1. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Casspi Assfingers

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by AmirT0, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmirT0

AmirT0 Rookie

What is up with that?IS the dude all hype being the first Israeli?

2. Tornicade

Tornicade High five!

Re: Casspi's Poodelish performance thus far

Casspi was injured. he missed alot of time for what little time the cavs did have.. Im not worried about Casspi. he will find a way to fit.

1 person likes this.
  3. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

In the preseason game that Casspi played in he was comfortable and let the game come to him. Since the season started he feels a need to "step up" I guess. Stepping up is fine; but what he's doing is simply not his game. He's trying to do too much and he just doesn't have the skill to do so. He needs to calm down and play his game.

1 person likes this.
  4. nime

nime Boilermaker

He needs to bust out the shoes he used in Sactown.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. IWantAKouki

IWantAKouki Kouki, Not Cookie.

He'll come around.

6. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 Send Sideshow to ASG

Sacramento gave up on him in part because he became real passive and all he looked to do was stand around the 3 point line. Hopefully Scott can get more out of him but Petrie isn't a fool

7. Smooth

Smooth Vatreni

Oh no...it's game 3!

14 people like this.
  8. RealKingofCleve

RealKingofCleve Banned

He played pretty poorly last year. Many were claiming that it was because Sacramento was in a state of chaos, but maybe he just isn't that good? I think he'll get better, but he's a dime a dozen. Can find a role player like him anywhere.

9. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

Still like the potential of this guy

10. AmirT0

AmirT0 Rookie

I want this guy back:

[video=youtube;EjuRO7iZ5pU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjuRO7iZ5pU[/video]

11. nime

nime Boilermaker

Anthony Parker was considered Michael Jordan in Israel. Casspi was considered the next best player but nowhere near Parker's level.

That's all you need to know. He is a bench player more than likely.

12. AmirT0

AmirT0 Rookie

That's exactly where he will start the next game

13. nime

nime Boilermaker

Luckily Gee looks to be the future SF unless they draft a small forward.

The Cavs really need a SG and a stud C or PF to pair with T2. I can live with the Gee, Casspi, Eyenga battle over SF.

14. nime

nime Boilermaker

I like the rotations right now. Gee provides a nice spark off the bench. I think you continue to build his confidence off the bench. Team needs a better SG before they promote Gee back to starter.

15. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

He's the kind of guy that will randomly throw up 20 points one game and disappear the next.

1 person likes this.
  16. Gimme Some Mo

Gimme Some Mo All-Star

Another guy that can't create his own shot. His ball handling is just terrible.

1 person likes this.
  17. abraxas

abraxas 6th Man

Would you all rather have JJ screwing around out there? Come on. [btw, I was watching the Kings game the other night and with a couple seconds left at the half they put JJ in "for defense" said the announcer I nearly choked. He looked totally confused too, like, "they really just put me in for defense?"]

Anyway, Casspi will find his place. I see that many folks here have not watched him over the past few years. He's a solid, young player, but like I've written before, it's hard to know what his ceiling is since Sac was so screwed up (amazingly, they look almost worse this year, poor Jimmer). But RealKingofCleve is off saying you can find a role player like him anywhere. He brings the intangibles, toughness, and gritty play that we haven't really had in Cleveland for a long while. I liken him to Nocioni in his prime, tough dude, can hit the 3, plays solid D, but not a gifted scorer/slasher, just a solid, passionate presence, "bulldog" as Scott said.

Having said that, and being a Casspi fan, I totally agree that Gee is simply outplaying him thus far and that's OK. Even if Casspi goes the bench I still feel it was a good trade for us - and for Casspi, he's in the right organization, with the right coach, on the right team and in right city for his development. He might never be a starting piece but he's a great guy to have regardless, and we'll see better nights from him than we've been seeing in the past 3 games.

15 people like this.
  18. JSS2306

JSS2306 NBA Starter

Great post and I agree.

Casspi will give you effort and heart (perhaps some frustration) which is what you want out of him. He's a role player. I think if he slows it down for himself much like Kyrie the game will come to him. He (everyone) has to learn that playing your game is the most important part of team. Andy proves this night in and night out.

BTW, who are the f*cks that keeps saying Andy had a bad game? Are you kidding me? Andy did himself, nothing less, nothing more. He pretty much had the same sort of game he always has which is point blank blue collar hustle and extra possessions.

If you are hating on Andy, go head and smack yourself with a tack hammer a few times. Good game from Andy.

1 person likes this.
  19. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

Just. Lol

1 person likes this.
  20. ClevelandOwnz

ClevelandOwnz Sixth Man

No, He wanted out of Sacramento because after his rookie season he started too clash with the new coaches. That is why he started too settle. Also before he hit the rookie wall his rookie year, he was considered third in the rookie of the year before curry started to make his run. Casspi is still just trying to feel his way out ... like someone said he had an injury for a while and he couldnt even work out, he is still trying to get his basketball legs under him and being one who has had to deal with coming back from an injury before, its also mentally bothering him.

He will never be a big time talent but always an above average role player.

As for Gee. He will also always be a decent role player. Both these players will be better suited as bench players in the long run. Whichever one pans out in the new two years will be our Backup SF.

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.