1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Discussion in 'Games & Gadgets' started by Stark, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

[​IMG]

Developer: Treyarch
    Publisher: Activision
    Release Date: November 13th, 2012
    Platforms: XBOX 360, PS3, PC, 3DS, Wii-U

Call of Duty: Black Ops II, is an upcoming first-person shooter developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. This is the ninth main installment for the Call of Duty franchise, set for release on November 13, 2012. It is the sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops and was announced on May 1, 2012. It is the first game made by Treyarch to be set in the future, and also the first direct sequel produced for the series by the studio.

Story

Call of Duty: Black Ops II takes place in the 1980s for the first third of the game, and in 2025 for the final 2/3. It will be sandbox style, meaning the player can make choices that will affect the story. The campaign will have multiple endings. The campaign includes "unmanned armies" built to keep populations safe which turn against their own countries when the main antagonist, Raul Menendez, steals the "keys". The campaign also includes new vehicles, such as CLAWS, Tiltjet Planes, X-47 Pegasus, Quadrotors and new weapons, such as the KAP-40, and old ones, like the AK-47 (seen briefly in trailer). The player also has an opportunity to fly in a F/A-38 and operate with a Quadrotor, and control their squadron of Quadrotors.

The majority of the game, as indicated by the trailer, appears to be set in war-torn Los Angeles in the year 2025. The People's Republic of China has invaded Los Angeles due to a global struggle involving rare earth minerals.

Frank Woods returns from Call of Duty: Black Ops, age 95 and retired. The protagonist of the game has the name David Mason. A new character known as Harper is also present in the game. A lot of characters from Call of Duty: Black Ops will be returning as playable characters. Specifically named are Alex Mason, Frank Woods, and Jason Hudson.

Multiplayer

[video=youtube;Dre21lBu2zU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU[/video]

Zombies

The Zombies mode from Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to return in Black Ops II with numerous additions and changes, such as it running on the game's multiplayer engine rather than a modified single-player engine, and also being able to support twice as many zombies and twice as many players as before due to this. While specific gameplay and story-related elements have yet to be announced, a promotional poster for the game depicts an unknown woman holding the head of a zombie, as well as a Winchester rifle and a sword, which is hanging on her right leg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos

Launch Trailer

[video=youtube;F6vOWbJ46XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vOWbJ46XU[/video][

Reveal Trailer

[video=youtube;x3tedlWs1XY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Twenty Minutes of Gameplay by Ali-A

[video=youtube;pTtsn2Srm3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTtsn2Srm3E&feature=related[/video]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Nicky

Nicky Swayze

Call of Duty is the only video game I play. I don't play that much, haven't bought the map packs for this latest COD edition.

3. NtG

NtG El CampeĆ³n

I raped people (like i do in most video games) in CoD 4, WaW and MW2, but im a Battlefield guy now

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pyro

Pyro Banned

I didn't start a thread yet because I'm still hammering out the details for Friday Night COD...

5. Urban

Urban September 14

Actually enjoyed Black Ops as my favorite COD, besides COD4.

But I've lost interest in the multiplayer, all about the zombies.

6. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

CoD4 is still the best Call of Duty ever made, even though the multiplayer is full of hackers and spam nowadays.

Black Ops was also my second favorite installment in the franchise, just because it was deep in things to do (Zombies, Campaign, Multiplayer, Combat Training, Wager Matches, etc).

MW2 was solid, never really played WaW a ton, MW3 is fun at times, but at others has me throwing shit.

7. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

One of my friends helped make it so I'll probably pick it up to play single player.... too many angry kids play the multiplayer so I'll skip that.

8. Walter White

Walter White All-Star

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on
    I've actually found that most people play COD. I'm the exception however with a small few that play Battlefield. Been playing Battlefield since day 1. Never was a big fan of COD.

9. MoneyMP3

MoneyMP3 Long Live The Idols

Cod has gotten stale to me. I cant sit down and play it anymore. When I do play it, I usually get bitched at by some 14 year old. Ill probably wait a couple months before I consider buying it. Other games coming out that I would rather have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CavsRules

CavsRules Get Boobied'

This is why you do the following:

Drink a lot of alcohol.
    Laugh at little kids.
    Don't try at the game, and still rape the little children like you're Jerry Sandusky.

11. Da_James_Gang

Da_James_Gang NBA Starter

I still play a lot of MW3, but pretty much stick to capture the flag. Ranked around 2200 in CTF...

12. MoneyMP3

MoneyMP3 Long Live The Idols

Believe me, I havent tried in a cod game since black ops was new. Not worth the rage lol. People take that game way to seriously.

13. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

BF3 is where it's at now. I wish they'd make a BFBC3 instead of BF4 but whatever.

14. CavsRules

CavsRules Get Boobied'

They do take it seriously.

On black ops now me and my buddy just like to fuck around and die a lot.. So we join spawn trappers we won't leave us alone when they invite us to die. They care about the "stats" that they didn't even earn.

Pretty pathetic.

15. Pyro

Pyro Banned

We should get a group of 4 for Zombies the night it comes out.

16. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

Don't know if I mentioned it in my original post or not, but the Zombie servers for Black Ops II are being integrated into the multiplayer servers, and now allow up to eight players per session.

17. Pyro

Pyro Banned

You are talking to someone who has every COD ever made. There is no way we are going to get 8 players here. None.

18. Pyro

Pyro Banned

BTW folks, multiplayer details on Tuesday! :D

19. MoGottiFor3

MoGottiFor3 Witness

COD has ran its course, every single game after COD4 regressed hard. One year wonder for a good COD game I guess.

20. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

After COD4 the multiplayers have been A) cheap (MW2), or B) buggy (MW3, BO). Will not play a single game of online, but I like the zombies so I am definetely buying it. I just hope the zombies is much improved after the stinker map that was Shangri La. Moon was a huge improvement over that, but Moon seemed very gimmicky to me.

One more thing I think playing with 8 people is going to suck. It's already bad enough when i'm doing a rape train and some twit comes along and runs right through the middle of it leading to his death and then he gets pissed when I don't revive him. I just tell people I don't care if it is just a crawler left I am not going to revive you, and I don't want you to revive me either. Since I go down one time per game it doesn't matter to me.

The zombie maps will have to be massive to support 8 players because if they're not it will suck.