• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cancer fucking sucks (Prayers/thoughts for my dad)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man Called X

Resident asshole
Reaction score
So Monday I woke up a bit early, said hello to my dad and decided to lay back down. Around 11:30 heard Dad having some sort of trouble and I came out to find him struggling to breathe. Call the squad, get him to the ER, everything's good. They were thinking congestive heart failure and he'd be released in a couple days after talking to a cardiologist. A few hours later, he has a pretty big seizure, loses his ability to talk, his left arm wouldn't stop spasming. They think stroke, so they do that video conference with the Cleveland Clinic, and they say yeah, get him up here. So he's medflighted monday night up there.

had to do MRIs, full CT-Scans etc. As of last night when I went to bed, I was hearing nothing but good things...

Got a call from the practicioner today. There's a mass on his brain and some in his lungs. First guess is that it's lung cancer that's metasised *sp?* and spread to the brain. Only good news I got today was that he was stable enough to get moved out of ICU, but there weren't any beds open at the moment. Hopefully he'll get moved tonight. They've got to a biopsy so they can figure out what they are dealing with and where to go from there.

I'm really just making this thread because I'm terrified, I'm lost, I'm hurting, and I don't know what to do. I don't have a lot of outlets to vent, and RCF has been like an extended family to me for a while.

If you read this thread, just keep him in your thoughts. That's all I ask.

I'm probably not going to be around much for a while. Gonna have way too much to deal with in the coming days/weeks/months.

Praying for you and yours X...

p.s.
My aunt had the exact some diagnosis. My mother has also been through cancer as well as the mother of my two sons.

I wish you and your family all the best. I have never personally dealt with cancer but I have lost loved ones in horrific ways. I am sending positive feelings and vibes your way and hopefully this can be dealt with quickly and he beats it.

Praying for you, your father, and your family. Hang in there X, everyone is here for you.

Sorry to hear. My dad had lung cancer. Your dad is in my prayers.

My Mom beat cancer and is a survivor. It sucks, no doubt. Maybe PM Damage as he is a cancer survivor.

Good luck to you and your family X and i wish there was something more than well wishes we can do. As always, feel free to vent and update on here as this place is truly an extended family.

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Pray everything works out for you and your family.

It more that sucks I'm fighting small cell lung cancer that has moved to brain. just finished 3 weeks
of full brain radiation and on the 3rd round of chemo it has moved to my liver. they think they may have caught it early and give 2 years maybe 3 my prays to any one that has to go through this shit..

Damn, X. Prayers for your family.

Stay strong.

Very sorry to hear about that. My family and I will say a prayer for your dad and your family.

This sucks. I hope everything gets figured out and he's back on his feet ASAP. Take care of him, and yourself. These times can really take a lot out of you.

Very sorry to hear about this X. Went through something VERY similar with my wife and her mother. If you need anything just PM me.

Brain is one of the toughest... sorry X, we are here for you.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."