• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, even if Melo denies it.

Teams that would probably be interested in him: Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston and Chicago.

Although, I'm sure his knee is scaring a lot of teams, plus his contract.

FYI, Knicks fans want him traded as well.

Melo in Portland would be kind of scary. Obviously depends on what they give up, but a lineup of Lillard, Mathews, Melo, Aldridge, and Lopez is pretty damn lethal.

Melo in Portland would be kind of scary. Obviously depends on what they give up, but a lineup of Lillard, Mathews, Melo, Aldridge, and Lopez is pretty damn lethal.
They're not getting Melo without a combo of at least Alrdridge or Lillard and one of Batum or Matthews. This is a bonafide superstar locked up for 5 years. They should get back far more than they gave Denver to get him in the first place.

They're not getting Melo without a combo of at least Alrdridge or Lillard and one of Batum or Matthews. This is a bonafide superstar locked up for 5 years. They should get back far more than they gave Denver to get him in the first place.

I would think Melo's knees are making teams scared.

I would think Batum + Robinson + plus picks and probably a third team would get it done.

very loose with the definition of superstar, i see.

portland would be loldumb to even consider offering any combo of those players.

I could see Boston jumping in if they wanted to go that direction and not wait for a rebuild. They have alot of young, good valuable pieces and I could see Rondo and Melo being a good pairing.

I could see the Lakers definitely having interest and I wouldn't be surprised if he magically ends up in LA (just seems to "happen" that way). But I wouldn't think the Lakers are even close to having the pieces.

Maybe a low key option underdog option I just thought of, Charlotte? They are about one piece away from being a serious contender in the East, and with Lance being on the block (and being from NY), I could see a swap involving Lance. And plus, Melo is Team Jordan and it would be the perfect marketing opportunity playing for MJ. Ooh. I like this. This seems like too perfect of a situation.

Lance, Marvin, and MKG for Melo (probably best package they could ever hope for). Or switch Henderson with either Marvin or MKG.

Just for fun, best offer from other teams:

Lakers could offer Nash (expiring), Lin (hometown fav/expiring), Young (on a good contract), and maybe throw in Randle if necessary, maybe some 1st rounders if they have them. Maybe replace Hill with Nash if NY prefers. I'm sure LA would do anything to get Melo. Maybe not as bad an offer as I thought.

Celtics could offer Green, Bass (expiring), Smart, and James Young. Or take out one of the last two and give them a pick of Sullinger, Zeller, and Olynyk. Plenty of good combos the Celtics have to make a good offer. And picks.

Houston can offer Ariza, Terry, and Papanikolaou. They pretty much have to offer at least those three to make salary work. They could throw in Motiejunas or Jones or Beverley, but I don't think they would be smart to gut the whole roster for Melo. Those first three players plus any picks is about all they can do.

I could see Boston jumping in if they wanted to go that direction and not wait for a rebuild. They have alot of young, good valuable pieces and I could see Rondo and Melo being a good pairing.

I could see the Lakers definitely having interest and I wouldn't be surprised if he magically ends up in LA (just seems to "happen" that way). But I wouldn't think the Lakers are even close to having the pieces.

Maybe a low key option underdog option I just thought of, Charlotte? They are about one piece away from being a serious contender in the East, and with Lance being on the block (and being from NY), I could see a swap involving Lance. And plus, Melo is Team Jordan and it would be the perfect marketing opportunity playing for MJ. Ooh. I like this. This seems like too perfect of a situation.

Lance, Marvin, and MKG for Melo (probably best package they could ever hope for). Or switch Henderson with either Marvin or MKG.

Yeah I think boston could be looking to get melo and go all in this weak east, they still wouldn't get past Cleveland, Chicago or Toronto though

The Pelicans is a team that could make a run at him....

Gordon, Tyreke, Rivers, Withey and a pick

Would be enough to take back Anthony, Smith and at least one more player....

Would give the Pelicans Asik , Davis, Anthony, Smith and Holiday as the starting 5. That front court would make up for Melo's issues on D

Would give the Pelicans Asik , Davis, Anthony, Smith and Holiday as the starting 5. That front court would make up for Melo's issues on D

Eric Gordon is always hurt and when he is on the court, he hasn't been producing as well as he did with the Clippers/early run with the Hornets. I don't think he's good enough to be a central piece in landing a star.

Reactions: KB
Eric Gordon is always hurt and when he is on the court, he hasn't been producing as well as he did with the Clippers/early run with the Hornets. I don't think he's good enough to be a central piece in landing a star.

I do agree with the sentiment that Gordon is a shell of what he was just a few years. Part of me wonders if them matching the Suns offer after he begged them not to has had anything to do with it since he never wanted to be there.

For the Knicks if you trade Anthony you have to commit to a full rebuild. Picking up a package like that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Evans is only 25, Gordon is just about to turn 26. Rivers and Withey are younger still

Then you get into money, Evans is on a reasonable deal, Rivers is in the last year of his rookie deal as is Withey. Gordon has a player option after this season, won't get 15$mil as a fa again so he'll pick it up. They'd get the bird rights to each player and rids them of JR Smith's contract/headache in the process.

Portland could get a similar offer basing it of Batum , Robinson and McCullom

Boston could get close if they offer Smart as part of a deal

Lakers couldn't get close, at least imo.

Rockets could but not until after Jan 10th when they can move Arizona.

I could see the wizards making good a run at him by offering something like Porter, Nene (or Gortat).

Don't really see him staying in East if they move him though

I could see the Suns offering something like Dragic/Len/Warren/Lakers pick.

Woo, that's a pretty awful haul. The best player in the bunch is Tyreke, and he's overpaid with multiple years left on his deal.

I hear Denver has an abundance of movable players, as well as an additional 2016 1st round pick...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."