• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

butler to the bucks. WTF going on in milwaukee

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tornicade

2018 RBF League Champion
Reaction score
Ish Smith and Viacheslav Kravtsov traded for Caron Butler.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...utler-to-bucks-for-smith-kravtsov-264312.html

so looking at the bucks rebuild.

PG Brandon Knight
SG O.J. Mayo
SF Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Ersan Ilyasova
C Larry Sanders

Rotation Gary Neal, Carlos Delfino, Caron Butler, John Henson, Zaza Pachulia etc

Milwaukee has an interesting blend of youth and experience.

Im not sure who will start now either delfino or butler but Giannis would seem to be being groomed for this role similiar to our own Russian assassin in Cleveland

John Hammond had this to say

I think we're in a good spot. I love our youth, I love the youth that we have. I love the fact that we/ve got Brandon Knight at the one at 21-years-old, O.J. Mayo at 25, we've got John Henson at 22, we've got Larry Sanders at 24 years old, and I keep on talking about that old crusty veteran that we have in Ersan Ilyasova that just turned 26 a couple months ago, one of the best stretch fours in the league, along with other pieces like Ekpe Udoh..."

"Most importantly I like our youth, and we talked about that yesterday, I think we need to move forward with the youth and start talking about building a championship-caliber team. And I think for us to do that, as I said yesterday, we know what's going to have to happen. Somebody's gotta step up, somebody's gotta step up in this group and become an all-star.

"And the one guy you notice I didn't mention is Giannis Adetokunbo. And Giannis is 18 years old, and you know could Giannis be that guy someday? I hate to put that kind of pressure and talk about that with a young kid like that, but I know he wants it, I know he wants to be great. I know Brandon Knight wants it, I think Larry Sanders wants it, a guy like John Henson...I think they have the potential to do special things in this league, and most importantly they really want to win and they'll sacrifice what it takes to win as a team."http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/8/10/4609160/john-hammond-brandon-knight-giannis-antetokounmpo-larry-sanders-extension

Last edited:
Quite a collection of average to slightly above average talent.

Giannis is not going to start this year, don't know if I would even say he's being groomed to start. He's at least 2 years away from being consistent in terms of production and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him spend the majority of the first half of the season in the D-League, if not the whole season. Just really raw

Butler starts this year, if healthy

but John Hammond has a dream

JP-JohnHammond2.jpg

He spared no expense.

Good lord ... what a nightmare if I'm a Bucks fan.

I feel like the Bucks front office uses a similar method to make personnel moves:

[video=youtube;wz-PtEJEaqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY[/video]

I think this is a lineup that can grow and the 8 million for butlers expiring might either net them more at the trade deadline without inhibiting their cap space for next years free agency.

I think this is a lineup that can grow and the 8 million for butlers expiring might either net them more at the trade deadline without inhibiting their cap space for next years free agency.

Dude. That young talent blows hard dicks.

You know I tend to ground myself pretty heavily, and rarely get overly optimistic about Cleveland teams. I'm telling you right now, we are in the luxury suite compared to the Milwaukee Bucks, going forward. That team is going nowhere, and it's going to get there slow as fuck, to boot.

Dude. That young talent blows hard dicks.

You know I tend to ground myself pretty heavily, and rarely get overly optimistic about Cleveland teams. I'm telling you right now, we are in the luxury suite compared to the Milwaukee Bucks, going forward. That team is going nowhere, and it's going to get there slow as fuck, to boot.

Milwaukee is in year one of their rebuild.. not sure what that has to do with Cleveland. Dude.

couple lottery drafts and this team could start turning some heads.

Milwaukee is in year one of their rebuild.. not sure what that has to do with Cleveland. Dude.

I was comparing the "young talent" of two rebuilding teams in the league. Theirs blows, ours is pretty solid.

Saying they could turn some heads if they get a couple great lottery picks is like saying Michael Jordan is good at basketball. you could say that about any rebuilding team. Except...we're talking about what they have on their team right now ... which is a lot of hot garbage. I can't think of an NBA franchise less relevant than the Bucks right now, actually. Not sure why I've even put this much effort into discussing them.

How the hell is that going to happen if they keep filling the team with a bunch of average talent? They are setting themselves up to continue being a middle of the road team. They should have flushed the average players, picked up some draft picks, and did a real rebuild. Now, they'll just continue to fall into that almost playoff team. Basically, they are trapped outside the top 10 picks. Not all "lottery" picks are equal. Having something like the 12th pick or so won't get them there.

I don't think the Bucks are even average to be honest. They've gotten worse since the season ended, and I think despite their moves to try and remain in mediocrity they'll end up with a top-10 pick.

Basically, they are trapped outside the top 10 picks. Not all "lottery" picks are equal. Having something like the 12th pick or so won't get them there.

The Bucks' owner seems to be one of those guys that can't stand to watch his team lose. Can say I blame him. When they did win the #1 pick, all they got was Andrew Bogut and they've since lost all of the value they got for trading him.

But I hear what you are talking about with the history of #12 picks, it's been pretty bad. Is Nick Collison the best player on that list?

2013 Steven Adams, Pittsburgh – Oklahoma City Thunder
2012 Jeremy Lamb, Connecticut – Houston Rockets
2011 Alec Burks, Colorado – Utah Jazz
2010 Xavier Henry, Kansas – Memphis Grizzlies

2009 Gerald Henderson, Duke – Charlotte Bobcats
2008 Jason Thompson, Rider – Sacramento Kings
2007 Thaddeus Young, Georgia Tech – New Orleans Hornets
2006 Hilton Armstrong, Connecticut – New Orleans Hornets
2005 Yaroslav Korolev, CSKA Moscow – L.A. Clippers
2004 Robert Swift, Bakersfield HS (Calif.) – Seattle Supersonics
2003 Nick Collison, Kansas – Seattle Supersonics
2002 Melvin Ely, Fresno State – L.A. Clippers
2001 Vladimir Radmanovic, Serbia & Montenegro – Seattle Supersonics
2000 Etan Thomas, Syracuse – Dallas Mavericks

1999 Aleksandar Radojevic, Barton County CC – Toronto Raptors
1998 Michael Doleac, Utah – Orlando Magic
1997 Austin Croshere, Providence – Indiana Pacers
1996 Vitaly Potapenko, Wright State – Cleveland Cavaliers
1995 Cherokee Parks, Duke – Dallas Mavericks
1994 Khalid Reeves, Arizona – Miami HEAT
1993 George Lynch, North Carolina – L.A. Lakers

But Jim Paxson was a number 12 pick in 1979 and he has the driving force behind the Cavs winning the 2003 lottery. :gap::gap::gap::gap:

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."