential negatives.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."