1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Browns Offensive Line Ranked No. 5 in 2012

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by The Hill, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The Hill

The Hill Sixth Man

Pro Football Focus released its rankings of all the NFL offensive lines in 2012. The Browns did nicely, finishing at No. 5 in the ranks.

Here are the rankings for the entire league:

1. San Francisco 49ers
    2. New England Patriots
    3. New York Jets
    4. Denver Broncos
    5. Cleveland Browns
    6. New Orleans Saints
    7. Detroit Lions
    8. Cincinnati Bengals
    9. Minnesota Vikings
    10. Houston Texans
    11. New York Giants
    12. Kansas City Shiefs
    13. Buffalo Bills
    14. Tennessee Titans
    15. Atlanta Falcons
    16. Washington Redskins
    17. Baltimore Ravens
    18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    19. Philadelphia Eagles
    20. Seattle Seahawks
    21. Green Bay Packers
    22. Dallas Cowboys
    23. Miami Dolphins
    24. oakland Raiders
    25. Pittsburgh Steelers
    26. St. Louis Rams
    27. Carolina Panthers
    28. San Diego Chargers
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars
    30. Chicago Bears
    31. Indianapolis Colts
    32. Arizona Cardinals

• Like Like x 17
  2. Randolphkeys

Randolphkeys Admittedly Pompous Staff Member

Real football fans should appreciate how solid the Browns core has become up front, but the team will continue to be unwatchable if the passing game doesn't get some additional help. I loved watching Gordon improve, but that just isn't enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I-77 NORTH

I-77 NORTH FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY

This is why I truly don't trust this Haslem ownership. I don't think he and Banner are capable of putting this kind of important talent on the field and be recognized as top 5 in a short period of time.

I can just hope that Banner and Jimmy have learned a thing or two from the previous ownership.

4. I-77 NORTH

I-77 NORTH FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY

Another thing I should mention is; this legitimately proves that Weedens tipped balls are a problem of his own.

5. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

The old regime really didn't either. They inherited Thomas and Mack, who are both very key pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bob2the2nd

bob2the2nd member 32

you spelled running game wrong keys. our 3rd overall pick had the 2nd least yards/carry of any rookie first round running back in the last 10 years.... with an offensive line this good.

yeah i know he was injured, the problem was he wasnt very good

7. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

To be fair, the run blocking wasn't near as good as the pass blocking according to that chart or most people's eyes. He was getting hit behind the line or at the LOS very often. But I do agree...he could have been a lot better and was over-rated due to all the TD's.

I do still think that when he is healthy and the run blocking continues to improve, that he will be very good.

This tells you more about how disappointing Weeden was.

8. GreasySpread36

GreasySpread36 Sixth Man

Hopefully they've learned what not to do from the previous ownership.

9. theshad

theshad In the Rotation

You're greatly underestimating broken ribs. Our playcaller wasn't anything special either.

• Like Like x 2
  10. caf

caf Banņed

:confused::rolleyes:

11. The Hill

The Hill Sixth Man

Dammit ...

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4[/video]

12. Soda

Soda Bania'd

12. Kansas City Sheaths

13. Mac

Mac Slow Motion See Me Let Go

What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletc

Broken ribs really has a big effect on a RB that loved to tip toe and run into offensive linemen.

14. theshad

theshad In the Rotation

Broken ribs has an effect on merely breathing, it's gonna play a role in anything you do really. Though I do agree that he did far too much dancing this year, hopefully with a new playcaller and being more comfortable against NFL competition he can show us a lot more.

15. col63onel

col63onel Joe Thomas Fan Club

Could be that we have a power runner, a big powerful OLine, and we decided to run zone schemes.

Shurmur is a good player caller.....if he has the right personnel. His personnel was 180 degrees opposite of how he called games.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coyote850

Coyote850 Gold Star Member

Most people would be curled up in the fetal position with broken ribs like he had. He was in severe pain just breathing. Why the fuck can't people understand that? And he still had 950 yards and 12 TDs.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Giambiwannabe7

Giambiwannabe7 Sixth Man

Because the average person has no clue what it feels like to experience that kind of pain and still get hammered on by 250-350lb grown ass men trying to rip your head off your shoulders. If most of the people on here bitching ever had broken ribs like this they would be crying a river every time they sneezed. It's easy to criticize a guy playing hurt when you're on a keyboard.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Why hasn't Tommy Heckert gotten a job yet? Quite puzzling. There's got to be something we all are not seeing. I recall WKNR saying that Tom would have a hard time passing a background check with NFL teams.... I wonder if that is why.

19. Delgua

Delgua Rookie

That's why:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/12/exclusive_tom_heckert_intervie.html

• On interviewing for another job: "Obviously, I'll let this sink in a little bit and see what happens. Fortunately, I have some years left on my contract so I don't have to do anything right away. I want to go into the right situation. I don't want to just jump into somewhere where I don't think has a chance. That's one of the reasons I came here. I thought it would be a great opportunity to build something and if something like that came available, that would be great. But I could do something else. I'd like to be a GM for the right situation, and if that happens, great, but if not, I'm sure I can do a lot of other things too.

Paid vacation > same pay for 12h workdays...and don't underestimate the pissed off factor that he got his "building project" ripped off his hands the moment it started to show consistency, as the Browns were in almost all games (only real beat up was in Denver).

As for Richardson's "rib excuse": he was a crappy bottom 3rd runner before that injury with a 3.8ypc AVG. His most memorable "dance run" vs Dallas and over inability to milk the clock probably cost us that game.

As for Weeden "not improving":

Weeden post-bye, 5.5 games:

112/181, 61.88%, 1297yds, 5 TD, 5 INT, 7.17yds/PA....in those games the Browns scored: 20, 20, 20, 31, 21 points, all that with no running help at all, barely over 3ypc

• Like Like x 1
  20. Soda

Soda Bania'd

I don't buy it at all. Taking the paid vacation is something a Jon Gruden, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, etc. will do. Tom Heckert needs to build his resume, not take vacation. You find me people who take mid-career vacations and I'll show you an idiot. While it may make sense to you, it doesn't make sense to the professional who would like to have a full career before taking Holmgren-esqe vacations.